IGNORED

Fair Enough To The Club And Jon Lansdown

shaunbcfc94

You think the club dishing out a few pasties and chocolate bars is in some way a sweetener??

Look at who they are giving it to , 50 or so fans who are making a 600 mile round trip , on a Friday , to watch a TV game 3 days after we've been relegated. Those fans don't need bribing to watch us next year , they will all be there rest assured. It is simply a thank you for sticking with us and how you can see it as anything else is beyond me.

I don't see it as a bribe, they aren't trying to bribe the ones who are getting it, they're playing the PR game. As you said the fans getting it will be there regardless so the club get to reward the most loyal and in doing so get them saying what a nice gesture it is, which has worked.

It's PR plain and simple, nothing to do with thanking fans but rather an attempt to reward a few to make the others feel as if the club still cares. Yes there may be some kind will in it because the most deserving fans get it but it's still ultimately a small PR investment.

I think people think I'm saying the club has done this purely to get more fans to show up, it's not the only intent but it's definitely an attempt to start to mend some of the damage done via the relegation and poor season. A small gesture that costs little but for many will help them see the club in a good light.

I don't see it as a bribe, they aren't trying to bribe the ones who are getting it, they're playing the PR game. As you said the fans getting it will be there regardless so the club get to reward the most loyal and in doing so get them saying what a nice gesture it is, which has worked. It's PR plain and simple, nothing to do with thanking fans but rather an attempt to reward a few to make the others feel as if the club still cares. Yes there may be some kind will in it because the most deserving fans get it but it's still ultimately a small PR investment. I think people think I'm saying the club has done this purely to get more fans to show up, it's not the only intent but it's definitely an attempt to start to mend some of the damage done via the relegation and poor season. A small gesture that costs little but for many will help them see the club in a good light.

How many extra people are going to show up when we are on tv?

I don't see it as a bribe, they aren't trying to bribe the ones who are getting it, they're playing the PR game. As you said the fans getting it will be there regardless so the club get to reward the most loyal and in doing so get them saying what a nice gesture it is, which has worked.

It's PR plain and simple, nothing to do with thanking fans but rather an attempt to reward a few to make the others feel as if the club still cares. Yes there may be some kind will in it because the most deserving fans get it but it's still ultimately a small PR investment.

I think people think I'm saying the club has done this purely to get more fans to show up, it's not the only intent but it's definitely an attempt to start to mend some of the damage done via the relegation and poor season. A small gesture that costs little but for many will help them see the club in a good light.

Sorry but , IMO , that's rubbish.

To anyone who says the club never do anything for the supporters, I have just got to the coach ready to depart to hull, I was greeted by a free bag with a shirt, drink and boost bar, when on the coach I was given a free pie and pasty, Jon lansdown was also here talking to the fans. Fair play to the club and Jon lansdown, rewarding the supporters who have been here through the whole season.

Fair play..I don't question their ambition and I trust them but they need to employ people with docemented skill. Not just totally clueless overpaid shit. Season after season. I don't care about today. I ask for a change for the future. Not empty words and bloody shit talk as always. Grief and Hull away.WHO CARES A SHIt.

Why cant people look past all this PR cobblers and just see it as friendly and appreciative of the fans support.

Well done to JL and the club.

Agree mate.

It's a nice gesture, fair play to the club and JL.

Also massive respect for those fans who have made the trip to Hull. All are a credit to the club.

This is true, I just think the club haven't done this for the reasons of the fans, they've done it because they need to get the fans behind them after suffering relegation. If we'd had stayed up they probably would have done naff all. On a serious note did they do anything last season when we had a terrible season and barely survived?

The club doesn't need to do anything for any fans.

The people on that coach will follow city wherever they play.

I would be interested to know how many people will be renewing their season tickets next year regardless of relegation.

There are 7 of us going to renew with two others considering their position, amongst the group I attend matches with.

Any others renewing regardless?

The club doesn't need to do anything for any fans.

The people on that coach will follow city wherever they play.

I would be interested to know how many people will be renewing their season tickets next year regardless of relegation.

There are 7 of us going to renew with two others considering their position, amongst the group I attend matches with.

Any others renewing regardless?

Yep , all of the blokes I go with , 10 or so in the Dolman.

There are probably about 50 (or less) extremely loyal fans making their way to Hull tonight. If the club wants to give them a bit of scran and a free shirt , fair play to them , it doesn't need knocking.

98 fans in the end, fair play to everyone that went.

We've been relegated and you're praising the club for trying to keep people turning up? Club and Country is right, it's just basic PR, getting the fans on the side of the club so they do not turn on them.

If the club really wants to be good to the fans they should announce lowering prices, they should also be looking at the forums and taking the complaints on board about food and prices, quality of the food and so on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "hate the club, they don't care" but a few free shirts, bags and so on does not mean they suddenly are doing things right. I'm sure the average fan would take an organised team playing good football over a free shirt.

This from the person who's always defending Cardiff's board on here.

To the OP, you said it, "supporters". Good on you !Sky said that 98 was a magnificent response all things considered!Most of the keyboard warriors who moan on here wouldn't even consider setting foot in AG, let alone tavelling god knows how many miles !

Cheers mate, too right they complain about everything, even things that are outside the club, I even got Scotty Murrays autograph which made my day

Archived