IGNORED

Cunningham Interview On Player

pigeon

We've always had decent full backs at the club..

Scott, Bell, Macca and now Cunningham. I hope he stays and I would personally make him captain, him or Heaton would be my choice IMO.

I'm assuming he meant left backs but Gerard Lavin was a great right back....or not!!

Thought he meant either side of the pitch.

You will need to forget he idea of having wingers, I do not think it is what you will have in future. You will have a midfield group that exchange positions, and are as happy defending as attacking, and certainly not classically hugging the line. The game has changed, look how he played Albert for example. Equally, on a number of occasions we will play one up front, more likely to be a Stead type player (I think from comments, SOD would love to find a way to keep Stead at AG). Burns as well, SOD was not happy when he was used as a winger on loan, he wants players that can play in the centre. I agree that Anderson and Bryan will feature, both young and good footballers, will great to see how SOD transforms them, and I am sure he will. Fascinating times for us, and finally we have a plan and approach that can take us forward in a manner we have never done.

It does look as though once SoD implements his own style we won't be a traditional 4-4-2 side with flying wingers, like we were say under Danny Wilson.

I do think it will all depend on what he has to work with though. As you say though, very interesting times ahead.

Archived