IGNORED

Pompey Points Deduction?

timothy bird

I do :(

So do I Aizoon, was 15 at the time. The teacher at my old school (St Brendans) was a City fan and let us wear scarves to school on the supposed 'last day'. Awful times. :(

Just because we did something 30+ years ago, it doesn't make what has happened to Pompey right IMHO.

Didn't Luton get the points deduction added onto them in their next season (the first in the Conference)?

If so, why have Pompey been allowed to take the deduction this season - an utterly meaningless gesture - instead of next.

Unless, I'm misremembering things, this sounds like yet more inconsistency from the FA.

Correct R.R.

And from memory, Luton had not abused the system as much as Pompey.

I am guessing that the F.L. do not include Pompey's misdemeanours in the P.L. (different body etc..)

The sale of the club hasn't gone through yet

Google it and I think you will find it has.. every paper and web site carries the same story.. signed and sealed.

Who physically owns the assets, i.e. the ground, is another matter as the articles I have read seem to miss that point.

Appreciate the point but it still doesn't make it right towng*s. Bear in mind, alot of our support weren't born in '82 let alone attending games so won't remember those dark days.

I agree. The point here surely is that procedures must be put in place to prevent this happening. Hopefully the FPP will achieve this, until all the clever financial people find a way around it!. No other type of business would survive it were run like a football club, it's incredible really.

I went to the Rovers game today and it was truly awful, absolutely dreadful. I'm afraid you're all in for a bit of a shock next season. I have attended the occasional City match this season and whilst you haven't got the results I always came away thinking I've seen a decent game with good skills. Welcome to the prolonged games of head tennis along the pitch side towards the centre of the field!

I went to the Rovers game today and it was truly awful, absolutely dreadful. I'm afraid you're all in for a bit of a shock next season. I have attended the occasional City match this season and whilst you haven't got the results I always came away thinking I've seen a decent game with good skills. Welcome to the prolonged games of head tennis along the pitch side towards the centre of the field!

I watched Hartlepool v Brentford, TG, so I know just what you mean!

I wonder if the decision would have been different if it wasn't the fan trust buying the club? Also the rules written about carrying over to the next season I believe are applicable to when the club go IN to admin - if you read them as a judge would, I think there would be a strong legal case for those rules not to apply here, so carrying them over would have been open to a legal challenge.

They are in League two with a set of constraints on playing budgets, borrowing and loan repayments that are in effect for five years. Personally that is enough for me and I would rather have these constraints there, than give them a deduction which might force them out of the league altogether...I was young but I remember 1982 too :(

Ff is full of loop holes. Tbh we seem to be the only club taking a blind bit of notice of it! With their past history I wouldn't expect pompey to start obeying the rules. What's the punishment for breachingy ff? A transferr embargo that's irrelevant if you've already signed the players. Or a fine which I'm sure a club with pompeys experience of getting away with it could find a way to avoid paying.

Archived