IGNORED

Makes Me Laugh...

Fanatic Red

Everyone saying we are going to be a big club in league 1, how exactly do you come to that conclusion? going to be hard next year IMO!

How many clubs in that division are we actually BIGGER than? and WHY? for example, Swindon Town can be deemed bigger than as, as they have played in the premier league, yet many on here believe us to be bigger.....

Interested to hear peoples views....

And no, I'm not gas.

Everyone saying we are going to be a big club in league 1, how exactly do you come to that conclusion? going to be hard next year IMO!

How many clubs in that division are we actually BIGGER than? and WHY? for example, Swindon Town can be deemed bigger than as, as they have played in the premier league, yet many on here believe us to be bigger.....

Interested to hear peoples views....

And no, I'm not gas.

Are you Swindon?!

We will be a big club on league 1....not just down to our recent history, but because our budget is much bigger than the majority in that league.

It will be hard, this is the football league we are talking about, it isn't exactly going to be a stroll....but we will be competitive and with SOD in charge should be fighting for promotion.....as ultimately, we are better than the vast majority of sides in that league.

Are you Swindon?!

No mate, I'm city, always have been always will be, just interested as to HOW and WHY some fans seem to think we're going to be a BIG CLUB in league 1 compared to the rest, what have we done to deserve this status over everyone else in that league? i just don't get it.

We will be a big club on league 1....not just down to our recent history, but because our budget is much bigger than the majority in that league.

It will be hard, this is the football league we are talking about, it isn't exactly going to be a stroll....but we will be competitive and with SOD in charge should be fighting for promotion.....as ultimately, we are better than the vast majority of sides in that league.

Don't forget we are in a rebuilding scenario. This is no "quick fix" coach we have now and it will all take time. Those expecting us to be there or thereabouts next season could be in for a rude awakening.

No mate, I'm city, always have been always will be, just interested as to HOW and WHY some fans seem to think we're going to be a BIG CLUB in league 1 compared to the rest, what have we done to deserve this status over everyone else in that league? i just don't get it.

Ever watch Sesame Street when you were younger?

Don't forget we are in a rebuilding scenario. This is no "quick fix" coach we have now and it will all take time. Those expecting us to be there or thereabouts next season could be in for a rude awakening.

Thats what they said about Donny...and they seem to be doing ok.

Same with Norwich and Saints....they went down and completely rebuilded over the summer, and both bounced straight back up before achieving another promotion.

I don't think we will do that obviously, but I see no reason why we can't be there or there abouts....especially with some good talent and a manager below his level.

We are one of the bigger clubs in League 1, but don't confuse that with our fans actually thinking we'll walk it because we think we're big.
Yes we are one of the bigger clubs and I think we're a bigger club than Swindon, but this doesn't mean we're going to win the league in any shape of form.

We have bigger and better facilities than most clubs in that league, a bigger budget and have recently spent a period in the Championship, so yes we're bigger than most of the sides.

Don't mix it with expectations.

For example, Port Vale have the same sort of history as us, if not better, have a similar size stadium and will be playing in the same league next year, are we bigger than them??

Yes .............because we will have better players..a bigger budget..a better manager...bigger attendances.. an owner with bigger pockets..bigger longterm potential...bigger history...and a Superiority Complex Even Bigger than Robbie "Bloody" Williams.....if we don't finish above Port Vale next season I will ride a kangaroo around College Green naked....(Thats me, not the kangaroo)

For example, Port Vale have the same sort of history as us, if not better, have a similar size stadium and will be playing in the same league next year, are we bigger than them??

And you were doing so well at convincing people you are a City supporter :sub:

Port vale have a similar history to us!!! Your deffinatly on a wind up!

Go on WIKIPEDIA mate... Also says 'Swindon are ranked as the all-time 47th most successful English football club domestically'

Yet many believe us to be bigger and better than both? i just don't get it..................

You seemed to tail off their at the end. Are there any other factors? Are you weighting any factor in a particular way or is it 25% each? How do you define "fan base" and "success"?

Attendances... Success in terms of over all years spent in a higher league than the rest....

Archived