IGNORED

Stead On His Way?

SnozRobin

He's re-tweeted a message from somebody called Kevin Cooper saying 'good luck and god bless pal'. Looks like the guy has something to do with City and may clean for the players. Seems Stead has also bought him a bottle of wine to say thanks (and goodbye?).

I heard he's having a house built back up North. Not sure if its ready yet but if true he'll be heading home pretty soon. Huddersfield possibly.

The house is only relevant for when he retires from his nomadic footballing lifestyle. Until then he'll go to the club, and part of the country, where he's most wanted (wages wise) like he seemingly always has done.

Nothing wrong with that of course, football is his job and after all offering him the most money is probably the main reason he came to BCFC in the first place.

Is Kevin Cooper the fat guy who stands in the tunnel with a bunch of young ladies? With the club in debt, do we need a cleaner with a bunch of blokes in suits standing around, flirting with girls all game? Does the cleaner need to go to away games?

I thought the club was trying to get rid of the hanger ons??

I hope so, far too expensive for what he is, not been good enough for us, lets get in a nice new young striker or let the Taylor/Baldock combo blend!

Taylor will never be as good as Jon Stead in my humble opinion, he's 25 today so hardly a young prospect

The house is only relevant for when he retires from his nomadic footballing lifestyle. Until then he'll go to the club, and part of the country, where he's most wanted (wages wise) like he seemingly always has done.

Nothing wrong with that of course, football is his job and after all offering him the most money is probably the main reason he came to BCFC in the first place.

Your right

Thankfully, stead works hard and deserves it (if anyone could justify running around for that money!!)

Is Kevin Cooper the fat guy who stands in the tunnel with a bunch of young ladies? With the club in debt, do we need a cleaner with a bunch of blokes in suits standing around, flirting with girls all game? Does the cleaner need to go to away games?

I thought the club was trying to get rid of the hanger ons??

..better safe than sorry-you never know when somthing may require a good clean.be foolish to get caught out imo...

Said in a interview to the Hudersfiled local press after the game last week that........

On his own situation, Stead explained: Im out of contract this summer and I dont think anything is going to happen for me here at Bristol.

My family are looking to move back up North, so who knows? I am looking at all options, including staying where I am, but Im open to offers and available if anyone is interested.

He's gone, shame.

Read more: Examiner http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2013/05/01/former-huddersfield-town-striker-jon-stead-hails-james-vaughan-and-talks-of-the-chances-of-a-return-to-west-yorkshire-86081-33262843/#ixzz2SLQTfvjn

Not sure why it would be a "shame", he rarely plays many more than 25 games a season and usually scores about 6/7 goals a season.

When fit and selected his attitude was usually ok, his form was variable.

By the standards of many of his team mates that was exceptional, but elsewhere it would have simply been the norm...

Said in a interview to the Hudersfiled local press after the game last week that........

On his own situation, Stead explained: Im out of contract this summer and I dont think anything is going to happen for me here at Bristol.

My family are looking to move back up North, so who knows? I am looking at all options, including staying where I am, but Im open to offers and available if anyone is interested.

He's gone, shame.

Read more: Examiner http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2013/05/01/former-huddersfield-town-striker-jon-stead-hails-james-vaughan-and-talks-of-the-chances-of-a-return-to-west-yorkshire-86081-33262843/#ixzz2SLQTfvjn

Interesting comments by the fans…not jumping for joy

Sad. One of the few joys of the last couple of seasons was watching Stead, not just his ability but also his attitude. Only a short stay but already one of my favourites.

If he does go I can only wish him well and thank him for his effort.

I'm a big fan of Steady but I think his depature is a- inevitable and b- probably for the best.

If we were in a position to offer him anything even close to what he is currently on then I would love him to stay, but reality is that we aren't. As SO'D stated the other day if all of our contracted players remain at the club they take up 88% of the wage budget for next season. As we have four other strikers, attempting to keep Steady at the club would be a luxury we cannot afford.

Even in the event that we do decide that we really want to keep him I fully expect there will be a few teams in the Championship interested in his services and they willl all obviously be able to outbid us when it comes to the wages we can offer.

I didn't think a lot of Stead before he came here and I didn't particularly want us to sign him, but he won me around extremely quickly. His performances in the games against Reading and QPR when we finally got that season going after the Coppout fiasco were extraordinary and since then I have been one of his biggest fans. He has always given his best when wearing our shirt and that is all any fan really asks for.

I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope for his sake he does get a move back to Huddersfield as it will obviously mean alot to him, but for us it is time to move on and his wages would be better spent in areas of the team where we have more pressing issues in my opinion.

I think that's the key. We need a Stead of 3 years ago. Fit and healthy.

Stead's attitude is something I'd like us to keep, but a) we won't be able to afford him and b) I'm not sure what value for money we'd get based on his injury record.

That said I bet he signs for someone and bags 10 goals next season! He always seems to start well at new clubs.

Archived