IGNORED

Whats A Fair Price For Next Season

welldonejames

the board are meeting in next couple of weeks to discuss s/t prices. Firstly i feel we should all have an apology for the absolute dross we have had to stomach this season, secondly be rewarded for constantly turning up only to be humiliated time and time again by the away support / teams, i feel a 20% reduction across the board would be fair and also throw in a couple of cup games free to compensate us s/t holders for the times they hand out £10 adult tickets

views ?????

the board are meeting in next couple of weeks to discuss s/t prices. Firstly i feel we should all have an apology for the absolute dross we have had to stomach this season, secondly be rewarded for constantly turning up only to be humiliated time and time again by the away support / teams, i feel a 20% reduction across the board would be fair and also throw in a couple of cup games free to compensate us s/t holders for the times they hand out £10 adult tickets

views ?????

I went down to watch Newport County earlier and their ST's for next season are £340!

I can't really see the board reducing the price of a ticket in the Eastend as it is pretty good value as it is(if we had entertaining football to watch that is) . I couldn't argue if they held the price but I would be pretty narked if they put it up. As someone has suggested maybe as a sweetener they could reduce ticket prices for ALL cup games no matter what round it is as a show of loyalty for season ticket holders.

I paid £395 I think on an early bird again for the dolman (ST for 20 odd years or so and supported for 36 yrs - aged 42!)

A few mates have said they may not renew depending on the cost. I would say £305 for the same seat will keep alot of Dolman'ers but I dont think they will drop that low. I would guess a £325 early bird would still be tempting for those in 2 minds. Anything above that, then I think we will lose at least 1500 season tickets in that stand. Dont forget an early bird ST is always lower so they can set the normal ST cost at say £355. I would expect £325 to be the starting cost for blocks A,B,F,G - C,D and E always about £30 notes more.

It will be interesting. Personally, I would advise the board to consider £305's to keep as many ST's as possible - prob wont happen !

thats rickydoodalus are they staying in conf or av they been promoted and r u buying one might join u :D

They are off to Wembley for the play-off final next week so might be playing the Gas next season? Frankie Artus was on the subs bench for Grimsby but didn't get on - was highly rated in our academy not long ago...

I'm welsh but City are my team and always will be...long story.

They are off to Wembley for the play-off final next week so might be playing the Gas next season? Frankie Artus was on the subs bench for Grimsby but didn't get on - was highly rated in our academy not long ago...

I'm welsh but City are my team and always will be...long story.

And its an all Welsh final so one more Welsh team will be joining the English league next season. I hope Newport beat Wrexham.

Fair price for next season? Well, I don't expect them to pay us much to watch them...

I asked my old man one night when we had a good old father and son chat "why dont you go and watch City anymore" he replied "look son they dont come and see me when Im bad" :blink:

Nuff said 2 and 6 I reckon.

It would be interesting to compare it to ST prices at other League 1 clubs.

Nobody commenting about reductions have any clue as to the 'going rate' and again are posting figures and percentages out of thin air.

I paid £400 and probably wouldn't mind paying the same again. The club are in need of every penny with FFP on the horizon, it would be nice if they added JPT games and early cup games as a reward, though.

Next season is Crucial, they have to do something drastic to get people through the gate.

I would like to see some imagination from our commercial dept, a price that means 10k will renew or take up, even £300 for a seat in the dolman next year does not seem that attractive.

Nobody commenting about reductions have any clue as to the 'going rate' and again are posting figures and percentages out of thin air.

I paid £400 and probably wouldn't mind paying the same again. The club are in need of every penny with FFP on the horizon, it would be nice if they added JPT games and early cup games as a reward, though.

Now see, if you paid £400 for your season ticket that's about £17 ish a game, POTD should be no more than £20 I reckon, you save £60 over a season which equates to nearly 4 games.

That is what I am hoping they do, but I can see them sticking it to the fans again and having this ridiculous phased pricing scheme starting around £20, and approx £25 on the day, one price please City, you are killing the demand.

100% AGREE .....................just the same as nobody will know how things will go under "our manager" next season unless you predict results from thin air of course not based on current stats.

They can voice a opinion on a general percentage increase and or decrease though.

I like the slanty "again" to put your point across though Jordan, very classy :D

PS : Read the post I said I agree 100%.

What ever price they charge will have a direct effect on the clubs budget in light of FFP etc. If the club reduces the price ,then they get LESS money. That affects what they can SPEND and pay on WAGES. As there is to be a clear out and rebuild in the close season , I 'm sure plenty of people on here want to see a decent standard of footballer coming into the club. Less money in ,Less chance of that happening. There will , no doubt, be alot of people who don't renew their ST any way. Again,that will also have a financial impact. You can't have it both ways.

My season ticket for 2006-07, the last League One campaign was £325, this year for the same seat it was £399, so I'll be looking for it to go down to around £375 for next season. With the current, clueless chaps we've got running the club, I really wouldn't be surprised if they actually put the prices up.

I'm debating very strongly about it, things are changing for me personally in September so I'd like to see how the dust settles on that.

First time ever, that I've been living in Bristol at the start of the season, has this been a question.

Certainly will be keeping my eye on prices. I reckon an average price of £340 (given inflation+prices last time we were at that level) should be the maximum. Plus, don't think the EE should change.

This call will speak volumes for the club, so expect dissapointingly high prices.

I paid £395 I think on an early bird again for the dolman (ST for 20 odd years or so and supported for 36 yrs - aged 42!)

A few mates have said they may not renew depending on the cost. I would say £305 for the same seat will keep alot of Dolman'ers but I dont think they will drop that low. I would guess a £325 early bird would still be tempting for those in 2 minds. Anything above that, then I think we will lose at least 1500 season tickets in that stand. Dont forget an early bird ST is always lower so they can set the normal ST cost at say £355. I would expect £325 to be the starting cost for blocks A,B,F,G - C,D and E always about £30 notes more.

It will be interesting. Personally, I would advise the board to consider £305's to keep as many ST's as possible - prob wont happen !

There were no early bird prices last year.

Dolman ST was £399 (except middle blocks), if they reduce it to £305 that represents around 25% discount. Never going to happen.

The club should give ST holders free entry to cup games tough , after all , it's only 3 games.

Some season ticket prices for next season:

Preston North End

Main Stand - Early Bird £350 Standard Price £368 POD £22

Kop Stand - £300 £315 POD £20

Tranmere Rovers

Main Stand - Early Bird £328 Standard Price £389.50 POD £20.50

Kop Stand - £280 £332.50 POD £17.50

Hopefully ours will match these...

Now see, if you paid £400 for your season ticket that's about £17 ish a game, POTD should be no more than £20 I reckon, you save £60 over a season which equates to nearly 4 games.

That is what I am hoping they do, but I can see them sticking it to the fans again and having this ridiculous phased pricing scheme starting around £20, and approx £25 on the day, one price please City, you are killing the demand.

No , it equates to 3 games.

On the rock n roll at the mo, so simply cant afford an ST...they SHOULD reduce prices to ensure more people turn up now we're relegated, but somehow I suspect prices will be going up, to try and reduce the 41 mill debt mountain range.

Will be POTD unfortunately, and if they prices take the piss, they can shove it....bad enough that Bayern Munich & Borussia Dortmund tickets are as cheap as ours (and they are likely to be Champions League Finalists, plying attractive football) but playing in League 1 too boot.....lets hope the quality of the squad improves as well...face it, its not got much to do to do so has it..

Some season ticket prices for next season:

Preston North End

Main Stand - Early Bird £350 Standard Price £368 POD £22

Kop Stand - £300 £315 POD £20

Tranmere Rovers

Main Stand - Early Bird £328 Standard Price £389.50 POD £20.50

Kop Stand - £280 £332.50 POD £17.50

Hopefully ours will match these...

Any of those POTD prices would see me down there more often.

Archived