IGNORED

Whats A Fair Price For Next Season

welldonejames

The players wages will be going down by a good percentage I would think.

So the tickets should come down by a similar percentage IMO.

And I'd like to see it simplified with a flat price with no categories for POTD - doesn't make sense in the third division.

+1

I think a 'fair' price would be about £100, but that's because I think football is to expensive in general, maybe players could all be paid a sensible wage to make it possible...

But anyway, back to reality. I can't really see the prices coming down, I think they'll be the same as last year but maybe with a few extra benefits chucked in, The problem is we really need the income especially with the FPP. I guess it would be nice to slash prices and fill the stadium, but even if they were halved do we think that would work? Attractive football and results is what is going to get people in again so lets hope for that. I'll be renewing regardless.

I mentioned on another thread that rumours on sat were a 5% reduction. This is being taken to the fans parliment this week and I would urge them to request at least a 10% reduction.

Also on another thread the price of POTD was discussed, I think its extremly important for City to get this right. To do away with the phases as I know a number of people that are not renewing but want to choose their matches.

The club needs to make sure that POTD is affordable or they could lose these supporters forever.

I often think that a lot of good ideas come out of threads like this one.

It will be interesting to see how next season is tackled.

It’s about adding value and exclusivity for me. There should of course be incentives for those that sign up early – that loyalty needs rewarding. That said, it shouldn’t mean that anyone who buys a season ticket after the ‘early bird’ time period should receive a second rate package.

I also think ‘old school’ methods should be looked at to equally reward those fans that turn up on the day. Get a card at the start of the season, get it stamped when you buy your ticket, then once you hit 10 games you get access to x,y,z or a free x,y,z is just one idea.

There’s so much that could be done from having a pre-season friendly that is only open to season ticket holders who renew early to partnering up with as many business and attractions as possible to make the list of benefits, endless.

Overall, I think we have to look outside of the football world and provide a package that no only let’s season ticket holders buy their seat but more to the point, let’s us effectively buy a membership to the club for the year.

Obviously, the Bundesliga is the envy of a lot of fans. The model in Germany is just spot on. Every match is a major event in and around the ground and the atmosphere is so good. Most of all it is accessible to all. This is a good read: http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130425/what-premier-league-can-learn-bundesliga-196385?utm_source=talkSPORT.co.uk&utm_campaign=e6be0ca8ef-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_source=talkSPORT.co.uk&utm_campaign=e6be0ca8ef-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email

This is another great read: http://adage.com/article/news/nfl-launch-airline-style-perks-season-ticket-holders/240998/

Watch the board shoot themselves in the foot.

They either won't bring down ticket prices at all or reduce them sufficiently.

Fans ain't gonna stand for it ....oh sorry, I forgot they're not allowed to stand.

Fans will voice their displeasure........oh sorry, I forgot they're not allowed to shout or say anything negative.

Fans will vote with their feet; the Gate will seem like a morgue...oh sorry, it's been like that all season.

Pass me a cucumber sandwich and a glass of Pims old chap....sadly, that's the future of football. It's lost it old working class roots and it's soul.

I'd be very concerned if I was them.

Taking a straw poll of those around me in the Dolman on Saturday, real diehards are seriously thinking about calling it a day. My row in Block C has gone from all the same familiar faces to just a few regulars in the last 3 years.

I also overheard a conversation on the walk out of the ground from a guy I've seen going for absolutely years saying he doubts that he'll be back next season.

I think a significant gesture for the STs, say £40-£50 off in the Dolman for full price payers is in order, plus a drastic reduction in the ridiculous current POTD prices.

yes there has to be some incentives for renewing -- but they could also look to the longer term and show a bit of imagination to the more loyal supporters -- irrespective of the prices there could be a reduction 5% for five years continuous renewals, 10% for 10 etc -- or something similar. If they do this then they are more likely to keep loyal fans and build up that fan base!

Isn't the size of our wage bill to some extent dependent on the level of ticket income? So a cut in prices might* reduce our total income, hence our available wages, hence the money for players...

Anyway, think it's all been modelled and decided already, as SO'D clearly has a financial envelope that he's working with.

*And yes, I know all about price elasticity of demand

I would like to see a 5 year season ticket, didn't Cardiff do something similar when they went into their new stadium?

But as to this years prices we all want a reduction, then we all complain that we can't get certain players because of our wage structure that reflects gate receipts.

Also offer sensible bonuses not by 19 burgers get ine free. Give out free caps or sensible reductions on shirts like half price. But then once again we are back to not earning enough income to pay for players.

All a bit of a double ended sword

I would like to see a 5 year season ticket, didn't Cardiff do something similar when they went into their new stadium?

But as to this years prices we all want a reduction, then we all complain that we can't get certain players because of our wage structure that reflects gate receipts.

Also offer sensible bonuses not by 19 burgers get ine free. Give out free caps or sensible reductions on shirts like half price. But then once again we are back to not earning enough income to pay for players.

I understand what you're saying, but surely it's better to reduce prices to a sensible level and attract more people to renew than it is to not and lose 2-3000 season ticket holders thus drastically reducing match day income? Now is a time for the club to take stock and think long and hard that supporters must not be taken for granted, if they don't then I can seriously see average Gates hitting a 12-13 year low, and then the turnover and playing budget will be hit substantially.

Double edged sword , surely?

I'd be very concerned if I was them.

Taking a straw poll of those around me in the Dolman on Saturday, real diehards are seriously thinking about calling it a day. My row in Block C has gone from all the same familiar faces to just a few regulars in the last 3 years.

I also overheard a conversation on the walk out of the ground from a guy I've seen going for absolutely years saying he doubts that he'll be back next season.

I think a significant gesture for the STs, say £40-£50 off in the Dolman for full price payers is in order, plus a drastic reduction in the ridiculous current POTD prices.

I think that will vary around the ground - just about everybody around where I sit was "See you in August..."

Ideally I'd like the club to set season tickets at 15 per game (7.50 concessions) and potd at 20 (10 concessions). 345/170 for a season ticket sounds decent enough value to me.

Nice in theory, except that does not allow for variation for the different areas of the ground (EE the same as middle of Dolman?) and is SIGNIFICANTLY higher for U16's....

Personally, I think they will go for a % off across the board - but I doubt if it will be more than 10% off of this year's ST prices. They will try to strike the right balance to maximise overall revenue (and thus the playing budget in L1 FFP terms)

Ideally I'd like the club to set season tickets at 15 per game (7.50 concessions) and potd at 20 (10 concessions). 345/170 for a season ticket sounds decent enough value to me.

This I like very much, as Dolman B ST holder this seems very fair & very easy to maintain. I am considering whether to bother next year, with this sort of pricing I would defo renew.

My concern is this fans parliment.. who are they? I don't want the club to offer 5% reduction the fans parliment to accept it on our behalf & for the club to say 'after consulting with the the fans' they were happy to accept.. etc.

As representatives of us the fans I feel they should courting our opinion?

But will something be done about the advance/potd differential? I reckon that'll be crucial next season, so they probably won't :(

surely. who is really going to think to themselves "man, regardless of weather, i'd love to see some subpar league one football in 3 weeks time, i'll book now!"

maybe this year for bigger games there was an argument for it, but next year it would be kinda senseless unless the team starts doing well

surely. who is really going to think to themselves "man, regardless of weather, i'd love to see some subpar league one football in 3 weeks time, i'll book now!"

maybe this year for bigger games there was an argument for it, but next year it would be kinda senseless unless the team starts doing well

If they're doing well enough to sell out, people will book in advance to be sure of tickets.

I booked in advance for Wendy, because I thought it would be our last heroic effort. It didn't occur to me that we migh thave given it up before then. I did go, but I'm certain that quite a few people binned their advance tickets and went somewhere to enjoy themselves. I believe there was an exhibition of drying paint in the Arnolfini that day :noexp:

our home gate average is 13290 according to the stats the championship overall average is 17100

based on 9000 s/t holders roughly average cost approx £350 = £15.21 per game

league 1 average gates are 6766 with only 3 teams in double figures sheff utd coventry and pompey (r.i.p)

sheff utd came out best for a matchday pay on the day experience where £17.20p will get you a ticket/programme/a pie and a cup of tea,whereas at swindon it would cost you £27.30

season 2012/2103 prices

coventry standard zone £299 = £13 per game

bournemouth about £170 average £7.39 per game

swindle £350 £15.21 per game

yeovil £320 £13.91

so dont look like im getting much change from my £400 in the dolman anyone fancy saturdays in bournmouth !

Anything more than £20 POTD for division 1 football is a p$ss-take IMO. I don't understand why anyone would be prepared to pay the same (and even less so to pay more) to watch div 1 football as they would the NP league?

Fair play to you posters who feel somehow 'obliged' to prop up the club's wage bill potential from your pockets - but personally I don't.

Dynamic pricing didnt work this season - the categories were arbitrary, the prices for POTD were too high, and it was just all too messy. £18 adult / £10 kid all games POTD right up to kick-off. There, that was easy. S/T's offer 20% reduction against POTD prices. That was easy too!

Archived