IGNORED

Fair Enough To The Club And Jon Lansdown

shaunbcfc94

Those questioning the sanity of the few who traveled last night may well have a point - indeed I was questioning my own for much of the journey both ways.

BUT - the sanity of those who support Bristol City in expectation of anything more than oscillating mediocrity may be in more pressing need of treatment.

If you continue to do what you always did (turn up - abuse players and management for not being better etc.) and not expect to get what you always got - then you have a serious problem!

As far as ticket prices are concerned - of course much cheaper would be much better - but more than ever before the future of this club is dependent on maximising revenue - the harsh reality is that the Board must consider this and nothing else in fixing prices for next season - like any business the only price which is too high is the one that has the effect of reducing overall revenue - whatever we might say short-term price elasticity in demand for season tickets tends to be very low.

Those questioning the sanity of the few who traveled last night may well have a point - indeed I was questioning my own for much of the journey both ways.

BUT - the sanity of those who support Bristol City in expectation of anything more than oscillating mediocrity may be in more pressing need of treatment.

If you continue to do what you always did (turn up - abuse players and management for not being better etc.) and not expect to get what you always got - then you have a serious problem!

As far as ticket prices are concerned - of course much cheaper would be much better - but more than ever before the future of this club is dependent on maximising revenue - the harsh reality is that the Board must consider this and nothing else in fixing prices for next season - like any business the only price which is too high is the one that has the effect of reducing overall revenue - whatever we might say short-term price elasticity in demand for season tickets tends to be very low.

The price of football is too expensive, that is not the supporters fault. It is the fault of the clubs who cannot be bothered to get together and make a stand against obscene player wages. All FFP will do is increase the price of your tickets below the Premier League. There just aren't the commercial opportunities to keep the artificially high salaries any other way.

Much cheaper would be much better if everyone was signed up to a salary cap, before anyone says it would be illegal, if all clubs in the championship for example said, we will only pay £3000 a week maximum for this job in this league there wouldn't be a thing anyone could do, that's the market rate for this country, if you believe you can better this salary elsewhere in another market you are free to explore it.

The clubs have the power if they want it, unfortunately the FA are spineless and so are the chairmen.

This, well said sir.

Fair play to the OP too, great commitment.

You gotta have a little laugh though surely.. I mean the smallest away following of the season and they get the prizes out. :laugh:. oh,... but in keeping with decorum.. fair play to those lovely chaps.

You think the club dishing out a few pasties and chocolate bars is in some way a sweetener??

Look at who they are giving it to , 50 or so fans who are making a 600 mile round trip , on a Friday , to watch a TV game 3 days after we've been relegated. Those fans don't need bribing to watch us next year , they will all be there rest assured. It is simply a thank you for sticking with us and how you can see it as anything else is beyond me.

quite agree-these people are dyed in the wool...religious in their habit!..

Free gifts for the most committed fans? - criticised on here

Reference to fans need to grieve following relegation? - criticised on here

Criticism of decision to play jokey self-deprecating song choice? - criticised on here

Fans clapping players? - criticised on here

Players clapping fans? - criticised on here

Fans travelling to Hull? - criticised on here

Players not making enough effort to clap fans? - criticised on here

Players putting in effort against Hull? - criticised on here

Players not putting in effort against Hull? - criticised on here

and all of this in the last five days!

I think it might be worth recognising that having failed miserably at the one task which really mattered (performing well over 46 games) there is absolutely nothing the directors, management or players can do or say that will strike the right chord with everyone

I for one:

• believe JL's choice of words was perfect for the occasion;
  • agree that confirmation of our demise was not a time for the club to give us Monty Python;
  • forgive players who don't feel the need to look for abuse from their own supporters; and
  • do not expect players or managers to perform like seasoned politicians in interviews

My love of this club depends on empathy with players (and to some extent manager and even Board) - I therefore suffer with them when they fail so that I can celebrate with them if and when the other thing happens. Of course I feel let down and I form opinions on why they have failed but abusing them provides no more consolation than abusing others I love for their imperfections (far fewer and smaller than I have by the way)

My love of this club depends on empathy with players (and to some extent manager and even Board) - I therefore suffer with them when they fail so that I can celebrate with them if and when the other thing happens. Of course I feel let down and I form opinions on why they have failed but abusing them provides no more consolation than abusing others I love for their imperfections (far fewer and smaller than I have by the way)

Wise words.

"Each man kills the thing he loves" - Oscar Wilde

Free gifts for the most committed fans? - criticised on here

Reference to fans need to grieve following relegation? - criticised on here

Criticism of decision to play jokey self-deprecating song choice? - criticised on here

Fans clapping players? - criticised on here

Players clapping fans? - criticised on here

Fans travelling to Hull? - criticised on here

Players not making enough effort to clap fans? - criticised on here

Players putting in effort against Hull? - criticised on here

Players not putting in effort against Hull? - criticised on here

and all of this in the last five days!

I think it might be worth recognising that having failed miserably at the one task which really mattered (performing well over 46 games) there is absolutely nothing the directors, management or players can do or say that will strike the right chord with everyone

I for one:

• believe JL's choice of words was perfect for the occasion;
  • agree that confirmation of our demise was not a time for the club to give us Monty Python;
  • forgive players who don't feel the need to look for abuse from their own supporters; and
  • do not expect players or managers to perform like seasoned politicians in interviews

It's because some fans only go when we are winning and complain everytime we lose

Archived