IGNORED

Players Angry

Swindon8er

Has it not been explained why SOD does that a million times already?!

I love Bristol fans, moan about the way football is bland and samey and as soon as a forward thinker who does things differently shows up they want normal again.

Change is not good.

It's ******* ridiculous. I'm starting to loathe out fans.

and its also ridiculous how most of the fans on this forum think you talk absolute nonsense in the vast majority of your 7100 posts on nearly every topic....glasshouses /stones

The players didn't like Bright Side of Life! Ah Well!

The Manager didn't like it either! Ah Well!

I have some sympathy for those asking why SO'D didn't do more to retain our status, but lets face it who wants a relegation battle so loans and signings are in short supply. However the boys going out on loan felt a bit strange!

Nevertheless it is what it is now. SOD I believe is the best man for the job he now has!!

Understandably some fans are angry, some disappointed, some frustrated and some will be all those things and more. However, some stuff on this forum since last night has been over the top with blame being cast in every direction.(I blame the bl00dy hedgehog - sorry Aizoon but he's the only one I've not seen blamed as yet !)

While I think that we have an overpaid and underperforming bunch of players, I can well imagine that they are also feeling angry, disappointed and frustrated - if they are not, then they should look for new careers.

However, blaming every Tom, Dick or Harry for our relegation doesn't get us anywhere, and I hope that SOD is not adopting a similar approach today. What does get us somewhere is changing things at the club to sort out our problems:

1.Sort out the financial financial situation,

2.Sort out the squad ( which will help with point 1), so we are in the best position to be competitive in league 1 next season

3.Sort out a long term plan hiopefully involving development of our academy players, bringing in players who fit into SOD's playing philosophy and the clubs financial structure, redevelopment of AG ( if AV is a dead duck) so that when we do get back into the championship we have greater revenue to help fund a competitive team under ffp rules.

4.If all the above are in place, then give SOD enough time to see the job through, as we can't keep going through the upheavel caused by changing managers regualrly, as we have these last 4 years.

Reading between the lines I think the club's senior management held a post mortem on this season some time ago and I reckon they have come up with something like the above. While the club might be comitted to a plan to turn around the club's fortunes, will fans have the patience to see it through?

It got a mention on the Hawsby and Jacobs show on Talk Sport today. Andy Jacobs explained that Sean O'Driscoll was upset by the choice of music 'always look on the bright side of life' played by the tannoy announcer. Jacobs then went on to say O'Driscoll should relax and it was a bit of fun.

With 2 wins in the last 12 games all we can do is look on the bright side, do do do do......................

How dare you blame Horace? Particularly as he's proudly wearing his 2013-14 scarf what the Mrs has just knitted for him. Still, he's got a broad back, spiny though it is.

Other than Horace, about the only ones who aren't to blame are the fans. They've been magnificent. Even for the Wendy game, when it was pretty certain we were down, there was solid support. It wasn't always so, despite what some of my generation might tell you.

Board, managers, players all have their share of blame, but that's not the point. The point is to rebuild for the medium to long term. I think SOD has the track record to do this, and I think the real fans will give him the time to do it.

No wonder the fans are so pissed off..........we get relegated...the side we beat 4-2 at the start of the season (whose name slips my mind as i do not speak Malaysian) get to the Premier League on the same night..........and then we find out the club we love has managed to squander 41 Million on the biggest detritus of talentless, passionless losers it has been our misfortune to clap eyes on. David James, Nicky Hunt, Damian Stewart, Jody Morris.et al...the list just goes on & on.........it has been said before, but if Lansdown ran his business like he ran B. C..... he would now be living in a Cardboard Box.

No wonder the fans are so pissed off..........we get relegated...the side we beat 4-2 at the start of the season (whose name slips my mind as i do not speak Malaysian) get to the Premier League on the same night..........and then we find out the club we love has managed to squander 41 Million on the biggest detritus of talentless, passionless losers it has been our misfortune to clap eyes on. David James, Nicky Hunt, Damian Stewart, Jody Morris.et al...the list just goes on & on.........it has been said before, but if Lansdown ran his business like he ran B. C..... he would now be living in a Cardboard Box.

:laughcont:

I love Bristol fans, moan about the way football is bland and samey and as soon as a forward thinker who does things differently shows up they want normal again.

Change is not good.

I'm pretty sure most people loath you as well.

I'd be angry too if I was on £7-10 Large every week and then I suddenly and rather belatedly realised my performance level meant I would be lucky to have a job in two months time and some nutter played Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life!!

Give the lads a break, it's not easy being a Professional Footballer!! How will they keep up the HP payments on the Bentley and all that?

What are you talking about. If its a Bentley GT they cost a mere £120-150k.. they could pay for that in about 3 months.

We woz cussed and doom-steered the minuitee we (not me I hasten to add) donned that shitesville abomination they had the nerve to call the City Home Kit. What a piece of carp that was; I hope they are left with farsands of unsold stock... they should send em to needy folk who will make good use of them as dusters or lining the cupboards in the garden shed; they certainly wouldn't be wearing them.

We woz cussed and doom-steered the minuitee we (not me I hasten to add) donned that shitesville abomination they had the nerve to call the City Home Kit. What a piece of carp that was; I hope they are left with farsands of unsold stock... they should send em to needy folk who will make good use of them as dusters or lining the cupboards in the garden shed; they certainly wouldn't be wearing them.

I think they've sent some to Africa, where you'd have thought they have problems enough already :(

I blame the bl00dy hedgehog - sorry Aizoon but he's the only one I've not seen blamed as yet !

However, blaming every Tom, Dick or Harry for our relegation doesn't get us anywhere

I see. First you blame the hedgehog and now you're blaming me.

Despicable I'll tell ya.

Harry & Horace 4 Ever!! :wub:

We need a hedgehog smiley.

Change is not good.

Crack on then uber fan, while the rest of us are utterly ****** off with the bollockless performances when it was needed, and all this other gettin this that and the other bollocks..They are quick enough to get the toys, and bloody slow to sot the problem.

I hope the EE & Atyeo sing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life all game at the last home game. Its what they deserve.

Get over it..............

Such bad taste. This sums up our club, completely out of touch with the fans.

Perhaps David Lloyd will provide us with an official apology from the club?

**** that, howabout those ******* donkies apologising to us for getting relegated and just escaping it the two previous season...

It was reported via the clubs twitter service after the game last night

Why do you ALWAYS seem to take this high opinion of yourself and your views?

We are all entitled to our own opinions and people will back up their theories etc, but you always seem to put little digs and comments to people - let have people have their opinion even if nobody else agrees with it!

You are fast becoming like your buddy Ronabe, ask him what happened to him before he rejoined!

High opinion? Don't think so. I find it ridiculous that a manager has to explain himself every 5 minutes over simple things like holding his team meetings directly after the match. He's explained the logic and it works for him yet people still question?!

I'm not saying people can't disagree, Christ I frequently disagree with managers over selection etc. but when the manager explains his preference and then gives logical reasons for it... Do me a favour, that's just criticism for criticisms sake.

I don't think my opinion is worth more than anyone else. I think I'm right, why would I hold an opinion other wise?

Would describe Ron as a buddy at all. He knows his football though.

and its also ridiculous how most of the fans on this forum think you talk absolute nonsense in the vast majority of your 7100 posts on nearly every topic....glasshouses /stones

That's fine, I'm comfortable having an opinion different from the masses.

I'm comfortable having a different outlook on football to those who accept the failing status quo.

I hope the EE & Atyeo sing Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life all game at the last home game. Its what they deserve.

Get over it..............

Yep, the song makes them angry eh? Watching most of those knobs prancing around has made me angry this season. It would be nice to return the favour.

If the players are angry I am glad. Sport is all about winning. Coming second is first of the losers. For me though I genuinely believe we have had players who did not care but as a sportsman I have once tasted the bitter tang of relegation and hope it does hurt. It hurt me like hell and taught me that never again did I want to taste ghat again. Players that remain with the club i hope feel the same and understand that work is not just about the money you take home but that you earnt it. I will be alone on this but hope one or two that haave the bad taste stay and prove they can do it. But for me this is the problem with pro sport......me i would rather watch someone playing for the badge than the salary

Music fine, bit of a laugh (we all suspected relegation since Christmas). The football not fine. This is what we all pay for. We (well most of us) are not super rich but have a passion for this club. Steve Lansdown also has this passion although things have not gone well. The person who does not seem to come across with any passion (apart from the choice of music) is SOD, and why should he, it's only a job. Crap football for the past three seasons, crap players, what appears to be poor management of the club plus an apparently non interested (new) manager. Moaning no!, just my point of view. Renew my season ticket? Yes absolutely! BCFC moves on past this.

I see. First you blame the hedgehog and now you're blaming me.

Despicable I'll tell ya.

Harry & Horace 4 Ever!! :wub:

We need a hedgehog smiley.

Ha, flushed you out at last.

Two down and one to go. If I can just find that Tom I will have the little gang of three responsible for our relegation bang to rights. :)

Archived