IGNORED

Jack Butland

I BELIEVE

Went round and clapped all 4 stands after final whistle. Know the lad is from North Somerset was he a city fan too?

As for his performance, it sums up a modern day young keeper, great shot-stopper, poor from crosses, kicking hit and miss. Worried he is england's current number 2 but still young so going to get better

Went round and clapped all 4 stands after final whistle. Know the lad is from North Somerset was he a city fan too?

As for his performance, it sums up a modern day young keeper, great shot-stopper, poor from crosses, kicking hit and miss. Worried he is england's current number 2 but still young so going to get better

Nah a friend who went to school with him says he was never interested in football always a rugby lad and got into football quite late on. Thought he was ok doesn't seem to cope well under pressure ie on tv or when the crowd get on his back

Noticed this, he's a local lad done good and wanted to acknowledge the One Team in Bristol!

we did spot him he had trials @ the academy when he was 14 he was told he was too small

Ridiculous if true. Sick of the "too small" mentality towards young players in Britain. At the top level look at Xavi, Iniesta and Messi - hasn't done them too much harm - albeit exceptional examples.

Granted it is of more importance for a goalkeeper or maybe a CB but 14 is no age, most young lads don't finish growing until 18 or 19 and in some cases 21 or so!

Fair play to Butland, noticed he made the effort to clap all round the ground.

I recall him clapping us in the stands away at Brum earlier in the season too.

Bristol boy done good, wish him all the best.

Very much doubt this is true, I went to school with him and he was about 6 foot if not more at 14!

Plus he was only just shorter than Zigic in their line-up. The lad's forking massive!

He had a few dodgy kicks, but basically you could see the class when he made all the right decisions at critical times.

His saves were easy, but the way he came out and robbed Baldock by sliding in during the first half was a great example of decisiveness and incisiveness that sadly Tom H didn't show when put in the same position against Bolton.

He was just incredibly decisive when a threat was presented. And I've heard he was a vague City fan as a kid. Sad our demise was confirmed by the staunch goalkeeping of a local lad.

As an earlier poster said, he also clapped the away fans at St Andrews earlier in the season. I don't know if it is because he has mates in the crowd, he is (rightly) proud of being Bristolian or he simply thinks we have good support, but on both occasions it has been nice to see.

He looked a bit dodgy on crosses a couple of times, but he is obviously a talent and it showed a couple of times in the second half.

Even attempting to dislodge Joe Hart in the England team will be an extremely difficult task, but as a proud Bristolian I wish him all the luck in the world.

When Bristol City actually FIND North Somerset on a map we may see players of his calibre coming through the Academy.

There are now THREE Premiership clubs represented in the North Somerset area (Southampton, West Brom and our "friends" over the bridge) and City don't appear to be doing ANYTHING about it apart from moaning that these clubs have muscled in.

When Bristol City actually FIND North Somerset on a map we may see players of his calibre coming through the Academy.

There are now THREE Premier League clubs represented in the North Somerset area (Southampton, West Brom and our "friends" over the bridge) and City don't appear to be doing ANYTHING about it apart from moaning that these clubs have muscled in.

This is true, for some reason the North Somerset county FA is affiliated with Cardiff over City. That needs to be fixed.

This is true, for some reason the North Somerset county FA is affiliated with Cardiff over City. That needs to be fixed.

That's why my son spends a bloody fortune sending my Grandson to Cardiff four times per week. And their head coach is also Chief Scout for SOUTHAMPTON in the area. City are literally nowhere to be seen. You couldn't make it up.

Sort of right, i work for the NS development centre (not fa) and we send our best boys to clubs. Correct we are affiliated with Cardiff, as they have shown more interest and offered more trials to boys than any other club. It's a great set-up over there. City never gave a toss about the boys we were bringing through but now they are starting to send scouts to our games and a lot more are getting picked up now which is good. Its good to see many of our boys head to clubs this year, but don't assume we send all our best to Cardiff or Southampton in Bath. From what i have seen over last 2 years, city's youth recruitment is improving and expanding outsude of just bristol, but are still behind. Its hard to take boys to city when cat a cardiff and southampton are just over the road. Jack actually came through very early stages of our set-up before Southampton picked him up

For only the second time since the Atyeo was built I was in there last night I in the second half got a good look at the goalkeeping prodigy. First of all he's huge! must '6'6'' at least and built like a weight lifter. A big lad for sure.

Unlike some I was impressed with his kicking, one particular was like a 70 yard golf shot and found their left winger who went on and created the chance that was cleared off the line. His other kicks were straight and true.

The save from Baldock was excellent as well. He used his size to make himself as big as possible and that prevented a goal. Although he didn't have a great deal to do he looked very solid.

I thought his kicking was generally good 2, only 2 slight mistakes in the first half is all I can think of, otherwise he found Zigic with a long kick and like said above their left winger, they weren't just accurate it was the distance he got too.

Sort of right, i work for the NS development centre (not fa) and we send our best boys to clubs. Correct we are affiliated with Cardiff, as they have shown more interest and offered more trials to boys than any other club. It's a great set-up over there. City never gave a toss about the boys we were bringing through but now they are starting to send scouts to our games and a lot more are getting picked up now which is good. Its good to see many of our boys head to clubs this year, but don't assume we send all our best to Cardiff or Southampton in Bath. From what i have seen over last 2 years, city's youth recruitment is improving and expanding outsude of just bristol, but are still behind. Its hard to take boys to city when cat a cardiff and southampton are just over the road. Jack actually came through very early stages of our set-up before Southampton picked him up

The other issue is that you are in direct competition with Jamie Shore which is now exclusively a West Brom Development Centre. The problem I see is that City should be getting access to and competing for ALL of the best boys in this area and it's not happening at present, accepting what you say that it is getting better.

The other issue is that you are in direct competition with Jamie Shore which is now exclusively a West Brom Development Centre. The problem I see is that City should be getting access to and competing for ALL of the best boys in this area and it's not happening at present, accepting what you say that it is getting better.

Yes i agree in an ideal word City should be setting up development centres or have affiliation to centres outside of bristol but have taking too long in doing so other local clubs have taken advantage. With the new EPPP, it will make it harder for clubs outside local areas to take the best players and limit where they can recruit from (90 minute travelling rule), so in time i believe most of the best local players will end up at city. With the old man being a city scout i know they are working hard to improve recruitment in the area.

Bristol city always saw Jamie shore as a rival and their attitude towards Jamie shore was a disgrace

Now they are regularly sending lads to west brom

Also the bloke Scott (Kevin was it) left to join stoke, the first thing he did was ring Jamie shore to try and create a link, yet whilst he was at city all he did was bad mouth it, bizarre

Archived