IGNORED

Bayern Munich

Brizzle Jordan

Are you taking the p###

Utd are not even close at the moment

You talked about la liga being mickey mouse Take a good look at the prem and you will find very few good teams at present and no great ones

How can you know if they are not close? Aye, would say Bayern prob edge it based on tonights performance though, I do think Loliga is crap still, you need to take into account their 2nd leage too which is ultra weak, where is the Championship *godbless* is very strong.

Anyways they play their games at night becuase its too warm or they need to sleep, plus they eat at 10-11pm, what kind of time is that to be eating? Just crazy. This kind of attitude is reflected in their football, generally lazy, manyana if they could.

That's easy to say after tonight,but Barca's record over the last few years is proof that in 90% of there games they have been far too good for the opposition.

Bayern had pace and power tonight that Barca couldn't cope with, mind you, 2 of the goals clearly should have been ruled out.

Possession has been the best formula for success in the last few years but now counter attacking football seems the best way IMO and I find it most entertaining to watch :)

Bayern, Dortmund and Madrid are all counter attacking experts.

Just proves possession means more or less bugger all.

I disagree. If you control the ball you control the game in most instances, obviously there are exceptions this being one..

Bayern are a top team though, always have been. Watch the bundesliga flourish in the next few years, whilst the prem and la liga riddle themselves with debt. I personally think te Bundesliga is better than the prem now tbh... Then theres there national team.. Wow.. The germans dont **** about, we could learn so much.

How can you know if they are not close? Aye, would say Bayern prob edge it based on tonights performance though, I do think Loliga is crap still, you need to take into account their 2nd leage too which is ultra weak, where is the Championship *godbless* is very strong.

Anyways they play their games at night becuase its too warm or they need to sleep, plus they eat at 10-11pm, what kind of time is that to be eating? Just crazy. This kind of attitude is reflected in their football, generally lazy, manyana if they could.

Anyone?

I disagree. If you control the ball you control the game in most instances, obviously there are exceptions this being one..

Bayern are a top team though, always have been. Watch the bundesliga flourish in the next few years, whilst the prem and la liga riddle themselves with debt. I personally think te Bundesliga is better than the prem now tbh... Then theres there national team.. Wow.. The germans dont **** about, we could learn so much.

I agree, the bundesliga is a great league and their national side is benefiting from it so much. A force to be reckoned with.

German football is very good. Unfortunately, because Bayern are too dominant, someone who just looks at the league will just see 1 team walking it. But what a team they are.

BVB09 have one of the best young and up and coming squads in football. Unfortunately, with Gotze going to Bayern & Lewandoski (sp) possibly following as well, Bayern will just get better and better and I feel those left at BVB will go to numerous clubs. Centre back pairing Subotic & Hummells touted by so many clubs, Bedner too along with others.

Barca are good, no denying that, but they cannot defend, as shown tonight and other times too. Too over-reliant on Messi and Iniesta.

with regards to off field football, the germans are miles ahead, as mentioned above, cheap tickets, full and big stadia, safe standing areas, and awesome Beer.

German football is very good. Unfortunately, because Bayern are too dominant, someone who just looks at the league will just see 1 team walking it. But what a team they are.

BVB09 have one of the best young and up and coming squads in football. Unfortunately, with Gotze going to Bayern & Lewandoski (sp) possibly following as well, Bayern will just get better and better and I feel those left at BVB will go to numerous clubs. Centre back pairing Subotic & Hummells touted by so many clubs, Bedner too along with others.

Barca are good, no denying that, but they cannot defend, as shown tonight and other times too. Too over-reliant on Messi and Iniesta.

with regards to off field football, the germans are miles ahead, as mentioned above, cheap tickets, full and big stadia, safe standing areas, and awesome Beer.

Couldn't agree more with that post Gambit.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bayern were to beat Barcelona to the signing of Hummels sometime in the future.

You ask me How can i know?

In post 5 you said if Barca were in the prem they would only finish 4th at a push

Same question to you

How can YOU know?

Haha! Have you been watching them for the last 5 years!

Bayern were superior tonight,great team performance.

But there are a lot of top quality teams in Spain, ( far more than the Prem) so your wrong. ;)

I have an irrational dislike for Barca and Spain generally, maybe the mistrust and dislike is passed down from generations gone, the Spain gene, where you know they are not to be trusted or some shit like that.

Possession has been the best formula for success in the last few years but now counter attacking football seems the best way IMO and I find it most entertaining to watch :)

Bayern, Dortmund and Madrid are all counter attacking experts.

Agree, all 3 are very good at it.

I still don't believe this tie is totally over though,Arsenal proved that if Bayern aren't "at it" they can collapse with the best of them.

Bayern will believe they are already in the final,but if Bayern can score 4 at home then the one team in the world who could do the same are Barcelona!.

Of course Bayern should and probably will go through,but..........!!

Agree, all 3 are very good at it.

I still don't believe this tie is totally over though,Arsenal proved that if Bayern aren't "at it" they can collapse with the best of them.

Bayern will believe they are already in the final,but if Bayern can score 4 at home then the one team in the world who could do the same are Barcelona!.

Of course Bayern should and probably will go through,but..........!!

Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid would be such a romantic final.

Arguably 2 of the most historic clubs. Hoping Mourinho's men do not let me down.

Why, did he try to bang your missus or somthing>

I don't watch Barca much but when I do he's constantly going down like he's been shot on every challenge, whining at the ref, etc. just generally being a little bitch. Barca are full of em. Hate them.

You ask me How can i know?

In post 5 you said if Barca were in the prem they would only finish 4th at a push

Same question to you

How can YOU know?

3 Spanish teams in the last 8 of the Champions league this season,not one English team into the last 8.

But Barcelona not good enough for the Prem top 4, classic!!

this barca side have had there time.apart from madrid in the 60s nobody has dominated for more than 3 or 4 years.

most of the players in there team have won everything twice over!

this bayern side look really strong,but i fancy madrid to make the final,and they will certainly cause munich more problems.

if thats the final i wouldnt like to call it.and if manu had got their,well they would do either of them 4,or 5 nil!

3 Spanish teams in the last 8 of the Champions league this season,not one English team into the last 8.

But Barcelona not good enough for the Prem top 4, classic!!

Aye ok Malt, none of us could ever know, but we can hypothesize. There are too many varaiables, Barca away games would be a nightmare, and the regular Prem teams would give them no quater, come december Barca team would be decimated with injurys and tiredness from traveling. I think 4th would be their position, ManU, Man City, Chelsea would beat them.

Time to take hide those Barca shirts and calendars (on sale in the Galleries last time I could bear to go there, I noted) all you plastics.

Run up some fake BM replica shirts and dap down the Galleries tomorrow, Robbo. This could be your chance to be up there with our Steve!

Aye ok Malt, none of us could ever know, but we can hypothesize. There are too many varaiables, Barca away games would be a nightmare, and the regular Prem teams would give them no quater, come december Barca team would be decimated with injurys and tiredness from traveling. I think 4th would be their position, ManU, Man City, Chelsea would beat them.

Are you serious or do you smoke a load of crack before you post on here? Man city are shit compared to the top teams in Europe, as shown by their comical performance in the CL against teams of real quality. Man U are the only team in England that can hope to compete with the best in Europe as they are the only one with a sustainable philosophy, man city just buy players for the sake of it, what other decent European side would pay a shedload of money for jack rodwell? Chelsea are the same to a large degree, Arsenal can compete but are on a downward slide at the moment.

I don't get this idea that barca wouldn't like playing teams away like the shit the premiership has to offer, considering Madrid are as physical as any side in the prem, and they can batter them, I don't think the might of Wigan or stoke would pose much of a threat.

The premiership is well behind both the German and Spanish leagues at the moment, the Italian league is beginning something of a resurgence as well, and that's ignoring the money being poured into PSG and Galatasary and other clubs dotted around Europe.

For me there could well be a dominance of the German teams for a steady period as their financial model is the most stable of all the top leagues as it is built upon what the clubs can make, the money Bayern bring in through merchandising and world wide memberships is frankly astonishing, their income from that absolutely dwarfs everyone else's, and that model is being followed by other German clubs, who although behind will begin to make enough money to challenge as the best in Europe without billion pound tv deals, which can't keep increasing for ever.

Not being funny, but Barca are overrated, they play in a micky mouse league where there are 2 team, they can afford to rest players for Champions league, same as Rangers and Celtic do. This is why there are no Eng teams left in CL, our legue is too competitive.

Bayern are just better in every department, well organized, take nothing from them, but Barca dont have the players for a hard slog against decent teams week in week out.

Put Barca in the Prem and 4th would be a push.

You've got to be joking. Barcelona would piss over anyone in the Prem, and have done on several occasions.

The Spanish teams should get stronger overall as they have reached an agreement in the courts to share television revenue more equally where as before Barca and Real took the main share. A reason why some compare it to the old Scottish league with two teams consistently dominating.

I thought the groundsman played a blinder tonight. He stopped Barcelona single handed from playing there natural passing game. Great tactics. I can't wait to see what the Barcelona groundsman tactics will be.

I think Barcelona gave up after the third goal went in.

I thought the groundsman played a blinder tonight. He stopped Barcelona single handed from playing there natural passing game. Great tactics. I can't wait to see what the Barcelona groundsman tactics will be.

I think Barcelona gave up after the third goal went in.

It was bizarre the amount of water lying on that pitch.Especially early in the game.

I can't believe UEFA allowed that much watering by the groundsman, clever by the Germans though.

Archived