IGNORED

Crewe Alexandra

BCFC101

They've just confirmed on Twitter that their manager will put out a team consisting of 11 academy players for their last game of the season.

Would people be happy if So'D did the same against Charlton?

I remember him saying we would get severely beat if we did that, knowing us we would probably win.

I remember him saying we would get severely beat if we did that, knowing us we would probably win.

I remember Chelsea doing that when the FL, bless 'em, made them play Wolves, who had already been crowned champions, on the Wednesday before the Cup Final.

The FL were all ready to impose a whacking fine and Chelsea prepared reluctantly to pay it. In the event, Chelsea won 6-0 and a young lad called Greaves got a hat-trick.

Knowing the strength of Crewe's academy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do the same. I rather doubt that ours would :(

They've just confirmed on Twitter that their manager will put out a team consisting of 11 academy players for their last game of the season.

11 academy players? In the same team? Pahahahaha thats more than weve produced in the whole time the academy has been running!!! What we need to do is mirror crewes academy and learn how its done.

Don't Managers and/or clubs get fined for "fielding a weakened team"? If Crewe's opponents are fighting to go up or stay up, it'll give that team an advantage over their rivals.

Neither Crewe or Walsall have anything to play for so I suppose it's alright.

Don't Managers and/or clubs get fined for "fielding a weakened team"? If Crewe's opponents are fighting to go up or stay up, it'll give that team an advantage over their rivals.

That's the real reason for our £40M debts then.

To be fair to Crewe they usually have several academy players in their squad. I wouldn't mind us playing some youth but alongside some experience.

**** me. How old are you ?

:D

Jimmy Greaves was my Dad's hero - best goalscorer he ever did see apparently

My Dad would've been 73 this year, can see that he was 4 months younger than the man himself.....that'll give you a clue as to Aizoon's age (sorry Aizoon!)

PS - fair shout to Crewe. Got a hell of a lot of time for that football club

I think it's a great idea for any club not battling for promotion/from relegation.

Gives the fans a good look at academy products, as well as the management etc...

The kids will be eager to make an impression and step it up.

:D

Jimmy Greaves was my Dad's hero - best goalscorer he ever did see apparently

My Dad would've been 73 this year, can see that he was 4 months younger than the man himself.....that'll give you a clue as to Aizoon's age (sorry Aizoon!)

PS - fair shout to Crewe. Got a hell of a lot of time for that football club

Just to avoid confusion, I'm six years younger than Greavsie. He wouldn't have been a success here, though. He was the idlest sod I ever saw :(

He just scored goals - lots of them!

Just to avoid confusion, I'm six years younger than Greavsie. He wouldn't have been a success here, though. He was the idlest sod I ever saw :(

He just scored goals - lots of them!

Exactly what my Dad said, done nothing but score.....that'll do for me!

Exactly what my Dad said, done nothing but score.....that'll do for me!

FA cup 5th round at WHL in 1967 before 54,000 (still biggest crowd I've ever stood in) Greaves did nothing - absolutely nothing - except score the two goals that put us out.

He was my hero as well - posters of him on the wall back in the day. And through circumstance I got to meet him socially on several occasions after he'd finished playing which was a dream come true for me. Best finisher ever, bar none.

And they say never meet your heroes! I met Ian Botham once, he was pretty damn rude and Glenn Hoddle is a fruitcake, may not bother!

Bournemouth apparently.

:laugh:

It would also depend a bit on Saturday's results. Crewe are playing a pretty meaningless game. It's possible we'll be playing a Charlton side who could reach the play offs - if that's the case then I dont think Forest/Leicester/Bolton would be too impressed.

No chance of play offs

Its a meaningless game in every sense

Archived