IGNORED

Makes Me Laugh...

Fanatic Red

Ultimately, there are 24 clubs in this division. All of which are trying to get out in the right direction.

League One has seen teams like S****horpe <--- Ha! political correctness gone mad!, Colchester and Southend prosper in recent(ish) years - looks at Brentford and Yeovil along with teams like Orient, Walsall and Crawley finishing above 'names' like Coventry and Preston.

Don't let phrases like 'ex-Premier League', 'sleeping giant', 'big stadium', 'great fanbase' fool you. Club 'size' only matters in pubs and internet forums.

Ain't that the truth. Swindon 2 seasons running confirms that ;)

Ain't that the truth. Swindon 2 seasons running confirms that ;)

It certainly does.

For one-and-a-half-seasons, we had money.

Lost the money-man, gained an embargo, lost Ritchie, lost Di Canio, lost momentum.

We're just happy to be in the Play-Offs but the general consensus is that, for better or worse, we'd like this season to end.

It certainly does.

For one-and-a-half-seasons, we had money.

Lost the money-man, gained an embargo, lost Ritchie, lost Di Canio, lost momentum.

We're just happy to be in the Play-Offs but the general consensus is that, for better or worse, we'd like this season to end.

Got a run going. From what I hear, mojo back. Form temporary, but might be enough.

I'd hate that. Sat in polaris house full of Swindon fans

Got a run going. From what I hear, mojo back. Form temporary, but might be enough.

I'd hate that. Sat in polaris house full of Swindon fans

Ha!

We've just played two sides who had nothing to play for - They've been professional displays by Swindon but I still can't see our squad maintain a successful Play-Off push. Town are down to the bare bones as it is.

I have a 15 minute walk for Bristol City vs. Swindon Town next season and I'd happily sacrifice it...

Ha!

We've just played two sides who had nothing to play for - They've been professional displays by Swindon but I still can't see our squad maintain a successful Play-Off push. Town are down to the bare bones as it is.

I have a 15 minute walk for Bristol City vs. Swindon Town next season and I'd happily sacrifice it...

Personally I would love Swindon and Yeovil in the same league. From your point of view you need poxford and us rovers. But at least we have some interesting games if you stay down.

Personally I would love Swindon and Yeovil in the same league. From your point of view you need poxford and us rovers. But at least we have some interesting games if you stay down.

Bristol City vs. Swindon Town will be a big one for many Swindon fans and let's be honest there's a decent chunk of City's fanbase who'll look forward to it too.

You never know, you could draw Bristol Rovers in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy...

Bristol City vs. Swindon Town will be a big one for many Swindon fans and let's be honest there's a decent chunk of City's fanbase who'll look forward to it too.

You never know, you could draw Bristol Rovers in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy...

A very small chunk, I would have thought.

to be honest never ever saw you as rivals. But started working in swindon a few years back. Now see the error of my ways.

This is what people are getting confused by, I never once said that ANY club in league 1 is 'bigger' than us, i just asked, which clubs are WE bigger than? and if so, WHY? and used Swindon as an example of a club who have played in the prem, so COULD they be deemed bigger than us?

If people would actually read it properly, without spouting vile abuse all the time, then they would understand what I'm trying to say! its like trying to educate a class of school children, having to constantly repeat myself.

Wasn't even born then!!

Yet earlier in the thread you said that Port Vale were bigger than us when you CONSIDER THEIR ENTIRE HISTORY. Now you don't know we have had TWO separate spells in the top league AND an FA Cup final appearance because you weren't born then? At bet, this is inconsistent thinking.

I AM an old fart, yet even I wasn't alive in 1066 but I know that is when the battle of Hastings was, you see, it IS possible to know about things that happened before you were born, you just need to show an interest.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend other older members on here.

And yet you did, several times. I was 54 yesterday and came on here to read you say "I'd rather be a young man than an old fart". You say you wanted to start a genuine debate yet I posted TWO responses to your "Port Vale are bigger than City" claim, which challenged your logic/argument, but not you and you ignored them ( probably because I am so old and worthless there is no point talking to me).

By the way, if you are LUCKY you will be an old fart too one day, as horrible as I'm sure this sounds, it is a lot better than dying at, say, 25. You claim to be a City fan, great, but if you do know your club history, you would know that some of the old farts on here supported this team in 1982, EASILY the worst period in our history, much worse than now. You say your comments are borne out of frustration fr this crap season, yeah, I get that, no one is happy, but please stop and think. Those on here who were supporters of this team in 82 and stuck with it through thick and thin (thin and thinner actually) deserve rather more than abuse from a 'City fan' who appeared to not know we had ever played in. The top division

Ultimately, there are 24 clubs in this division. All of which are trying to get out in the right direction.

League One has seen teams like S****horpe <--- Ha! political correctness gone mad!, Colchester and Southend prosper in recent(ish) years - look at Brentford and Yeovil along with teams like Orient, Walsall and Crawley finishing above 'names' like Coventry and Preston.

Don't let phrases like 'ex-Premier League', 'sleeping giant', 'big stadium', 'great fanbase' fool you. Club 'size' only matters in pubs and internet forums.

Rich, I was reading you when you were TGSC, you have now been TFSC for quite some time. When are you going to make an honest woman of her FFS?! (And no, I'm not her Dad :D)

And yet you did, several times. I was 54 yesterday and came on here to read you say "I'd rather be a young man than an old fart". You say you wanted to start a genuine debate yet I posted TWO responses to your "Port Vale are bigger than City" claim, which challenged your logic/argument, but not you and you ignored them ( probably because I am so old and worthless there is no point talking to me).

By the way, if you are LUCKY you will be an old fart too one day, as horrible as I'm sure this sounds, it is a lot better than dying at, say, 25. You claim to be a City fan, great, but if you do know your club history, you would know that some of the old farts on here supported this team in 1982, EASILY the worst period in our history, much worse than now. You say your comments are borne out of frustration fr this crap season, yeah, I get that, no one is happy, but please stop and think. Those on here who were supporters of this team in 82 and stuck with it through thick and thin (thin and thinner actually) deserve rather more than abuse from a 'City fan' who appeared to not know we had ever played in. The top division

Fair enough mate, I'm not going over old ground, feel I've said all there is to say, but once again i apologize for any offense caused. the quote was said out of haste and i have nothing but respect for the older generation! its just a shame that a few feel the need to act like children sometimes.

Archived