IGNORED

Who Do People Think We'll Keep Out Of The 'better Players'

Brizzle Jordan

There isn't a hope in hell Albert will still be here.

Stead I would say is extremely unlikely and even if we do offer him a contract, it will be on much reduced wages and will more than likely attract more money elsewhere.

Cunningham again I would say it is unlikely. The boy is an excellent player will only continue to improve. Luckily he still has a lot of time left on his contract and doesn't strike me as someone who will look to force through a transfer, so it would hopefully take a substancial bid for us to let him go.

Baldock and Davies I'm not sure. I'm still not totally convinced by Baldock and he has left me somewhat disappointed as I just feel there is a lot lacking from his game. If it were me I would sell should we receive an offer anywhere near what we paid for him last summer. For me Davies is a quality player and somebody who would score for fun in League 1. He does have weaknesses, but he is a class act and somebody I would be over the moon to still be here come September 1st.

I would say that Anderson, Kelly and Moloney will all stay, and will be three integral players in next season's team.

Got this horrible feeling we will be keeping alot more of the crap than we supporters would like.

As I posted on another thread earlier, there does seem to be some fans that are deluded as to which players will still be here in next season.

We would all love our team in August to have players such as Albert, Davies and Cunningham in it, but naturally other teams will look to sign our best players.

There is no reason anybody will show any interest in Foster, Kilkenny, Pearson etc so the reality is we could well be lumbered with them while our more talented players move on to pastures new.

As I posted on another thread earlier, there does seem to be some fans that are deluded as to which players will still be here in next season.

We would all love our team in August to have players such as Albert, Davies and Cunningham in it, but naturally other teams will look to sign our best players.

There is no reason anybody will show any interest in Foster, Kilkenny, Pearson etc so the reality is we could well be lumbered with them while our more talented players move on to pastures new.

Pearson is out of contract isnt he?

Simple question:

Who if any do you lot think we'll still have playing for us next season out of the players us fans seem to rate the most(based on lack of stick given to them this year)

Sam Baldock

Jon Stead

Steve Davies

Greg Cunningham

Paul Anderson

Albert Adomah

Brendan Maloney

Liam Kelly

Would like all these players to stay in all honesty, however IMO think we'll lose Stead, Albert and Cunningham.

I'm fairly sure McInnes gave him two years last summer...

He did yeah.

This is what i worry about, trying to find buyers for players still in contract like Fontaine, Kilkenny, Foster, J.Wilson (am sure he signed a new deal under Mcinnes) & Pearson. Im also not convinced on Baldock and would cash in for sure as there would be plenty of takers for him.

Landsdown Jnr on Points West stated that although there won't be a 'fire sale' there will be players who will bring big transfer fees and the club will be taking these offers very seriously in order to address the debt aa well as the wage bill discrepancy in League One (roughly around 10 million less than the present 18 million to bring the club into FFP stipulations).

Looks like the youngsters will get their opportunity...

He did yeah.

This is what i worry about, trying to find buyers for players still in contract like Fontaine, Kilkenny, Foster, J.Wilson (am sure he signed a new deal under Mcinnes) & Pearson. Im also not convinced on Baldock and would cash in for sure as there would be plenty of takers for him.

Maybe the new Aberdeen manager will need to 'strengthen' his side in the summer?!

Hopefully!

I'd love it if we could keep Heaton, Moloney, Cunningham, and Kelly. As for strikers, I'm not really sure. I think Taylor will stay, and hopefully he can prove himself in league one- I think he'll be able to do a job. Stead, Davies and Baldock would all be fantastic in league one, but I'd be suprised if we can afford to give Stead a new contract, and I'd imagine Davies and Baldock will attract offers.

As many as possible of the rest of the squad I haven't mentioned I'd like to see go. As well as the players I've mentioned above I'd like Burns, Reid and Bryan all to be big players for us next year.

I reckon we try to keep

Heaton- Miles better than Gerken IMO

Moloney- Youngish, And seems solid

Cunningham- Young and signed long contract

Kelly- Does the Dirty Work

Anderson- Not sure many would be after him as he hasn't featured much this season

Stead-A good leader in a young squad

The rest we should let go or sell, We need to rebuild not stick with the same bunch who have made going down the gate a chore for the last 3 seasons

I'll now explain the controversial ones,

Baldock- Isn't as lively as I expected and not a great finisher, Could sell for a bit and use some of our own young strikers

Davies- IMO all he has is a good shot, Doesn't win many headers, Not that quick, Just like Pitman but the main reason is we could sell for quite a bit and he's probably on a fair wedge of money as well, But if we kept one of these two I would keep Davies as he will score in League 1.

Killkenny- He's crap, He won't become the playmaker we want over pre season he's had one good game for us, Plus he's getting old, Bring in someone young (23-26) with Low end championship/League 1 experience.

Albert- He is too good for League 1 and we should look to sell before his contract runs down too far.

Get rid of the lot there all crap.

And start with a new team, that would work wouldn't it. Silly comment. We need a back bone of players to build on. I think will be getting rid of mark Wilson/ Marvs / skuse / Fontaine / Carey - but will stay at the club in some way/ adomah may leave but as he stated he will only leave for a prem club could stay/ Kilkenny / Pearson.

That's 7 out. Anyone think of anyone out of contract apart from stead who I hope will sign a new deal.

AARON HOLLOWAY BRIAN HOWARD COLE SKUSE DEAN GERKEN JOHN STEAD LEWIN NYATANGA LEWIS CAREY LOUIS CAREY MARK WILSON MARVIN ELLIOT MATTHEW BATES TOM HEATON

These 12 are all out of contract in the summer, from this 12 offer heaton, carey the young keeper a new contract, stead and skuse try and keep on reduced budget, if they demand more, tell them to whistle.

Albert will be gone, Baldock if im honest, if he was the player we thought we were getting then perhaps maybe we might have a few more points in the bag (dissapointed), if we can keep will be great in L1, the full backs are on long contracts, and Davies will be gone - all my own opinions

Of All The Players That Are Out Of Contract I Would Only Keep Heaton,Tangs(Improved A Lot Lately) And Maybe Stead Depending On Wages

I'd Like to see us try and keep Davies,Cunningham,Moloney,Kelly and Anderson the most and we could then use the money from the rest of the sales on young hungry players or pocket the money to reduce the debt

Adomah and Stead I think will go for sure.

Of the rest I reckon we'll keep Moloney and Kelly as - whilst both are good players - Moloney came here having not been playing regularly and knowing relegation was a possibility. I reckon he'll want to play first team football next season and suspect his wages are such that there's no massive interest in us selling him. Kelly is someone I think we will sell for a profit in the future but I'm not sure whether he's done enough over the past four months to command a fee we couldn't refuse.

Unless, despite what JL we are going to be doing a firesale, I reckon Baldock might be here next season.

I've got confidence he can be a good striker if given the chance but he came to us having not made the step up at West Ham and then hasn't held down a first-team place in a relegated team. I don't reckon - at the moment - clubs are going to be queueing up to pay us what we paid for him.

With Cunningham, Davies and Anderson, I think it all depends how much they want to go and how much clubs are willing to offer for them. I'd like us to keep them but I'm not sure it'll be possible.

If I was a gambling man I'd bet on Cunningham, Davies, Stead and Adomah moving on with Moloney, Kelly, Anderson and Baldock staying.

And start with a new team, that would work wouldn't it. Silly comment. We need a back bone of players to build on. I think will be getting rid of mark Wilson/ Marvs / skuse / Fontaine / Carey - but will stay at the club in some way/ adomah may leave but as he stated he will only leave for a prem club could stay/ Kilkenny / Pearson.

That's 7 out. Anyone think of anyone out of contract apart from stead who I hope will sign a new deal.

Adomah stated he'd only leave for a Premier League club when we were a Championship club. I suspect he might change his mind now.

Plus, given that iirc he only has one year left on his contract, I don't think we should give him the option.

I also can't see any possible way that Stead would stay - surely the amount of money he will want will be way more than we're able to pay.

I also suspect Kilkenny and Pearson may be harder to shift than you think...

I think Kelly will stay, and he's good enough to do a job in that league. I think Maloney will stay, and he'll be very good in League 1.

As for the rest of the decent players I think Albert, Baldock, Davies, and Cunningham will definatly be on their way. They'll be keen to avoid another Maynard saga with Albert, if we want to half the wage budget then Baldock will have to go. Davies deserves a move back up to the Championship, and considering Forrest wanted Cunningham at the start of the season, i'd think there will be sufficient interest from clubs to see him moving on.

Stead might stay, since he seems to have settled here after being a bit of a journeyman, might be interested in a move to Huddersfield. Anderson is good enough for the Championship, but I think we'd be able to convince him to stay, because he hardly set the world on fire last season.

We will keep everyone under contract they all have clauses in with wage reduction (I heard a rumour it can be as much as 50% on some of them but I doubt thats true)

In fact the only one under contract I don't expect us to keep is albert he's the biggest assit we have at the moment

+1 to what monkeh says. The club is in control of the contracted players so unless we accept a bid, they will e with us next season.

I can see most of the ones we want to keep, staying. They all signed the contracts knowing it will reduce if we get relegated. Anderson, Cunningham and Moloney all worked with SOD at forest so will stay, Kelly is just getting settled. Baldock will stay as he needs to prove himself. The only one I can see leaving is Davies. He never seems to be happy but maybe that's just his demenure (spelling).

I'm remaining positive that we will have a good team next season. There won't be a mass exodus but I do hope we get rid of players like Kilkenny, Fontaine ad foster

Archived