IGNORED

Yeovil Joe Edwards

BdR2000

Sounds about right tbh

I think the only person who City has sold that hasnt become a brilliant player is woolford tho he was cming good but they decided to bench him then stick him in reserves.

But at least they are conssistent with missing talent

Sounds about right tbh

I think the only person who City has sold that hasnt become a brilliant player is woolford tho he was cming good but they decided to bench him then stick him in reserves.

But at least they are conssistent with missing talent

Yep you're absolutely right. Because the non league isn't stuffed full of our cast offs?

I love people who try and bash the club at every opportunity.

So this kid is apparantly having one half decent game in league one. We definatly should have held on to him then....

Yep you're absolutely right. Because the non league isn't stuffed full of our cast offs?

So this kid is apparantly having one half decent game in league one. We definatly should have held on to him then....

It's true that the majority of the players we have let go in recent years don't seem to go on to play at a higher level. However, I think letting Edwards go was very strange. He can't possibly have been any worse than Foster if nothing else.

We didn't 'let him go', he wanted first team football, because as mentioned a zillion times we were too scared to play our own youth players. So he went. Simples.

Due to his age, a fee would have had to have been paid. Probably nominal, but certainly not free. Indeed http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-sell-Joe-Edwards-Yeovil-Town/story-17883896-detail/story.html#axzz2SWMooPkB

mcinness, the manager who signed foster and mark wilson, decided that edwards wasnt worthy of a run at right back so he understandably left

We didn't 'let him go', he wanted first team football, because as mentioned a zillion times we were too scared to play our own youth players. So he went. Simples.

Due to his age, a fee would have had to have been paid. Probably nominal, but certainly not free. Indeed http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-sell-Joe-Edwards-Yeovil-Town/story-17883896-detail/story.html#axzz2SWMooPkB

Fair point that he wanted to leave (and good on him, given the fear of playing our academy graduates that you allude to) and that we received a fee, but BCFC could have turned the offer down, and, in accepting it, allowed him to leave. In fairness I barely saw him play but I just can't imagine he'd have been any worse than Foster, and I'd (somewhat blissfully) forgotten that Mark Wilson even existed!

Been a regular in a side that was pushing for Auto's at one point, and is what? 21 years old, so gunna get better. Bolasie is another, regular in p/o side, highly regarded. Pittman is carving up L1. All 3 left this year, all now doing very well. Many more released to lower leagues and not doing too well, but 3 decent players were let go, and all could be in a division or 2 above us next year. Not a huge disapontment until you learn that we got under £350,000 for all 3. There is the crime we're bemoaning

I knew someone would say that, good job he's been made to pay by being shipped out to Yeovil, as opposed to killing someone.

He drunk drove once, let's make sure he can never ever have a good job in his entire life :rolleyes:

I agree drink driving is a very low crime to commit but it's not one which you should be punished your entire life for.

I gather he has played full-back and in a variety of midfield roles, and never let the team down no matter where he plays. We'll never know if any of these players would have made it, because we never give them a chance, And could they have done any worse than the experienced players who "played"?

I gather he has played full-back and in a variety of midfield roles, and never let the team down no matter where he plays. We'll never know if any of these players would have made it, because we never give them a chance, And could they have done any worse than the experienced players who "played"?

Can't argue regarding Joe Edwards, I actually don't believe he's in any way inferior to Kelly in midfield myself and is obviously better than Foster or M.Wilson at RB.

As for those who "we never know whether they'd made it or not", none of them are at Championship level now, are they?

Edwards did play quite well but the standard is a long, long way from the championship.

Not at all. Jamie Mac was clearly unable to play in the championship with us anymore and that's why we sold him. All of a sudden he's storming league one with other players like Gavin Williams and Edwards? The gap from the championship to L1 is very underestimated.

Not at all. Jamie Mac was clearly unable to play in the championship with us anymore and that's why we sold him. All of a sudden he's storming league one with other players like Gavin Williams and Edwards? The gap from the championship to L1 is very underestimated.

Exactly, we SHOULD piss league 1.

Archived