IGNORED

Carey - Please No

old_eastender

Keep Louis on a low-pay deal, as back-up at least. He's been playing in a poor defence over recent years, but he's probably made the least mistakes in the centre of defence out of them all. It would be criminal to release Louis, whilst persisting with Fontaine and possibly Nyatanga/Bates with them potentially being offered new deals.

If we're guaranteed to bring in four good enough centre-backs over the summer, I'd agree that maybe it's time for Louis to leave. But considering we've not been able to sign a single suitable CB replacement for about three seasons now, I highly doubt we'll be able to sign 3 or 4 in one summer.

If ever. I think the PL is pulling up the ladder. It won't be long before it's re-election from the PL, not relegation.

I hope so,I really do. Then the rest of us can watch them get bored of playing the same old teams year after year.

The rest of us can get on with proper football on a more level playing field.

We are building a team for the PL and don't need a 36 year old

A couple of years back ONE person allegedly said we'd be the Barcelona of L2 on our Forum and that has stuck with you lot ever since.

Well I've now got the equivalent back - I guess I'll be quoting this throughout next season. Thank you very much. My evening is complete.

Obviously not used properly.

Obviously the old body, whilst no doubt willing, can't take the rigours of a 46 game season anymore.

In fact not for the last 3 years.

There are good reasons why he's not been picked, it hasn't been just to upset his fans.

I've seen it suggested on here that he should just retire gracefully and I would agree that may be the best solution.

A couple of years back ONE person allegedly said we'd be the Barcelona of L2 on our Forum and that has stuck with you lot ever since.

Well I've now got the equivalent back - I guess I'll be quoting this throughout next season. Thank you very much. My evening is complete.

Your fans have also labelled your poxy club the Swansea and Liverpool of L2 on top of the Barcelona quote and its not allegedly... Think it was also in a letter to the Evening Post along with the bold statement of you deserve a 40k stadium as you would sell it out, based on a trip to Wembley.

Some poor delusional Sag whose evening wear must consist of a straightjacket.

Absolutely must go and shut the door behind him. Loyal servant (maybe) but we need a new team and a new identity.

We may point to him as a positive dressing room influence, and maybe he is, but personally I think for the past few seasons the dressing room has been full of crap with players showing little more than disdain for the club and fans. His 'influence' didn't prevent that.

Don't get me wrong I'm not directly blaming him for that, although of the character I have reservations and didn't attend the testimonial. I just beat off the influential 'clappers' with well how have the first-team treated us this season...

Carey showed last week and this he can do a job. League 1 with the wages we have to pay? Easy decision.

Just watched the highlights. good return for Louis.

Slack marking on the striker for the first.

Poor tackle allowing forward to turn easily and help create second.

Terrible miscue 10 yards from goal.

Poor backpass to Heaton to put him under pressure leading to third.

Apart from that.........

Carey showed last week and this he can do a job. League 1 with the wages we have to pay? Easy decision.

Eh? Played 10 minutes last week and was part of a defence that conceded 4 this.

Time for the old warhorse to be put out to pasture.

Just watched the highlights. good return for Louis.

Slack marking on the striker for the first.

Poor tackle allowing forward to turn easily and help create second.

Terrible miscue 10 yards from goal.

Poor backpass to Heaton to put him under pressure leading to third.

Apart from that.........

Saw it live and agree, no place for a player of his age in the war zone that is League 1.

You have to be able to take the physical knocks and recover quickly, at 36/37 this just isn't possible.

He has done his best for the club and been well rewarded, time to move on.

he's done great service, Carey. Maybe give him a half season or season and move him onto coaching at the club?

Dreadful idea.

He's past it as a player and has got absolutely no qualifications to coach.

What's so difficult about simply not renewing his contract, and saying, 'Your time at Bristol City has come to it's natural conclusion - thank you, good luck, and GOODBYE'? :dunno:

36 and yet STILL best centre half at the club,

Heard he's been offered another year on pay as you play again, hoping its true personally

Good player to have in dressing room and perfect for league 1

We will see how serious this club is about moving forward and making huge changes.

If Louis Carey is on the playing staff next year....or pathetically given some other "new role" within the club...it will prove that nothing is changing at this club.

Thank Louis...but times up

Archived