IGNORED

Jon Stead

Lew-T

This thread has left me in shock.....

Its the first one that I have ever read where everyone seems to be in total agreement!

Someone will surely claim he was a money grabbing useless has been who could often be found half cut smoking fags on park street every Friday before a match.

+1 from me - great pro and wish there were more like him.

Sad, sad day. We were ******* dogs hit until he turned up. I would stand on the east end in disbelief watching the usual ******* let me down. We had no hope, no fight no spirit until he turned up.

I was going to take issue with those who 'didn't rate him', but maybe they're right and his technical ability wasn't the greatest, but by god god did he give us something to believe in and for me, one player who i identified with and was proud that they were pulling on our shirt.

Cheers Jon, if nothing else, you gave me belief when it had all but deserted me.

One final thing, given how sod set up to play away from home, does anyone else think we may have put up more of a fight with stead leading he line?

Total class act and will be greatly missed.An inspiration to fans and teammates alike.A real shining light in a difficult time for our club.Cheers Steady,all the best for you and your family up north.Top bloke.

Have to agree with a lot of the comments already made. Underwhelmed and disappointed when we signed him. I'd never really rated him at other clubs and thought he was a poor man's Peter Crouch. I assumed he'd be the typical big name who'd take the money and send in his performances.

Fortunately, I was wrong. Right from the off he seemed to care and showed a far greater ability than I thought him capable of. Throughout his time with us he was very unlucky with injuries, but that never stopped him showing total commitment every match.

Half the time his commitment would result in a great performance, half the time he'd be just off the pace - but that would never stop him trying.

In the end, Jon Stead and Bristol City were a good fit - sometimes that happens with players - and it'd be great to see him back here again one day in some capacity.

All the best, Jon!

jonathan stead @jonstead9

I can't thank the fans and all involved with #BristolCity enough!! Been amazing and I couldn't wish for better. Sad to be leaving but Me and my family are ready to head back north so my daughter can have a closer relationship with family, cus that is what's most important..

Exactly same reason I am coming back from Australia in July.

Good luck Jon and thanks mate.

Archived