IGNORED

2 May 1990

That night was the worst ever for any City fan there. Being kept in while Gerry Francis led the singing in front of us, truly nauseating.

Revenge came on April 3rd 2001 when Flapper's penalty save sent them down into the 4th Division for the first time, ending their taunts of "we've never been in the 4th, but you have"

Ha!

That night was the worst ever for any City fan there. Being kept in while Gerry Francis led the singing in front of us, truly nauseating.

Revenge came on April 3rd 2001 when Flapper's penalty save sent them down into the 4th Division for the first time, ending their taunts of "we've never been in the 4th, but you have"

Ha!

Don't recall being kept in that night...in fact I remember walking down the road under the arch as the sags celebrated.......agree that we had some twots about though while all the sags wanted to do is celebrate "BRISTOL" being a winner with both teams going up..

A deaf mate of mine had a dodgy ticket (bought at sevices on way to Bolton) and I remember the plod had roadblocks to check the tickets as you walked up to trumpton.........he was stopped but the plod who checked him must have felt sorry for him being deaf and let him go on.....he then got in no problem...... On another note though his brother ended up in RUH with a twisted ankle or somat after kicking the advertising boards...ha ha

Surprised that no one has mentioned the foul by Devon white for their 2nd (I think) (sorry if they have...)

The defence was a joke for the 3rd leaving Billy ocean with a tap in if my memory is correct,,,,

All in all though it was good to see both Bristol clubs at the top of the table at the end of a long season - first & only time I think.....just a shame it was them in 1st.....but who cares with what has happened to both clubs since...

What is it now 5300 + days and counting ???/

MIND THE GAP !

I was at that Bolton game! And also away to Notts County, Wigan and Leyton Orient that season. Back then, Wigan still played at that shitty old ground with the grass bank for a terrace. They played the Corrie theme over the tannoy before kick-off and we won 3-2. The Leyton Orient game was notable for the fact that our coach driver got lost and we didn't get there till half-time. Doh!

Ha, me too. Can't remember how many coaches went to Leyton O that day but we also arrived at HT and I think we drew o-o? Many great away days that season, especially Birmingham. Like others, I can't remember a worse night supporting City than at Twerton that season. But the 2-1 at AG which sent them back down is still one of my favorite ever games. I was in the enclosure that night, next to the EE. Brilliant atmosphere.

Here you go MR Gas, Dont let facts get in the way of a good story.

Bristol City Wins - 11

Draws - 5

Bristol Rovers - 7

2006/2007
Football League Trop Tu 27Feb 2007 Bristol R 1 - 0 Bristol C
Football League Trop We 21Feb 2007 Bristol C 0 - 0 Bristol R
2001/2002
Football League Trop We 09Jan 2002 Bristol C 3 - 0 Bristol R
2000/2001
Football League Div 2 Tu 03Apr 2001 Bristol R 1 - 1 Bristol C
Football League Div 2 Fr 22Dec 2000 Bristol C 3 - 2 Bristol R
1999/2000
Football League Div 2 Sa 22Apr 2000 Bristol R 2 - 0 Bristol C
Football League Div 2 Su 17Oct 1999 Bristol C 0 - 0 Bristol R
1997/1998
Football League Div 2 Sa 14Mar 1998 Bristol C 2 - 0 Bristol R
Football League Div 2 Tu 04Nov 1997 Bristol R 1 - 2 Bristol C
English League Cup Tu 26Aug 1997 Bristol R 1 - 2 Bristol C
English League Cup Tu 12Aug 1997 Bristol C 0 - 0 Bristol R
1996/1997
Football League Div 2 Su 16Mar 1997 Bristol R 1 - 2 Bristol C
Football League Div 2 Su 15Dec 1996 Bristol C 1 - 1 Bristol R
1995/1996
Football League Div 2 Sa 16Mar 1996 Bristol R 2 - 4 Bristol C
Football League Div 2 Tu 16Jan 1996 Bristol C 0 - 2 Bristol R
1992/1993
Football League Div 1 Tu 06Apr 1993 Bristol C 2 - 1 Bristol R
Football League Div 1 Su 13Dec 1992 Bristol R 4 - 0 Bristol C
1991/1992
English Div 2 (old) Sa 21Dec 1991 Bristol R 3 - 2 Bristol C
English League Cup Tu 08Oct 1991 Bristol C 2 - 4 Bristol R
English League Cup We 25Sep 1991 Bristol R 1 - 3 Bristol C
English Div 2 (old) We 04Sep 1991 Bristol C 1 - 0 Bristol R
1990/1991
English Div 2 (old) Tu 05Mar 1991 Bristol C 1 - 0 Bristol R
English Div 2 (old) Sa 26Jan 1991 Bristol R 3 - 2 Bristol C

love it !!!! coyr

not sure if it was (that) night , because i was natched up, thank god ! but one of the games over there, the gas mc a certain mr keith valle , said , now coming on for city is junior bent and perhaps he is ! classy eh ? went to most aways that season with the lads , but went over (ther) with the family, it was impossible to console my lifelong city loving mum and dad on the way home . that was the worst part of the night for me . because of their greater experiance of dealing with such a vile and loathsome bunch, the pain of that night hit home harder

I know Boris, he's only got good things to say about the City players from around that era - it sounds like they were one big drinking gang at times, so I'm sure he didn't say this. As for Holloway.....!

Was it really 23 years ago? Where has the time gone! My lord, did we take some shit off the local G*sheads for ages over this!

As much as I'd never want it to happen again, unless we finished 1st this time around, it was great seeing the two names up the top all season

I was there and I don't recall anything out of the ordinary but I was also in my teens, maybe it was because that kind of behaviour was nothing unusual in those days.

I also knew Boris around that time and went out drinking with him, a few other rovers boys together with the City lads. It was a big drinking gang, Wednesdays and Saturdays... sometimes a Sunday too!

I remember it being a shit night, I'd only gone as an 8 year old to my first game that January - so didn't really know quite what was going on but remember the 0-3 and remember it being shit.

Much more vivid memories of the '95 game at AG and obviously 1996. Also the 4-2 over there.

Archived