IGNORED

Carey - Please No

old_eastender

Well after today hopefully the board will see that offering Louis Carey another 1 yr contract would be madness. Then again it was madness last summer too but the board insisted he was given the contract even though Del didn't want to make the offer.

Been a great servant for the club, but time his time is well and truly up.

If he gets offered a new contract, then it's a sign the board have not learned their lesson.

I agree. Carey himself said in the week the club needs a complete culture change. Well for me, Carey, over the past few seasons, has been a central part of that culture that needs changing. We must look forward not back. I'll be really disappointed (again) if he gets another year.

I agree. Carey himself said in the week the club needs a complete culture change. Well for me, Carey, over the past few seasons, has been a central part of that culture that needs changing. We must look forward not back. I'll be really disappointed (again) if he gets another year.

Very well said, completely agree.

Completely 100% disagree!

Next season we have Fontaine contracted to the club that's it! You need an experienced head at the back or at least in the squad especially when the future is youth!

Had we stayed in the championship then I'd maybe agree with you

Fontaine is 27 or 28 if he hasn't got experience by now he never will,

We are building a team for the PL and don't need a 36 year old

For crying out loud Tommy we're really NOT.

We're 3rd division, but an injury prone veteran who can only muster 15 league appearances is no good in any division.

Carey HAS to go.

It's much more difficult now with the new financial regulations plus those 2 clubs are far better supported than City.

We need to build slowly and aim to go up again in 2-3 seasons with a younger and stronger squad with the right characters throughout.

First necessity is to clear the decks and so much depends on the club's ruthlessness and determination to do this.

Alas, my impression is LC believes he will still be here next season, and to me that would be a dreadful start.

I'm also very concerned at some players in and out of contract that SO'D seems to want to retain at the club.

Agreed. There is an intriguing contradiction in that we have often been told that Carey is a great influence in the dressing room, but the culture in that dressing room seems to have got progressively worse over recent seasons. Which either means he is not quite the positive influence he is said to be or he has contributed to that culture. I have no idea which is the case but both cannot be true. Either way we cannot afford the luxury of a non-playing captain so to speaK.

It's much more difficult now with the new financial regulations plus those 2 clubs are far better supported than City.

We need to build slowly and aim to go up again in 2-3 seasons with a younger and stronger squad with the right characters throughout.

First necessity is to clear the decks and so much depends on the club's ruthlessness and determination to do this.

Alas, my impression is LC believes he will still be here next season, and to me that would be a dreadful start.

I'm also very concerned at some players in and out of contract that SO'D seems to want to retain at the club.

Swansea's model

I share your fear. Very disappointing that the club is totally blind.

Personally I think everyone out of contract should go unless we can persuade Heaton to stay, though if he chooses not to I wouldn't be all that worried if we then retained Gerken..

Bates, Nyatanga, Carey, M.Wilson, Skuse, Howard, Amadi-Holloway and Stead, goodbye.

Personally I think everyone out of contract should go unless we can persuade Heaton to stay, though if he chooses not to I wouldn't be all that worried if we then retained Gerken..

Bates, Nyatanga, Carey, M.Wilson, Skuse, Howard, Amadi-Holloway and Stead, goodbye.

I'm looking forward to that being the headline on the official site on Monday! :)

We are building a team for the PL and don't need a 36 year old

Were building a team for L1 survival, and sadly I think Carey will get a year, he is capable of doing a job there. I dont agree with it, but I think he will.

PL you are having a laugh, be years before we manage THAT feat..

Add Gerken, Elliott, Fontaine & Kilkenny to that list...

If ever. I think the PL is pulling up the ladder. It won't be long before it's re-election from the PL, not relegation.

Ouch, harsh and sadly true....will soon be one franchise from each area of the country plus Manure, Man Shitty, Liverpool, Everton, Arse, Spuds, Hellski & Villarse..

Add Gerken, Elliott, Fontaine & Kilkenny to that list...

Well, Elliott, Kilkenny and Fontaine aren't out of contract so will only go if either they can get told they can leave for free to get more money elsewhere than at AG after their pay cut or otherwise if someone wants to buy them.

I cannot see the latter happening in a million years so we'll have to pray for the former, won't we?

I know you don't agree but I think Gerken would be perfectly adequate for us if Heaton goes.

If Heaton stays I cannot see that we could afford to keep both of this season's keepers, though.

I'm looking forward to that being the headline on the official site on Monday! :)

Yep and with a bit of luck, more importantly were also see the likes of Fontaine, Kilkenny, Elliot, Pearson, J.Wilson & Foster transfer listed with immediate effect. Give um all free's get all this junk off the wage bill . I would also listen to offers for Baldock & Davies as well.

Ouch, harsh and sadly true....will soon be one franchise from each area of the country plus Manure, Man Shitty, Liverpool, Everton, Arse, Spuds, Hellski & Villarse..

And, as far as they're concerned, Malaysia Dragons FC is in this area of the country :(

Archived