IGNORED

Jon Stead

Lew-T

Been great for us in patches though am i alone in thinking he didnt do enough overall though?I loved his commitment at some crucial periods but he did also go missing for a half a season each year he was here either through fitness or form and considering the wages he was on and goals return was he really that great for us??But i do wish him all the best and think when on fire he was cricial to us

jonathan stead @jonstead9

I can't thank the fans and all involved with #BristolCity enough!! Been amazing and I couldn't wish for better. Sad to be leaving but Me and my family are ready to head back north so my daughter can have a closer relationship with family, cus that is what's most important..

I can't thank the fans and all involved with #BristolCity enough!! Been amazing and I couldn't wish for better. Sad to be leaving but Me and my family are ready to head back north so my daughter can have a closer relationship with family, cus that is what's most important..

Fair enough. That's for your efforts Jon.

Cardiff 3-0 New Years day 2011. Stead tore you apart. Again

A shame the rest of the squad didn't share Stead's desire and work-rate over the course of last season. Sad to see him go, he's been a great servant over a difficult time, he'll leave with 99% of fans' best wishes.

Was hoping he'd stay as I can see Baldock and Davies leaving, which will mean we're left with only one striker! All the best, Jon.

Big reason we went down by as much as we did was Stead getting injured imo. We were looking ok in SOD's set up until that point (at home anyway)- We would probably have still come down but not by as many points.

All the best to him, never seen him give anything less than 100%

Wish Jon & his family all the best for the future & thanks for all your efforts

always be welcome back to Bristol, was a good player and a fantastic pro for the club, always made time to speak to the fans and always gave 100%,

He made on secret about wanting to go back up north and still gave everything he could for the cause

Good luck Jon,

(I suspect we may see him at Sheffield Utd)

Big reason we went down by as much as we did was Stead getting injured imo. We were looking ok in SOD's set up until that point (at home anyway)- We would probably have still come down but not by as many points.

All the best to him, never seen him give anything less than 100%

Exactly, I think that was the day our fate was sealed.

Stead's been the exact opposite to what i thought he'd be. Considering our recent signings striker-wise and the fact that we tended to sign "known" players for far more than they were worth I expected another average player who would be lacklustre in terms of effort. How wrong I was. Stead has given everything for us and has been one of the few shining lights in recent seasons. A terrific player on his day and by all accounts he seems a terrific bloke. Good luck Stead, I wish you nothing but the best for the future.

Don't think it was any coincidence that our nose dive this season came when he was out injured.

Best work rate I've seen from a City player for a long time. May not have banged in the 30+ goals that some on here seem to think all strikers should, but the work he put in all around the park was invaluable for others.

Probably the only player I would have definitely kept on for next season out of the piles of turd we have had to watch this season.

Thanks for the years Jon and all the best for the future.

If Stead had stayed fit then anything could have happened, surprise he didn't receive the captaincy, best player on the pitch week in week out in terms of work ethic and commitment. As said above with Stead beginning to come to the end of his career a move back up north to be with his mother and father is probably the right thing for him. Wish him all the best.

When he limped off against Boro I thought any hope of us avoiding the drop went with him and unfortunately it turned out to be correct. (Of course we would more than likely have gone down anyway)

As I posted on another thread over the weekend I was totally against us signing him three years and I remember being quitely pleased when it looked like it had fell through. The biggest credit I can give him is that he quickly and totally won me round and he now leaves as one of my favourite players. All anybody supporting a club such as City can really ask is that the players picked on a Saturday afternoon give it their best shot and you could never accuse Steady of not doing so.

It is best for both parties that he moves on as we can't afford to offer him anything like what he is currently on and it gives him a chance to try a find a club closer to home, but I wish him all the best.

His performances in the Reading, QPR and Cardiff games in his first season and the back end of last season will live long in the memory and he does seem to be a genuinely down to earth decent guy.

Cheers for your efforts Steady.

Archived