IGNORED

Jon Stead

Brislingwood Red

Good thing is well get money out of selling Albert and Davies as well as Fontaine and foster which would provide good funds to strengthen. Add that to freed up wages from people leaving and being sold, SOD will have a good budget to work with. That's even before SL gives him a little money to spend

Heard yesterday that he's been getting quotes from a removal firm for moving gear to Sheffield.

Au revoir Mr. "cares for the club" Stead.

Could it be that he's a real professional who cares for the club wherever he plays? Just asking, like.

Whether he stays or goes, his commitment to the club in the time that he has been here has been exemplary.

If the rest of the squad had shown the same commitment we would not be hopelessly adrift at the bottom of the table.

Hope he stays if the deal is right financially for the club - if the plan is to bring younger, hungrier players in, you need a model professional like Jon about the place.

If he goes I'll wish him all the best and hope he has a decent end to his career, wherever it may be.

Whether he stays or goes, his commitment to the club in the time that he has been here has been exemplary.

If the rest of the squad had shown the same commitment we would not be hopelessly adrift at the bottom of the table.

Hope he stays if the deal is right financially for the club - if the plan is to bring younger, hungrier players in, you need a model professional like Jon about the place.

If he goes I'll wish him all the best and hope he has a decent end to his career, wherever it may be.

Excellent post, I agree 100%.

Well said.

I hope that a deal with Stead can be sorted out for the reasons you mention. Two things might persuade Stead to think about staying is the fact that O'Driscoll rates him very highly both on and off the pitch. The other is the fact that hopefully his family have settled in the area and won't fancy moving yet again. Several players have settled around Bristol - Jamie McAllister to name just one.

Stead deserves to go. In a good way

He's put in a shift here and I wouldn't begrudge him a move this summer

Agreed, has appeared to be a model pro, and has battled despite being played up front on his own, even when obviously far from match fit at times. Had we had 11 on the pitch with John Stead's attitude and application we would be a Championship club in 2013/14.

Good thing is well get money out of selling Albert and Davies as well as Fontaine and foster which would provide good funds to strengthen. Add that to freed up wages from people leaving and being sold, SOD will have a good budget to work with. That's even before SL gives him a little money to spend

We won't get owt for Foster. Have to pay the council to collect him as scrap probably. Can't see many waving their chequebooks at Fonts either. We're lumbered with him.

Sadly though, I think Stead will have to depart for the sake of his career as well as our cash flow.

Yesterday showed just how useful he is in our side. Got involved in everything from the word go and made the ball stick in their half.

It seems to me that some players like Jon, Louis and Albert care about the shirt and the fans, regardless of which club they're playing for. It's a matter of self-respect for them. They're the players who'll play on through an injury and who'll be pleased to meet the fans and help out at the local hospital. A prime example was Carl Shutt, who was loved by fans at Bradford, Leeds and City, despite only a moderate talent.

Other players, possibly with more ability, will turn up when and if they feel like it. If the Moon's in Aquarius, or the feng shui is wrong, or the new Maserati is playing up, they can't be ar$ed.

It seems to me that, as time goes by, there are fewer and fewer of the former and more and more of the latter. Maybe it's to do with being New Men, and being above macho virtues like loyalty to the team. Maybe it's just that they're overpaid tossers, though...

I realise that this is a national, and probably international, trend but, by the Great Hedgehog, do we not have a bad case of it?

Archived