IGNORED

Jack Butland

I BELIEVE

Bristol city always saw Jamie shore as a rival and their attitude towards Jamie shore was a disgrace

Now they are regularly sending lads to west brom

Also the bloke Scott (Kevin was it) left to join stoke, the first thing he did was ring Jamie shore to try and create a link, yet whilst he was at city all he did was bad mouth it, bizarre

Don't get me wrong Jamie Shore is a great stepping stone to academy football. However I don't think Jack Butland was there very long. Also if you look at players who have gone to academies at least 5 are now at city not including the ones who came to city and were released.

When Bristol City actually FIND North Somerset on a map we may see players of his calibre coming through the Academy.

There are now THREE Premier League clubs represented in the North Somerset area (Southampton, West Brom and our "friends" over the bridge) and City don't appear to be doing ANYTHING about it apart from moaning that these clubs have muscled in.

I play in the north somerset league and the quality is pretty good. I think City could pick up quite a few talents.

we did spot him he had trials @ the academy when he was 14 he was told he was too small

That's nonsense. At the age of 14 he was already six feet tall. He played for the Jamie Shore academy and was spotted by Birmingham. He'd actually been seen at a younger age by a Southampton scout, but they didn't follow up his recommendation, something he reminds them of on a regular basis.

He was City inclined as a youngster.

Archived