IGNORED

Which One Player Would You Keep?

InCider

I've never seen a keeper beaten across his body more than Heaton. Very overrated in my opinion. Crap defence in front of him I know but his positioning is poor. If we can keep anybody it has to be Cunningham 1st choice then Stead. I would make either of those captain on the pitch.

posters saying pearson will be gone, not a chance, hes on contract till 2014 and hes pants, nobody in the right frame of mind will make an offer, surely :dunno:

If i were SOD then i would make sure i retained the services of

out of contract players in the summer - Heaton

tell clubs to do one, if they make offer

maloney, cunningham, baldock, anderson, kelly,

100% Keep- Heaton, Maloney, Cunningham, Kelly, Baldock, Davies, Anderson and O'Driscoll!

would be happy if he stayed- Fontaine, Elliott, Stead, Kilkenny & Nyatanga and Bates

Get rid- Gerken, Taylor, Foster,Carey, Albert (Do with some cash!), Skuse, Pearson, Wilson

You'd be happy if Fontaine and Nyatanga stayed? Do we need some new groundsmen or something?

Cunningham, Baldock, Heaton, Anderson, Davies, Kelly. In that order.

Sell Albert as he is our only player worth any money. You could argue Cunningham would be as well but I think he is more valuable than the £750K or so we would get for him. So unless a ridiculous offer comes in then we have to keep him. Hard to find good left backs...

Cunningham, Baldock, Heaton, Anderson, Davies, Kelly. In that order.

Sell Albert as he is our only player worth any money. You could argue Cunningham would be as well but I think he is more valuable than the £750K or so we would get for him. So unless a ridiculous offer comes in then we have to keep him. Hard to find good left backs...

If we get offered 750k+ for Cunningham I should think he'd go.That's a big fee for an otherwise third division defender.

Firstly he'd want to go and there's little point keeping an unhappy player, secondly we could adequately replace him for L1 purposes for far less.

I'd like to keep Cunningham but I reckon any sizeable, fair offers for any of our players are unlikely to be turned down.

I very much doubt we'll fight to keep Baldock and Davies, questionable that we need both anyway (in fact whether we ever needed both) as they can't play effectively together, and these are the sort of players we have be looking at to get our money back on in order to finance the new team.

Don't forget none of these 3 signed for City with the intention of playing L1 football, their only history with City is an unhappy one, and all would no doubt be very amenable to any move that keeps them in the Championship.

I suspect Cunningham and Davies will leave, along with Albert.

If we get offered 750k+ for Cunningham I should think he'd go.That's a big fee for an otherwise third division defender.

Firstly he'd want to go and there's little point keeping an unhappy player, secondly we could adequately replace him for L1 purposes for far less.

I'd like to keep Cunningham but I reckon any sizeable, fair offers for any of our players are unlikely to be turned down.

I very much doubt we'll fight to keep Baldock and Davies, questionable that we need both anyway (in fact whether we ever needed both) as they can't play effectively together, and these are the sort of players we have be looking at to get our money back on in order to finance the new team.

Don't forget none of these 3 signed for City with the intention of playing L1 football, their only history with City is an unhappy one, and all would no doubt be very amenable to any move that keeps them in the Championship.

I suspect Cunningham and Davies will leave, along with Albert.

I think that's fair to say , and I too expect Cunningham to attract interest.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/story-18845116-detail/story.html#axzz2Rvput545

Cunningham without a moments doubt. His injury against Posh unhinged our season, we missed him hugely and by the time he came back a lot of the damage was done. Maloney as RB I think will stay too as he is a SoD player, it's 'just' the central pairing that needs to be found as they aren't already at this club.

Heaton, yes I don't think we have seen the best of him due to what has been in front of him. I just don't want the hassle of finding another keeper when we seem to have let a few decent enough ones slip through our fingers. Gerkin, how much longer will he want to be here and not play, or have we got a perfect league one keeper in him?

Baldock, certainly hasn't impressed me. Seems to be a sick note too. He hasn't looked like he's wanted to play for us in the Championship never mind league one. I can't see him staying, but if he does I hope I am proved very, very wrong.

Albert, ah Albert. On his day he is breathtaking. When he isn't on form looks as poor as anyone else. Shame he hasn't seen any real success with us. He certainly has provided more excitement than many others in our squad over the past few seasons. I don't think he is a SoD player, too much of a luxury, and too good for division one.

And finally Stead. Gave us all for sure and if his last injury hadn't come when it did his shear grid and work ethic might have carried him and his team mates to safety. But I believe his head is already at another club. I'd be more surprised if he stayed than Albert.

Archived