IGNORED

Steven Davies

MarcusX

You are another example of someone who just doesn't understand football. You just don't get it.

Davies worked hard yesterday, won countless headers (which is rare), and looked a much bigger threat than Baldock.

People like you should just give up on football.

I'm not going to get into a slanging match on a forum. I've played enough football at a decent level to "get" football. Also, as a paying supporter who travelled to hull (did you?) am entitled to my opinion.

He didn't chase anything, he strolled around the pitch and looked incredibly disinterested (you probably didn't notice that on the TV) and look incredibly unfit!

In the position we are in I would like to see players putting in effort. Albert and Baldock looked like they cared, Davies unfortunately did not. I want players here that care, not just picking up a pay check...

But he is the sort of rubbish on good money we will probably be stuck with.

He may well be on good money at the moment but as he was only signed last summer he'll have a relegation clause in his contract so if he does stay he won't be a crazy money in division one.

You are another example of someone who just doesn't understand football. You just don't get it.

Davies worked hard yesterday, won countless headers (which is rare), and looked a much bigger threat than Baldock.

People like you should just give up on football.

Just watched back the first 5 minutes of the game on sky plus. In that time he completely missed the ball in the air twice, and lost the header the other time it went near him.

He also gave the ball away twice, one pointless long ball that I assume Baldock was meant to chase, the other a silly back heel.

He bottled a 50-50 as well, again losing possession.

Was planning to watch the game back anyway, ill keep you updated on my findings...

What really annoyed me was that only 4 players came over to the away fans at the end and made the effort to clap us. Not even o Driscoll made a token gesture. I guess it just goes to show the contempt these overpaid tarts hold the fans in.

It really is a shame they dont have the respect to acknowledge us. I hope more than anything next season we can get a little bit more of the player-fan connection back.

I thought Davies was poor in comparison to Baldock on Friday by the simple fact that there was no quality on show Baldock's workrate was far superior. However, telling Davies to 'F O' as a result is ridiculous; he's just not that kind of player. If he's affordable next season we'd be lucky to keep him. However, if we can only keep one I just have a feeling Baldock might be more of an asset for us next season

And why was that?

Wouldn't have anything to do with lack of service would it?

Not quite true, a few times he got the ball and his touch let him down, or he didn't bother chasing a ball into the channel. I'm not gonna pretend the service is brilliant but he doesn't exactly work hard for it!

Steven Davies - tremendous talent and good finisher let down by apparent lack of athleticism and stamina - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Sam Baldock - willing runner and (possibly) a genuine threat let down by lack of strength, sloppy first touch and layoff and erratic finishing - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Jon Stead - huge effort, decent talent and once very highly rated - let down by lack of goals - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Ryan Taylor - strong, good target man with excellent layoff - let down by a hopeless lack of goals - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

When will some on here realise that professional footballers like people in every other walk of life are all made up of a mixture of strengths and weaknesses. The balance of the two largely determines how successful they are and the level at which they play. Successful teams make the most of their players' strengths and overcome their weaknesses - unsuccessful teams do the opposite.

Over the last four seasons we have all too often found ourselves more dependent on the players' weaknesses than their strengths - e.g. relying on Davies to play as target man, Taylor to score goals, Pittman to run tirelessly, Kilkenny to make tackles and Elliott to make defence-splitting passes - "that's why we're going down"

Like everyone else I hope we can find some very effective players who have been overlooked by other clubs but sadly in most cases we will find that we get no more than we pay for.

Steven Davies - tremendous talent and good finisher let down by apparent lack of athleticism and stamina - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Sam Baldock - willing runner and (possibly) a genuine threat let down by lack of strength, sloppy first touch and layoff and erratic finishing - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Jon Stead - huge effort, decent talent and once very highly rated - let down by lack of goals - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

Ryan Taylor - strong, good target man with excellent layoff - let down by a hopeless lack of goals - hence he plays for the worst team in the Championship

When will some on here realise that professional footballers like people in every other walk of life are all made up of a mixture of strengths and weaknesses. The balance of the two largely determines how successful they are and the level at which they play. Successful teams make the most of their players' strengths and overcome their weaknesses - unsuccessful teams do the opposite.

Over the last four seasons we have all too often found ourselves more dependent on the players' weaknesses than their strengths - e.g. relying on Davies to play as target man, Taylor to score goals, Pittman to run tirelessly, Kilkenny to make tackles and Elliott to make defence-splitting passes - "that's why we're going down"

Like everyone else I hope we can find some very effective players who have been overlooked by other clubs but sadly in most cases we will find that we get no more than we pay for.

Timbo - I can see you're quite new to OTIB. The fact is that we support a big club that deserves to have Lionel Messi on the bench because our strikers are superior in every way. If they're not, they deserve to be abused, not just for their lack of talent, but for their unfitness, poor personal hygeine and inadequate personalities

unpleasant habits, and poor hygeine.

What really annoyed me was that only 4 players came over to the away fans at the end and made the effort to clap us. Not even o Driscoll made a token gesture. I guess it just goes to show the contempt these overpaid tarts hold the fans in.

And the happy clappers on this forum insist we don't boo the players.

Timbo - I can see you're quite new to OTIB. The fact is that we support a big club that deserves to have Lionel Messi on the bench because our strikers are superior in every way. If they're not, they deserve to be abused, not just for their lack of talent, but for their unfitness, poor personal hygeine and inadequate personalities

unpleasant habits, and poor hygeine.

Thanks for the advice - perhaps I have inadvertently stumbled over the Official Bristol City Anti-fan's Forum?

I would have expected more from him this season than what we have got, but I rate him he is a good player. I would rather see Baldock leave than Davies. Baldock has been a huge disappointment for me!

IF we can keep him Davies will get 20-25 goals in league 1 easy.

I would have expected more from him this season than what we have got, but I rate him he is a good player. I would rather see Baldock leave than Davies. Baldock has been a huge disappointment for me!

I prefer Baldock personally. Maybe because I always prefer strikers who are pacey and can get in behind.

Baldock is still a very handy finisher like Davies.

I prefer Baldock personally. Maybe because I always prefer strikers who are pacey and can get in behind.

Baldock is still a very handy finisher like Davies.

I usually prefer that type of striker as well mate, just felt Baldock has been bang average this season and expected a lot more from him.

I usually prefer that type of striker as well mate, just felt Baldock has been bang average this season and expected a lot more from him.

He's still scored 10 goals. He got off to a good start but then injuries and being left out every other game hasn't helped him at all.

I believe give him a consistent run in the team surrounded by more creative thinking midfielders and he will score 20.

He's still scored 10 goals. He got off to a good start but then injuries and being left out every other game hasn't helped him at all.

I believe give him a consistent run in the team surrounded by more creative thinking midfielders and he will score 20.

I know mate but 10 is still a poor return considering the amount of chances he misses!

The blame lays at DMC's door, as Baldock was always going to struggle in a side with no creativity like ours.

I know mate but 10 is still a poor return considering the amount of chances he misses!

The blame lays at DMC's door, as Baldock was always going to struggle in a side with no creativity like ours.

Davies has 13.

Adomah is the only player who offers any creativity, Skuse offers nothing, Kelly isn't in the team to create, Elliot isn't either, Kilkenny is just catpiss so the strikers are up against it from day one.

Whilst Davies has scored more than Baldock, Baldocks goals have earned us more points this season.

If we can start playing a decent passing game Baldock can and will get behind the defence for those killer balls..... Davies, just does not seem to have the motor to do the same.

Whilst Davies has scored more than Baldock, Baldocks goals have earned us more points this season.

If we can start playing a decent passing game Baldock can and will get behind the defence for those killer balls..... Davies, just does not seem to have the motor to do the same.

That's quite an interesting fact actually!

Yeah he would be effective if we didn't lump it up to him as much that's for sure

He was a very poor signing by McInnes. He scores goals when other people have done the hard work.He does nothing himself and offers no threat to a defence.But he is the sort of rubbish on good money we will probably be stuck with.Whereas quality players like John Stead who works his socks off for the team will clearly be in demand.I only hope that SOD can sign good value players.I don'T think since Joe Jordan left have we had a manager who worked so shrewdly in the transfer market.In his second spell I remember signings of Shaun Taylor , Paul Agostino , Nugent and Darren Barnard.All for sensible money.

Can't believe anyone could even suggest Jon Stead is better than Davies, Davies is twice the player Jon Stead is and love the club or not I'm not bothered to see Jon Stead leave, 30 years old and hasn't been up to this level, first half of this season completely shows that I think. Ryan Taylor is a far better target man than stead even if he doesn't score, and Davies is a far better finisher, Stead doesn't really bring anything more to the team that we already have. Works his socks off yeah but not talented enough at what he does for us, lets go sign an exciting new young striker.

Archived