IGNORED

Cunningham Interview On Player

pigeon

I thought he'd be one of the first ones out the door but his comments look as if he is happy to stay with us in league 1. Would be over the moon if we could keep hold of him.

“Everyone needs to go away in the summer, clear our heads and get ready for the challenge of League One.”

“I haven’t had any talks about my future; I’ve got three years left on my contract, which says it all.”

I thought he'd be one of the first ones out the door but his comments look as if he is happy to stay with us in league 1. Would be over the moon if we could keep hold of him.

“Everyone needs to go away in the summer, clear our heads and get ready for the challenge of League One.”

“I haven’t had any talks about my future; I’ve got three years left on my contract, which says it all.”

Fantastic news if he stays with us.

He would easily be the best left back in the division IMO.

Stay with us Greg!

If its true that his contract can be excluded from the SCMP expenditure calculations then we have no need to let him go except for the contribution his transfer fee would make to turnover - i.e. his departure would not free any wages to be spent elsewhere but would increase the overall salary budget by 60% of any fee received.

This being the case (and given his quality and length of contract) we are able to hold out for a very good fee.

I am glad to hear he seems committed to the cause.

Let's wait and see, a decent offer for him and less interest than we'd like for others and we may well need the fee to make other changes.

Lots will happen between the retained list coming out in a week or so and our first League One game on August 3rd.

HI mate, sorry I am still a bit confused about some of the finer points of FFP. Can you explain why his salary won't affect the FFP calculations. Thanks.

we basically get a yrs grace on anyone brought in the summer before this season started on long term contracts.

as we know alot can happen in a year and its in place just to help clubs make the trasition.

He's the best left back we've had since Mickey Bell, I really do hope he stays. If he does go, I hope we get a really big fee for him, £1.5m would be the minimum IMHO.

Agreed.

Without doubt the best left back I have seen since Mickey. I would love him to stay, but the boy is class and way too good for league one. I hope we can hold onto him but I doubt it.

Agreed.

Without doubt the best left back I have seen since Mickey. I would love him to stay, but the boy is class and way too good for league one. I hope we can hold onto him but I doubt it.

You might be surprised mate, I think due to his age and contract he's not going to be desperate to miss out on 1 season in League One.

You might be surprised mate, I think due to his age and contract he's not going to be desperate to miss out on 1 season in League One.

Hope your right fella.

We certainly could keep him financially as he won't be a big earner as such, I guess it just depends on Greg. I do agree with what you say though and would like to think he will give the club and SoD the benefit of the doubt and try bounce back at the first attempt.

At the end of the day, if we get a good offer for him he'll bs gone; we'll need the cash and we shouldn't stand in his way. Hopefully that offer won't come, but I'd be suprised

If Bryan comes back and carries his Plymuff form into next season, that would be a formidable left hand side

At the end of the day, if we get a good offer for him he'll bs gone; we'll need the cash and we shouldn't stand in his way. Hopefully that offer won't come, but I'd be suprised

If Bryan comes back and carries his Plymuff form into next season, that would be a formidable left hand side

That is what I would love to see. Greg LB and Bryan LW!

Yeah that would very exciting.

Do you think SOD rates Bryan?

He said yesterday that Bryan was more developed physically than the others. I think he will have a good look at him over the summer and go from there. Hard to say if he rates him I guess, but if Bryan has improved as much as it appears he has at Plymouth, then I think he will be heavily involved next season either way.

He said yesterday that Bryan was more developed physically than the others. I think he will have a good look at him over the summer and go from there. Hard to say if he rates him I guess, but if Bryan has improved as much as it appears he has at Plymouth, then I think he will be heavily involved next season either way.

The only players I am bothered about us keeping hold of are Heaton, Greg, Maloney, Bryan and Baldock. If we have all of those in our starting 11 for the first game of the new season I will be very happy.

The only players I am bothered about us keeping hold of are Heaton, Greg, Maloney, Bryan and Baldock. If we have all of those in our starting 11 for the first game of the new season I will be very happy.

I wouldn't mind adding Anderson and Kelly to that! But if we can keep those mentioned it would give us a very solid base to build from! I just want next season to hurry up and start! Already eager to see what comings and goings there will be.

You forget Reid, burns and krans

I don't think we will see much of Krans and Reid next season. SoD said Reid requires working with a bit more, and considering Krans hasn't been involved at all I would be surprised to see him thrown in. I would Imagine Burns will be one of four strikers for next season though.

I wouldn't mind adding Anderson and Kelly to that! But if we can keep those mentioned it would give us a very solid base to build from! I just want next season to hurry up and start! Already eager to see what comings and goings there will be.

I know right, it's annoying.

I want to see our new squad and fixture list :( I am excited though.

I can see adomah going and Anderson playing on the right with Bryan on the left. Burns will be more predominant but he will effectively be a sub replacement for either wing or up front. Taylor and baldock will be partners up front which I think will compliment each other.

Your probably right about Reid but I still see him as a good sub option in that league and he can kick on from there. If he is to get any good, we need to blood him in now. He's probably a better passer of the ball than Elliot or skuse, he just needs to bulk up

I can see adomah going and Anderson playing on the right with Bryan on the left. Burns will be more predominant but he will effectively be a sub replacement for either wing or up front. Taylor and baldock will be partners up front which I think will compliment each other.

Your probably right about Reid but I still see him as a good sub option in that league and he can kick on from there. If he is to get any good, we need to blood him in now. He's probably a better passer of the ball than Elliot or skuse, he just needs to bulk up

Certainly wouldn't mind Anderson on the right and Bryan on the left. I think your right about Burns I can see him being used as a winger at times. That's a good shout. If we had Taylor and Baldock up front on the first day I would be pleased with that.

We've always had decent full backs at the club..

Scott, Bell, Macca and now Cunningham. I hope he stays and I would personally make him captain, him or Heaton would be my choice IMO.

Don't forget Matty Hill, very popular with the fans and always gets a good reception whenever he comes back to AG

Archived