IGNORED

Powerhouse Of League 1

BristolBEAT

Strongest League 1 ever next year..stark difference to this season.

Losing 4 very poor/weak sides:

Scummy

Bury

Hartlepool

Portsmouht

To be replaced by four decent League 2 sides:

Gills

Rotherham

Port Vale

+1 (possibly poor)

----

3 Poor/small sides going up:

Donny

Bourno

+1

3 Stronger teams coming down:

Us

Wolves

Utd Reserves

Strong Remainders:

Sheff Utd staying with us

Crewe - Win cups like its easy (academy beats first team squads)
MK Dons

Poss Sky Blues

----

Think the likes of Swindle, Orient, Tranmere, Notts, Yeovil/Brentford are going to be in for a shock if they think they are going to be contenders. They were fighting in a very very poor L1

Strongest League 1 ever next year..stark difference to this season.

Losing 4 very poor/weak sides:

Scummy

Bury

Hartlepool

Portsmouht

To be replaced by four decent League 2 sides:

Gills

Rotherham

Port Vale

+1 (possibly poor)

----

3 Poor/small sides going up:

Donny

Bourno

+1

3 Stronger teams coming down:

Us

Wolves

Utd Reserves

Strong Remainders:

Sheff Utd staying with us

Crewe - Win cups like its easy (academy beats first team squads)

MK Dons

Poss Sky Blues

----

Think the likes of Swindle, Orient, Tranmere, Notts, Yeovil/Brentford are going to be in for a shock if they think they are going to be contenders. They were fighting in a very very poor L1

Us stronger than the teams coming up? That sounds a bit conceited to me.

League 1 is a complete piss pot of a league, don't underestimate us, we will walk that league, just wait and see, weakest division in europe IMO.

How long was our last spell in L1, how long did it take Forest to get out, Wednesday and United taking several attempts, Leeds and Charlton got stuck for a while. Southampton took their time too. Complacency will get us I think

Didn't see the Yeovil game but Brentford are an admirable team, a team in the true sense of the word, determined players with a common cause who fight for their mates, their fans, and their club.

On yesterday's evidence ( and it can't be a one off for the play offs or they wouldn't be there) they would batter this season's Bristol City team.

I'm revising my opinion of our chances next season to bottom third unless we sign at least 6 players with their never say die battling attitude.

Can't agree with the opening post; there are no Leeds, Forest, Wednesday or Rovers ( :ph34r:) this year.

You'll be one of the front runners.

nice of you to big us up but you haven't seen some of the clowns we're lumbered with for next season, can't see us making a serious challenge til the season after

nice of you to big us up but you haven't seen some of the clowns we're lumbered with for next season, can't see us making a serious challenge til the season after

Agree with that. SOD clears out all the Dross and takes a season for players to learn his philosophy, so i'm giving him 2 seasons to get us back up there. Whether us fans will give him the time is another matter.

League 1 is a complete piss pot of a league, don't underestimate us, we will walk that league, just wait and see, weakest division in europe IMO.

Oh dear, your in for a shock, that league is a ****** to get out of, its full of teams that play long ball, shit pitches, and horrible players who will cripple some of the players we have. Players who look good in the championship will suddenly look less good in league one. Its a absolute disaster and don't forget that.

Agree with that. SOD clears out all the Dross and takes a season for players to learn his philosophy, so i'm giving him 2 seasons to get us back up there. Whether us fans will give him the time is another matter.

Again this is not rational either, it could take us 4 or 5 years to get out of that league with the teams that are in it right now.

As others have said, it's taken a number of 'big' teams (bigger than City) a few years to get out of L1. Having said that, Doncaster bounced back up straight away this year, so who knows you could be right.

For what it's worth, and what little I know, I would expect you to be there or thereabouts in the final shake-up given your resources but it'll all be about the new personnel coming in over the Summer. Given FFP then your budget will be significantly less than this year which, by definition, means lower quality players in (or at least, those commanding a lower wage in the free-market) than you're used to.

But Brentford and Yeovil have proved that you can achieve success in L1 on a limited (in relation to yours) budget so it depends on SODs skills in identifying and gelling an effective team from the transfer market in the coming months.

I know many of you think SOD is the right man as he can talk a good 'un (personally I'm surprised how ineffective he has been on the field this season given the quality of resource you have, and the way that he intelligently talks about his methods - he had literally half a season to turn things around using his techniques but didn't) so I guess the acid test will be next season when it'll finally be HIS team taking the field.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out over the Summer and into the new season

I assume this is tongue in cheek, mirroring the Rovers impressions of League 2.

Truth is that if we are rebuilding, we can't expect too much. We have little in the way of foundations on which to build, so it really does look like a season of wholesale change, and Rovers can testify as to how difficult it is to bed in a large number of new players. If O'Driscoll can make some strong early signings, particularly the centre half we are screaming out for, then that would give grounds for some optimism, but I think a top-half finish is the most we can expect. If we get more than that, then it will be a bonus.

Remember our last season after relegation? It was purgatory...

I know many of you think SOD is the right man as he can talk a good 'un (personally I'm surprised how ineffective he has been on the field this season given the quality of resource you have, and the way that he intelligently talks about his methods - he had literally half a season to turn things around using his techniques but didn't) so I guess the acid test will be next season when it'll finally be HIS team taking the field.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out over the Summer and into the new season

20 games is not 'literally half a season' is it?

We were doomed this season from the off. Last season we were lucky to stay up, with 3 very poor teams finishing below us in Coventry, Pompey and Donny. We only got 49 points ourselves, which would have seen us finish bottom this season.

Then, last summer we cut our wage bill massively. Nearly by half, early indications seem to be.

So don't come on here saying that SOD had 'quality of resource' at his disposal and that he had literally half a season to save us.

We have been in decline for at least 3 years and SOD joined a sinking ship.

It's going to take him time to rebuild. I doubt we'll have the luxury of being able to offload as many wasters as Donny did. I would put us in a similar state to Coventry when they went down and if you give them back their 10 points which we won't be deducted then you're looking at a comfortable midtable finish on 65 points.

I suspect we won't be far off that. A lot will depend on how much we get for the likes of Albert, Cunningham and Davies. If it's over £1.5 mill, which may be realistic, then that would come in very handy...but ultimately this is a long term project for SOD.

As others have said, it's taken a number of 'big' teams (bigger than City) a few years to get out of L1. Having said that, Doncaster bounced back up straight away this year, so who knows you could be right.

This is the point the topic was started. Doncaster had it easy! Such poor teams, L1 is replacing Crap with Good both up and down. Doncaster would not be able to complete in L1 next year basing on the clubs that will be there next season.

For what it's worth, and what little I know, I would expect you to be there or thereabouts in the final shake-up given your resources but it'll all be about the new personnel coming in over the Summer. Given FFP then your budget will be significantly less than this year which, by definition, means lower quality players in (or at least, those commanding a lower wage in the free-market) than you're used to.

But Brentford and Yeovil have proved that you can achieve success in L1 on a limited (in relation to yours) budget so it depends on SODs skills in identifying and gelling an effective team from the transfer market in the coming months.

Trust me. SAF would not of kept us up.

20 games is not 'literally half a season' is it?

We were doomed this season from the off. Last season we were lucky to stay up, with 3 very poor teams finishing below us in Coventry, Pompey and Donny. We only got 49 points ourselves, which would have seen us finish bottom this season.

Then, last summer we cut our wage bill massively. Nearly by half, early indications seem to be.

So don't come on here saying that SOD had 'quality of resource' at his disposal and that he had literally half a season to save us.

We have been in decline for at least 3 years and SOD joined a sinking ship.

It's going to take him time to rebuild. I doubt we'll have the luxury of being able to offload as many wasters as Donny did. I would put us in a similar state to Coventry when they went down and if you give them back their 10 points which we won't be deducted then you're looking at a comfortable midtable finish on 65 points.

I suspect we won't be far off that. A lot will depend on how much we get for the likes of Albert, Cunningham and Davies. If it's over £1.5 mill, which may be realistic, then that would come in very handy...but ultimately this is a long term project for SOD.

23 games is half a season. So literally in this context is 'almost' .. so yeah, 20 games is almost half a season, 60 pts on offer.

It was only my opinion, if you have a differing opinion that's fine too, after all that's what forums are for, yes?

Judging by the annual capitulation against lower league sides in the cup, I can't see anything but a struggle this year, especially given the amount of players we're going to lose.

The only saving grace, is that SO'D might be able to bring in some players with more fight about them - but until we see them, we can only judge our team on how good they've been in the cups!!

23 games is half a season. So literally in this context is 'almost' .. so yeah, 20 games is almost half a season, 60 pts on offer.

It was only my opinion, if you have a differing opinion that's fine too, after all that's what forums are for, yes?

Ok, SOD had 43% of the season to keep us up. I maintain that in the context of at least 3 seasons of decline, that ain't much time.

I strongly feel that Sean's the man for us given time. I urge fans to let him build his own team and not to start shouting for his head the moment we have a bad run

I strongly feel that Sean's the man for us given time. I urge fans to let him build his own team and not to start shouting for his head the moment we have a bad run

That's the key. But what time is the right time to call time on a Manager. I'd argue both City and Rovers were 'too loyal' to their managers this season. Under McGhee it was obvious we were a destroyed team heading into non-league. I was one of those who were originally calling for him to have more time but personally I'd have let him go after we lost away at Wycombe in the rearranged game with a whimper - if there was one game we SHOULD have been up for it was that one after we were robbed of our first win when the game was abandoned at 3-1.

But the Board kept giving him more and more time until an embarrassing 4-1 defeat away at York (we were lucky to get 1) FINALLY proved a result, and more importantly a PERFORMANCE, too far.

Similarly, I was amazed the loyalty your Board showed McInnes for so long. It might have been that he would have turned things around had he been given more time, but from afar it looked like he also had destroyed your team.

SOD has a huge rebuilding task and it might be that you won't necessarily get instant success - but it all depends on the patience of the fans and the board and whether there are signs that the supertanker is slowly turning in your favour. If I was a City fan I'd accept a season of consolidation, steady the ship and lay some foundations, and then look to 2014/15 for a concerted push for promotion.

I think alot of fans are doing the clubs in league one a disservice - the key to next season for us is to maintain fighting.

Looks at some of the teams that have risen up the league this season, Walsall, Bournemouth, Yoevil - they'd ge tthe tag 'small club' but the club doesn't put the shirts on, it's the 11 players and the supporting squad that's got teams through their season.

Also look at the teams that have fallen away after a good start, Notts County, Tranmere, Sheffield United, Milton Keynes Dons, Swindon - the latter apparently contenders for promotion as big clubs.

Next season is anybody's guess - I will be happy with top half; if we can maintain a top 12 position until Feb there's every chance we'll bounce straight back up

I'm expect a midtable finish next season (around 10th with a very outside chance of the pray-offs) we are in a transition and still need another season to fully get rid of the crap in the team,

those expecting an easy ride are in for a bigger shock then the Barcalona of league 2

Archived