IGNORED

So What Now Then? An Oppinion (Or Two!)

Pheasant plucker

WTFiGO!?!

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and quakes like a duck; it's probably a duck.

Replace the word 'duck' with 'sad sag'...

Replace the words 'sad sag' with 'unimaginative bell end'.

NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------

Now bell end I can live with, but SAG??? Have you read the post you knob jockey? You might not agree with my oppinions, but to be honest I couldnt give a toss!

You go back to you childish insults in your world of Utopia - mayb go support Manure if you want your team to win at all costs.

Knob jockey, Manure fan? then you call me childish.....

Of course you couldn't give a toss, you needn't have said it it's so obvious.

Remember, today's words of the day: imagination, wit, self-pride.....

Your turn to post.

Now I like to browse the forums, but I rarely post or start a thread, but with alot of whats being said I thought I would for a change!

Im guessing we're all more than dissapointed in the way a season that started so brightly has dissintegrated into an almost farcical ending - this of course culminating in the now infomous "always look on the bright side of life" playing over the tannoy as SoD was consoling an obviously gutted city team. I know alot of you were offened by this, but personally I did have a chuckle as it summed up my feelings exactly!

Well lets just look at the facts, it is as bad as it looks - or indeed worse?! O.K were in league one again, I for one have been watching city so long I've seen far more "3rd division" games than 2nd, or indeed first, infact my first game was in 1982 so I've never seen us in the top flight - it may not always be pretty, but we still get our Saturday afternoons at the footie, see our footie mates and have a beer and a burger if we want - not so bad ay!? no one has actually died!

Dont get me wrong, I've really enjoyed watching us in the championship (well some of the time! Hehe) and we should strive to play in the best league we can, but it is what it is and for a plethera of reasons were in a poor period.So then what next?

Well I think we should "look on the bright side" and use this opportunity to move foward, first of all lets get rid of the dead wood as seems to be the plan and actually use our youngsters.

I also believe there should be a 3 point plan in the next 12 months to move foward - and I mean REALLY move us foward.

1) I think SL should clear the debts we have amassed, and have a realistic, sustainable wage bill, this would give any players and coaching staff e.t.c Confidence that were not about to go pop and stop the media mentioning it every 2minutes.

2) We need to sort out quickly whether we are going Ashton Vale or Ashton Gate, and start building it, again to show people and fans that we are indeed moving foward not just talking about it!

3) Thirdly changes at board level are required. A chairman who is a figurehead, not a media shy shrinkng violet is needed (we cant have a manager and chairman whos not keen on the media surely, what message is this sending out?) and my oppinion is adding two footballing figures on the board - a good old pro with contacts and experience in the professional game, maybe looking to work a couple of days a week and maybe a M.r Bristol city type figure, someone who loves city, has been part of the club along time and again played profesionally, respected, someone who knows what works management and board wise at city and what doesnt - maybe Louis Carey or similar? O.k maybe not louis but you get the drift! - two guys who would be here for the long haul and provide continuation when inevitably managers leave, and give good, sound advice to the board on their next appointment.

Hopefully in SoD we have a guy who can pull the club, get results, good pleasing on the eye football and give us a clear path for the future - but I guess only time will tell.

I'll still renew my S.T support the team and hope for the best. COYR!!!

Good post.

Point 1..I believe that S.L is clearing the debt via a share issue, basically meaning he owns a bigger proportion of the club. Point 2.. That decision should be known by Sept/Oct this year and I understand that building can start almost immediately a decision has been made. Point 3. Agree with this apart from the Louis Carey bit. Definitely not him. At the moment it appears that Jon Lansdown is chairman in everything bar name. We certainly need more "football" people in the boardroom.

What is their in the op to make anybody think that the poster is a sag?

It did look, sound and quack like a duck, imo.

There is the occasional victim caught in the cross-fire, unfortunately.

As a fellow City fan, if my instinct has failed me I'm sure the op will have it about them to forgive me.

If however the OP is sag then no harm done either.

Another point, a lot of these messages are being put out for the benefit of sag lurkers, incognitos and out right squatters, not exclusively for the wum themself. We at Bristol City have always taken pride in our level of hospitality, after all :)

Having spent the majority of the last 30 yrs watching City in Div 3 I'm definately not looking forward to revisiting it.

It's really quite astounding why we're unable to become a solid middle/upper reaches of 2nd tier club. Should have happened with Joe Jordan's promotion team but then JJ left, Lumsden sold Taylor and that was the beginning of the end of that spell.

Now we've plumped for SOD hope we stick with him for at least five years give him the chance to build a team a la Alan Dicks.

Based on what? So what if, in two years' time, he's taken us into the Conference? Not that I think he will but five years is very generous!

Lets not forget that the only reason we stuck with AD long enough to achieve success was that victory at Leeds. His neck was well and truly on the block before that.

Leeds fan (through gritted teeth): Well done.

Me: Yes, but it'll play hell with our relegation struggle.

We were 21st/22 then, and I was a cheeky young git.

It did look, sound and quack like a duck, imo.

There is the occasional victim caught in the cross-fire, unfortunately.

As a fellow City fan, if my instinct has failed me I'm sure the op will have it about them to forgive me.

If however the OP is sag then no harm done either.

Another point, a lot of these messages are being put out for the benefit of sag lurkers, incognitos and out right squatters, not exclusively for the wum themself. We at Bristol City have always taken pride in our level of hospitality, after all :)

---------------------------------------------------

Funny how your the only one who appears to think im a SAG. I' m astounded how anyone could percieve such a positive post in that light!

Infact it appears that most posters actually agree broadly with me . As for saying I couldnt give a toss what childish rhetoric, Im a ST holder at Ashton Gate, have been for many years, infact saw the last relegation, ill be there for the last games of the season to give my support to my chosen team.

Just because I choose to look at the pisitives and how we can improve our club you view that negitively?

I wouldnt watch/support that shower of shit at the mem if you paid me - dont get me wrong, like a bit of banter with them, and most are ok but as a bonified " shit head" the suggestion turns my stomach!

I suggest you read my post again, maybe get someone to help you out with some of the words and come back and appologise.

Rant over :)

Sorry boss, I'm gonna stop with this sag baiting now as you're the second one falsely accused and I've had my fun.

Just read up to the 1982 bit and there did seem unnecessary emphasis on the third division, the immediate posts following also seemed strange so I wrongly pulled the trigger. Apologies once again.

Can't see SL writing the debt off yet but think he will do one day.

Board clearly need a manifesto that they stick too.

Thirdly, I do think we need some one at board level with better footballing nous, given the proof in the pudding to date.

The only real benefit of relegation as I see it is it'll give us opportunity to get our house in order financially. The timing with the FFP is a fortunate coincidence.

Based on what? So what if, in two years' time, he's taken us into the Conference? Not that I think he will but five years is very generous!

Stability for a start, he's an experienced manager with a good record who sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Archived