IGNORED

Joe Bryan

TMWANG50

I have a mate who is a Plymouth season ticket holder and was speaking with him about Bryan last night.

He said he has played almost all the games on the left wing and has been a stand out performer! He said he beats players so easily and has a fantastic delivery. They are all really pleased with him and think his only weakness is his right peg!!

He said he is too good for league 2, and has been tearing it up! One of Plymouth's stand out performers! He only had good things to say about Joe. To be honest this made my weekend.

He has to be heavily involved next season. IF we can keep Greg then I would love to see Bryan given a chance to shine on the left of midfield. Get Pearson out for christs sake and give this boy a chance. I understand SoD likes Pearson out there for balance but Bryan can offer that, and more with his delivery! Really looking forward to seeing him there next season now!

Saw Bryan when he came on at Peterborough, after they had kicked Cunningham out of the game. Posh were really putting it about that night and I thought JB would be a weak link, but he was anything but. He was very composed on the ball, solid in defence and not afraid to get forward, when he showed a decent turn of pace and no little skill.

If Cuningham goes he could be a ready made replacement although from other posts it sounds like his future could be playing wide left in midfield.

I was in Devon for Easter and went to watch the Plymouth/Exeter game. Was very impressed with Joe, who was one of the best players on the pitch. I don't think he was that far off deserving a place in the City team before he went to Plymouth, but I'm sure he's going to come back a better player than when he left. I'm confident he can make an important contribution for us next season.

I have a mate who is a Plymouth season ticket holder and was speaking with him about Bryan last night.

He said he has played almost all the games on the left wing and has been a stand out performer! He said he beats players so easily and has a fantastic delivery. They are all really pleased with him and think his only weakness is his right peg!!

He said he is too good for league 2, and has been tearing it up! One of Plymouth's stand out performers! He only had good things to say about Joe. To be honest this made my weekend.

Work with an Argyle ST holder (not the same one!) who has said the same. Joe and the lad Banton, (who has been on loan from Palace) have been their best two players since they joined.

Incidentally he also said all but 2 of their players are out of contract this summer and that Bhasera, their left back (and player of the year) is probably the only one they have who could cut it at League One level, so as he is going to be on very little in terms of wages maybe he is worth a punt if Greg Cunningham leaves us?

Work with an Argyle ST holder (not the same one!) who has said the same. Joe and the lad Banton, (who has been on loan from Palace) have been their best two players since they joined.

Incidentally he also said all but 2 of their players are out of contract this summer and that Bhasera, their left back (and player of the year) is probably the only one they have who could cut it at League One level, so as he is going to be on very little in terms of wages maybe he is worth a punt if Greg Cunningham leaves us?

It's encouraging that it seems to be the general consensus amongst the Argyle fans. I expected Bryan to shine in league 2 if he was going to break through for us next year, but it seems as if though he is comfortably better than that level!

Funny you should say that about Bhashera. I have seen him once and he looked decent, but my mate is always raving about him. By all accounts Bryan and Bhashera compliment each other well so if we were to lose Greg surely he would be worth a look at?

Good to see Joe doing a good job at that level.

Obviously wasnt ready for Chanpionship football, bizarre that Mcinnes picked him over Anderson.

He didn't look quite ready but then I'm not sure it was the right environment for him to flourish!

Fighting a relegation battle, under pressure and conceding goals for fun wouldn't have helped his development. I think he held his own but didn't do enough to warrant a regular starting place. I think it was obvious he needed to drop down and level or two and play regular first team football. Clearly he has benefited from that experience, and come the summer he can start a fresh for us with a good pre season under his belt.

Joe will be a regular starter next season, be in no doubt about that. it was pointless playing him in a containment role in a rubbish Championship side. It could affect his mind, instead he has had regular league football. L1 is an easy step for him. Our side next year will be a mix of experienced players and youngsters like Joe. He is at the moment probably the only one who will start regularly. Wes Burns will come onto consideration too as he gains league experience. The others (youngsters) will form the major part of the bench.

Agree mate, think that's pretty much spot on.

Just found these comments by Joe Bryan about Bhasera in the local Plymouth paper last week;

He said: "I'm playing 90 minutes every week and it's brilliant. I'm really enjoying it.

"The manager has told me to go out and enjoy myself and I'm playing in front of Bas (Onismor Bhasera) who is a great player. He's a quality left-back. He's not just going to put it in the channel every time.

"He will pass it to my feet and get me running at people. I don't have to worry about him getting beaten.

"I literally haven't seen him get beaten on a one-on-one yet.

"It makes it a lot easier when you can just think about going forward because you have got an extremely solid left-back behind you."

Interesting, eh?

Archived