IGNORED

Holloways Latest Dig

Club and Country

I hate the gas, but I don't hate gas heads. I enjoy banter and if we start over reacting because a more public figure has called us 'the shit', then we are pathetic. He still ranks higher than many managers because he likes to have a laugh as he goes. Whether you think he is a moronic idiot or as mad as a hatter, he loved rovers and played with passion, unlike many of our squad. And if you'd just beaten your arch rivals to clinch the title they seemed destined to win, damn straight I'd be on an open top bus giving the gas as much stick as I could. Chill out people

Excellent post.

It seems to me that he did no more than tell the "Stripey Nigels" what the natives of Cadbury Heath call our fine club. I understand that it is a fact that they do.

If someone I to tell what the rednecks of Alabama and Texas still call negroes, would that make me a racist? - few outside the PFA would think so.

Having said this, Portland Bill has got it right. Ian Holloway is (and always will be) a despicable little man. That he has chosen to re-brand himself as an idiot should fool no-one. I for one find it embarrassing that earns even grudging respect at Ashton Gate or on this forum, but his remark last night simply was not by any stretch of the imagination his "latest dig".

One of my best mates was playing for the Gas at the time and tells a different story. Basically two senior high profile players wanted out and down tools on the run in. Hollowhead was stitched up by the board in that they wouldn't pay the money to get the two back on board and they wouldn't sanction funds to bring in loan replacements. Hollow head was left with a team that had challenged all season minus his best two players for the run in. That meant that us City fans could relax as your promotion dream collapsed like a pack of cards, leading to thirteen years of being at least a division below us, please don't tell me you blame Hollow Head for that also?

Final question, are you Mr Dunceford or Mr Higgs?

No I blame the aforementioned messrs Dunford & Higgs for that bit.

But ask yourself why the board wouldn't allow him to bring anyone else in? Because he'd already spent all his budget - and more - building that squad.

The bloke is a Grade A**** and makes me cringe every time he is interviewed. If Bristolians want to be publically represented, and by default humiliated by the male Vicky Pollard, Holloway's your man. He's a clown, and an unfunny nasty self-indulgent one too. Clap him? I'd rather saw my hands off with a blunt rusty hacksaw. Gas Bastard! Hope Brighton smash Palace.

Could I be clear how many people on this forum who are making judgements about Ian Holloway such as 'disgusting human being' and 'despicable little man' actually know him? Thanks.

I don't know Hitler, Saddam, George Bush, Tony Blair or Cameron either, but I know they're a pack of *****!!!

No I blame the aforementioned messrs Dunford & Higgs for that bit.

But ask yourself why the board wouldn't allow him to bring anyone else in? Because he'd already spent all his budget - and more - building that squad.

To be fair FP, it really looked like we were going up that year and Holloway made a gamble to push us over the line and into what is now the Championship. The signing of Astafjevs in hindsight looks a terrible decision but HAD we gone on to get promotion it could have been inspired and kept us in the second tier.

As it was, Ronnie Mauge broke his leg playing international football and that made a critical difference at a crucial time of the season.

The whole Cureton & Roberts thing didn't help at all of course, they were on fire until that ill-fated defeat at Reading that signalled the start of the end that season.

You're right that we never really recovered after that, Championship wages in L1 destroyed us, we've never fully recovered from that.

BUT at the time I think Holloways gamble was right and well intentioned. Sadly, it was a gamble that failed but HAD Mauge not broken that leg history could have been oh so different over the last 10 or 15 years or so. Without a doubt that team provided some of the most entertaining football I've seen in a Rovers side in my 20 years or so of watching them

To be fair FP, it really looked like we were going up that year and Holloway made a gamble to push us over the line and into what is now the Championship. The signing of Astafjevs in hindsight looks a terrible decision but HAD we gone on to get promotion it could have been inspired and kept us in the second tier.

As it was, Ronnie Mauge broke his leg playing international football and that made a critical difference at a crucial time of the season.

The whole Cureton & Roberts thing didn't help at all of course, they were on fire until that ill-fated defeat at Reading that signalled the start of the end that season.

You're right that we never really recovered after that, Championship wages in L1 destroyed us, we've never fully recovered from that.

BUT at the time I think Holloways gamble was right and well intentioned. Sadly, it was a gamble that failed but HAD Mauge not broken that leg history could have been oh so different over the last 10 or 15 years or so. Without a doubt that team provided some of the most entertaining football I've seen in a Rovers side in my 20 years or so of watching them

who gives a ****? Get off our forum gas scum.

And if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

He assembled a woefully thin squad with nothing in reserve after spending big on a few first teamers. Big lesson that football is a squad game rather than the best XI.

Frankly, meh. Could not care less. So he's a Gashead, what of it? I've met the man briefly, and from that he seems a decent sort. Given the abuse he's had from us down the years, you can't blame him for bearing a grudge. I'm really not bothered.

I have met Holloway a few times and I have to be honest and admit he seems a decent bloke proud of his Bristolian heritage.If one of our players(Mr Murray springs to mind) has a cheeky swipe at the gas we love him for it.Its a bit pantomime really but great fun all the same.

This forum licks his ass aswell. Disgusting human being.

Yes some do!

As I have said many times the opposite of love is not hate its indifference! I am indifferent to his antics and his mouth particularly when it comes to us!

Don't let it worry you and certainly dont clap the man!

And if my aunt had bollocks she'd be my uncle.

He assembled a woefully thin squad with nothing in reserve after spending big on a few first teamers. Big lesson that football is a squad game rather than the best XI.

and if youre 2 strikers go on strike it doesnt matter either way

Cripes, some of you lot need to grow up a bit.

He is in a room full of testosterone enriched footie fans from Croydon and needs to get an ice breaker joke in there to smack a sarcy one across the bows of Brighton.. for obvious reasons being play off time. The simile, at our expense, is nothing but a way in to that jibe to Brighton.

Dear oh dear. No wonder football is misunderstood by people looking in and trying to understand why so many thugs watch the game or get enjoyment out of mouthing it off at some innocent victim or worse simply because their team lost. The hatred in this game knows no bounds. its pathetic.

Archived