IGNORED

What's To Stop[...

Red Cloud

I watched something about this the other night. You can put unlimited money to the Academy (including signing young players to go in it). No player who has come from the ranks counts against the wage bill so it could be an avenue. In theory a company owned by SL could pay us however many million to sponsor kit, ground etc etc. This is how a lot of Prem teams will get round it.

That is what the report said anyway.

I watched something about this the other night. You can put unlimited money to the Academy (including signing young players to go in it). No player who has come from the ranks counts against the wage bill so it could be an avenue. In theory a company owned by SL could pay us however many million to sponsor kit, ground etc etc. This is how a lot of Prem teams will get round it.

That is what the report said anyway.

and what have we done this season? signed about 11 players for the devlopment squad

I'm sure that if there are loopholes in the FFP regulations that either Steve Lansdown or more likely someone who works for him would have examined every avenue.

players signed before sept 2012 on a 3 year contract don't count to next seasons wage bill off the top of my head that will be Cunningham, Baldock and Davies

But we don't want to do anything like that. We genuinely need this club to stand on it's own two feet. Getting money into the club via the back door is the sort of financial mismanagement that got us £40m in debt in the first place. Call me naive, but I would love to see us get some success with some good honest hard work.

Archived