IGNORED

Boothroyd's Tattoo

22A

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/jay-bothroyd-slammed-showing-off-weaponry-based-tattoo-154502525.html

QPR striker Jay Bothroyd has become the subject of criticism after revealing a bizarre new tattoo.

The former England striker showed off his new ink on Instagram (above) - a gun, a grenade, a flick-knife and a machine gun down the side of his torso.

Together, when looked at from the right angle, they spell out the word love.

The meaning, Bothroyd explained, is that "you have to fight for love.... More than anything it's artistic."

:-) Each to their own but I think tattoos are a waste of time

Agreed. Unless it is a proper tribal thing. Anything else is a naff fashion statement. Or pointless following of something that has no relevance to tattoos

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/jay-bothroyd-slammed-showing-off-weaponry-based-tattoo-154502525.html

QPR striker Jay Bothroyd has become the subject of criticism after revealing a bizarre new tattoo.

The former England striker showed off his new ink on Instagram (above) - a gun, a grenade, a flick-knife and a machine gun down the side of his torso.

Together, when looked at from the right angle, they spell out the word love.

The meaning, Bothroyd explained, is that "you have to fight for love.... More than anything it's artistic."

Pretentious Carp...... comes to mind.

Why couldn't he just spent a week in bed at the Amsterdam Hilton?

Footballer's eh, just haven't got a clue :)

I've met Jay 3 times, he's a very nice bloke. Surprisingly intelligent for one who played for the soul-selling club. He may dress like one but he isn't a chav.

General comment about my view of tattoos. Never met him, always liked him as a footballer but I hate tattoos. Too many chavs have them.

Lots of people don't share my view and that is what makes the world go as around!

Sorry to disappoint but it is.

Stamp of the chav.

Yup. Tramp stamps!

Can't stand them. As for Boothroyd - if bloke wants to get this kind of stuff tattooed well I suppose it's up to him but to 'proudly' show it to the world and not expect an uproar then he's an idiot.

Why would anyone think that a flick knife, a granade, an assult riffle an AK machine would be deemed a cool is just beyond me and goes to prove that footballers just live in another world.

I know I'm a dinosaur, but I really don't see the fasination in tattoos at the moment.

You see some and think, hmmmm, you're gonna regret that later on in life.

If I'd kidnapped you and did a tatt on you then it would be assault...... why oh why do people get tatt's?

You are not tribesmen, it is not a culture thing that your elders do........

Okay it's down to you, but even now to me it just reeks of Common & with footballer's even more Common........ no real disrespect to people with them just my personal opinion right or wrong

You may love em I DON'T.... but that's just me.

Archived