IGNORED

Wolves Sack Saunders

Maesknoll Red

We will never know I guess. I would say that they most probably wouldn't have suffered successive relegations under Bruce. He is a championship manager and would have certainly made them competitive.

Steve 'Mrs Doubtfire' Bruce is your run of the mill manager though, similar to that of journeymen players.

Sure, I certainly agree with you there. But to reject him for the three managers they've had since sacking Big Mick is, in my opinion, quite bizarre.

Sure, I certainly agree with you there. But to reject him for the three managers they've had since sacking Big Mick is, in my opinion, quite bizarre.

Without doubt mate. Why they ever sacked big mick I will never know.

But to then appoint solbakken and Saunders is laughable. I don't rate Bruce, but as I say he knows the league inside out, so to be fair it's extremely doubtful he would have taken them down. Wolves are just a joke!

Comment by a Wolves fan;

'They [the Board] always appeared far more interested in building the new stand, rather than making sure they had the right people on the pitch.'

Who does that remind me of...

I'm not so sure they'll be a force next season, I can see a hell of a lot of their better players leaving.

Their fans have even less patience than ours so unless the new manager has them up at the sharp

end PDQ the fans will be demonstrating/rioting from the off.

Their problem begins and ends with Moxey and Morgan. A pair of incompetent, egotistical ****wits.

Refer to my SoD post of a couple of weeks ago ......I said that Wolves would sack Saunders and that being :

- a Wolverhampton boy

- who still lives in the Midlands

- with a rolling non-commital contract ...

That SoD would be on Wolves wishlist ..........I think an offer to go to Wolves with Prem League parachute money would tempt him

Thoughts ??

( PS his departure wouldnt bother me - 5 wins from 20 - totally uninspiring )

BTW - SOD and Jon Lansdown on Late Kick Off - totally uninspiring too - someone needs to suggest that young Jon has some media training - no shame in it - lots of people that are not TV naturals do it !

Refer to my SoD post of a couple of weeks ago ......I said that Wolves would sack Saunders and that being :

- a Wolverhampton boy

- who still lives in the Midlands

- with a rolling non-commital contract ...

That SoD would be on Wolves wishlist ..........I think an offer to go to Wolves with Prem League parachute money would tempt him

Thoughts ??

He was available before they appointed Saunders & for some reason they chose to pay compo to Doncaster for Saunders when they could have had the then out of work O'Driscoll!

Of course they could come to us and offer us 12 month compo.. can't see it though.

He really isn't that good a manager.

And McCarthy is? I'd say they are decent Managers for the Championship level only. Steve Bruce has just got Hull promoted. In the Championship he's a competent manager. I'm not saying he would of saved Wolves from the drop from the top flight but to have him in place for the start of this season would have put them in good stead for a quick return or a minimum of safety. The stupid managerial decisions in between has cost them. They were gambles and they didn't come off.

It wasn't neccessarily sacking Mick McCarthy - It was failing to get any replacement in; the players new they didn't want Terry Connor, the fans new he was the last resort and the bloke himself new he wasn't particularly chosen. They then took a gamble and it took their Norweigan fella too long to get to grips with an underperforming side and failed to recover.

I dread to think who'll go there next

It wasn't neccessarily sacking Mick McCarthy - It was failing to get any replacement in; the players new they didn't want Terry Connor, the fans new he was the last resort and the bloke himself new he wasn't particularly chosen. They then took a gamble and it took their Norweigan fella too long to get to grips with an underperforming side and failed to recover.

I dread to think who'll go there next

I felt sorry for Terry, he clearly didn't want the job but didn't want to let the club down. Morgan, Moxey and co. should have never put him in that position because in the end it was no good for anyone, the club, players, fans or Terry. If they couldn't get the man they wanted before the end of the season then they should have held fire.

He was available before they appointed Saunders & for some reason they chose to pay compo to Doncaster for Saunders when they could have had the then out of work O'Driscoll!

Of course they could come to us and offer us 12 month compo.. can't see it though.

Isn't SOD here after 3 interviews and I could be wrong, but wasn't he available but we instead paid St J's compo for McInnes?

I'm not so sure they'll be a force next season, I can see a hell of a lot of their better players leaving.

As far as I know they do have a few decent players out of contract this season (Doyle, Hunt, Ebanks, Edwards, Craddock).

They'll also likely lose Johnson, Ward, Henry, O'Hara, Sako, so there will be a big rebuilding job necessary there.

However, they are pretty well set with a good crop of young players already there and probably ready to step in now and do a job in L1 - the likes of Lee Evans, Leigh Griffiths, Danny Baath, Jake Cassidy, David Davis will all be good L1 players + they've still got the likes of Adam Hamill knocking around.

With an £18m parachute payment to help out, I think they will still be a pretty major force next season.

I think an offer to go to Wolves with Prem League parachute money would tempt him

Then you don't know what SOD is about.

He took this job this time around as he said "the club have now come around to my way of thinking".

By this he meant previously SL was just willing to throw as much money as possible at success and SOD felt this wasn't the right way to do it.

Now we've established a workable budget, a sustainable model, a better academy and a better recruitment structure, SOD is interested in taking this forward. Why would he go to a club where money would appear to be no object when that was the exact reason he didn't want to be here 2 years ago?

As far as I know they do have a few decent players out of contract this season (Doyle, Hunt, Ebanks, Edwards, Craddock).

They'll also likely lose Johnson, Ward, Henry, O'Hara, Sako, so there will be a big rebuilding job necessary there.

However, they are pretty well set with a good crop of young players already there and probably ready to step in now and do a job in L1 - the likes of Lee Evans, Leigh Griffiths, Danny Baath, Jake Cassidy, David Davis will all be good L1 players + they've still got the likes of Adam Hamill knocking around.

With an £18m parachute payment to help out, I think they will still be a pretty major force next season.

Agreed.

Dont forget the lad on loan at Aberdeen Harry, Mcginn is it? He's notched 20 goals this season and was up for SPL player of year so would imagine him and Jake Cassidy will form a decent partnership next season for them.

Lee Evans we missed out on big time. He will emerge a star come this time next year.

Then you don't know what SOD is about.

He took this job this time around as he said "the club have now come around to my way of thinking".

By this he meant previously SL was just willing to throw as much money as possible at success and SOD felt this wasn't the right way to do it.

Now we've established a workable budget, a sustainable model, a better academy and a better recruitment structure, SOD is interested in taking this forward. Why would he go to a club where money would appear to be no object when that was the exact reason he didn't want to be here 2 years ago?

I'm not sure he took the job as we'd come around to his way of thinking necessarily, more so because on this occassion (unlike 2 others) he got an offer.

I could be reading something into it which isn't there but with no loans to aid his cause, his negative demeanour in interviews, his feeling like he's having to justify himself both in programme notes and on broadcasts, the ill-feeling at the club, the huge player turnover, finishing (almost) as far off safety as PBoro did the playoffs etc etc etc I feel this may not be the job he thought it was coming into it [despite coming into it and promising nothing].

It might just be me misconstruing his body language etc but to me the last few games watching him have been like watching Coppell in the dug-out.

Agree with 29AR

I have the same 'Coppell-esque ' feeling about SoD - all this nonsense about him turning us down - thats rubbish he was unterviewed when McInnes was appointed but he never turned us down !

He has made no commitment to the Club - he can easily get out of a rolling contract and I guess would take his mate OKelly with him if he moved clubs - remember - he has previous form :

Sacked as Asst Mgr by Forest he went to Crawley - then left them pre-season because a better offer came along to manage Forest

I dont blame him - I've just had this nagging feeling that he wouldnt be City manager for a long spell - I even posted on here 2 months ago that he could be gone by pre-season and thought that Wolves would sack Saunders even if they scraped survival

City are leaderless in Boardroom and on the pitch - what we need is a tub thumping personaluty manager to shake come life into the inertia that exists at Ashton Gate and I worry that SoD is not that man ( plus I havent been impressed with 5 wins out of 20 )

.......hopefully SoD will leave and we can get Gary Johnson back to fill the void !!

Stand by for abuse

it's getting a bit 'blind man kicking armless man' on here. Pointing fingers at Wolves demise when our own club has been on a downward spiral for five years is a bit rich. Could perhaps understand it had our 'new' head coach kept us up etc. etc., As it is we will both be in League One next season and forget the Norwich/Southampton scenarios, both clubs need stability, a bloody good clear out and consistency. To my view, MM demise like that of his erstwhile chum GJ, was due to remaining too loyal too long to a group of players who were too comfortable as 'sure picks' week after week. Similarly their subsequent replacements too relied far too much and far too long on players trading on past reps and not necessarily current form. Elliot/Henry, Fontaine/ Berra etc. etc. Both Clubs owners need to look long and hard at what they promised and what they have delivered!!

Crazy owners. A ridiculous appointment in the first place as was the Norweigan bloke all following on by the sacking of McCarthy (which was probably just) only to leave Terry Connor in charge. Why they didn't get a quality replacement after McCarthy was strange. They deserved the drop as much as us.

And why is it that half the country knew those appointments were wrong, all wrong, from the outset and yet the motley crew of Moxey and Morgan went ahead with them anyway? Bizarre almost beyond belief and only about 40 miles down the M6 less mad than the soap opera at Ewood.

Football is such a wonderful game when things like this happen because it makes us all laugh our rocks off.

Archived