IGNORED

Steve Davies

petehinton

Steve Davies in talks with Derby County over a sensational return to Pride Park

Steve Davies was at the Derby game today, wasn't playing for Bristol City as he's injured.

Steve Davies sat behind us at the Match.

Just seen Steve Davies back at Pride Park watching today's game

all off Twitter

I for one will not be upset if true. He started well here but after the first couple of months stagnated and has not really performed for me. Very poor in front of goal unless from range and not the best in the air. Not the fittest and then there are all the rumours as well.

He would be on big money for L1 and im sure that money could be better used.

Would be sad to see him go. Whilst not prolific himself he has very very good technical ability (at championship level) and in a team of flying wingers and with a potent fox in the box ahead of him, I'd think he'd create a hell of a lot. Him and Nicky would've been a dream, again at this level.

Hasn't really worked out here for him, and I think the fault lies at both doors for that, but he is head and shoulders too good for League One in the same way Brett Pitman was/is.

Thank God you don't have the 'e' in your surname, I was worried for a bit there.....

Sorry for dropping the "e" Woodsy. You must be a English teacher or a social worker or something in that line of work. Either way far to much time on your hands.

Now pick the grammar out of that !

Hey why not start another factless rumour?

Does anyone else feel a little cheated here? where the respect for city? whilst i understand that he probably doesn't want to play in league 1, hes still contracted to us, and the season has only JUST ended, and already hes thinking about his next move? not even a DAY has past and already hes trying to leave the club? do these players have any spine what so ever? if he does go, i expect to recieve more that what we paid for him, otherwise, whats the point? he's still got 2 years left on his contract!

Show me some players who actually want to play for Bristol City Football Club please.

Does anyone else feel a little cheated here? where the respect for city? whilst i understand that he probably doesn't want to play in league 1, hes still contracted to us, and the season has only JUST ended, and already hes thinking about his next move? not even a DAY has past and already hes trying to leave the club? do these players have any spine what so ever? if he does go, i expect to recieve more that what we paid for him, otherwise, whats the point? he's still got 2 years left on his contract!

Show me some players who actually want to play for Bristol City Football Club please.

Exactly, Saturday is earn your corn day, if you are not in the squad, then you are backing up your team mates, if you are injured you are back at base.

I don't care if Derby are his team, you should be backing up your current team mates on the day of a match.

Even a local boy in Skuse wants to hold the club to ransom (supposidely) to stay so why expect a Liverpudlian to?

Frankly put yourself in his shoes. The bloke who recruited him has been booted, he has hardly been made an integral part of the team, he is now facing a paycut, playing in a lower league, in a transitioning team. No doubt he was sold a club about to kick on with a new home in the offing and a young up and coming gaffer who last year turned us around.

Simply if I was a neutral and recruited last summer I'd be begging for an exit plan. Its not loyalty, its common sense!

Even a local boy in Skuse wants to hold the club to ransom (supposidely) to stay so why expect a Liverpudlian to?

Frankly put yourself in his shoes. The bloke who recruited him has been booted, he has hardly been made an integral part of the team, he is now facing a paycut, playing in a lower league, in a transitioning team. No doubt he was sold a club about to kick on with a new home in the offing and a young up and coming gaffer who last year turned us around.

Simply if I was a neutral and recruited last summer I'd be begging for an exit plan. Its not loyalty, its common sense!

I get it, thats life, it not always easey, you won't always enjoy yourself, but if you commit to a contract then atleast show some respect and honour it! if the club want to sale him for extra funds then fair enough, however, to be watching Derby and having pictures taken with their fans on a day where city are getting battered 4-1 away to Charlton during a relegation season is showing a real lack of respect not only to the club, but the players and managment aswell...

I wonder if O'driscoll knew about his little day out to Derby? I just wish we could own some players who actually wanted to play for us, and not someone else.

Makes me angry!

I get it, thats life, it not always easey, you won't always enjoy yourself, but if you commit to a contract then atleast show some respect and honour it! if the club want to sale him for extra funds then fair enough, however, to be watching Derby and having pictures taken with their fans on a day where city are getting battered 4-1 away to Charlton during a relegation season is showing a real lack of respect not only to the club, but the players and managment aswell...

I wonder if O'Driscoll knew about his little day out to Derby? I just wish we could own some players who actually wanted to play for us, and not someone else.

Makes me angry!

Don't get me wrong I do understand where you are coming from. But I'd imagine the statements which induced him to come here have not been lived up to and so I completely understand his looking for a way out.

As for being at Derby I presume he wasn't asked to go along with the first team. That (presumably) being so, I see no reason for him not to watch and not to pose for photo's if asked.

Don't get me wrong I do understand where you are coming from. But I'd imagine the statements which induced him to come here have not been lived up to and so I completely understand his looking for a way out.

As for being at Derby I presume he wasn't asked to go along with the first team. That (presumably) being so, I see no reason for him not to watch and not to pose for photo's if asked.

You shouldn't have to be 'asked' you should go, to support the club and his team mates, IMO!

Anyway, its clear hes looking to leave, so if the money generated can buy us Will Grigg i'll be happy!

Archived