IGNORED

Ferguson 1986 Till Today How Many Managers Have City Had In The Same Period!

gavlin

When Fergie was appointed, Moyes was playing for City!

I’m sure a few people will remember that when David Moyes was manager of Preston he wanted to become City’s manager but wasn’t given an interview. Just one of the many mistakes made over the years by various directors.

If you believe in the theory of parallel universes, then in one of them he was given the job, and Bristol City is now the No. 1 team in Europe!

Interesting question is how many of the 21 have gone on to bigger and better things (as a manager) after leaving City?

I can only really think of Tony Pulis (arguably one of the least popular managers we've had since 1986). Johnson and McInnes may yet go on to better things, and Jordan has been one of Redknapp's coaching staff at Portsmouth, Spurs and QPR - but has anyone, apart from Pulis, gone on to better things as a manager?

Is Ashton Gate a managers' graveyard?

I make it 24...though 1 full time and 1 caretaker didn't actually manage a game and 1 had 2 spells as manager, so I guess 21 different people have taken charge of games for us, unless I missed anyone out.

Coops, Big Joe (x2), Lummocks, Smith, Osman, Penis, Ward, Benny, Wilson, Tins, GJ, Copout, Millen, DelBoy, SoD. Oh and Tony Fawthrop!

17 full time bosses....that's bonkers!

Tying to think of the caretakers.... Millen, Aizlewood Shelts and Osman, Sweeney, Wigley, Docherty

I make it 24...though 1 full time and 1 caretaker didn't actually manage a game and 1 had 2 spells as manager, so I guess 21 different people have taken charge of games for us, unless I missed anyone out.

Coops, Big Joe (x2), Lummocks, Smith, Osman, Penis, Ward, Benny, Wilson, Tins, GJ, Copout, Millen, DelBoy, SoD. Oh and Tony Fawthrop!

17 full time bosses....that's bonkers!

Tying to think of the caretakers.... Millen, Aizlewood Shelts and Osman, Sweeney, Wigley, Docherty

Think I'm correct in saying that before Fawthrop was appointed that the caretaker job was shared between the so-called three wise men - the others being Dave Burnside and Leroy Rosenior.

Think I'm correct in saying that before Fawthrop was appointed that the caretaker job was shared between the so-called three wise men - the others being Dave Burnside and Leroy Rosenior.

I thought the three wise men were Aizlewood, Shelts and Osman....could be right though.... I forgot Dave Burnside and Leroy...

Either way it makes for depressing reading when comparing to some other clubs (besides Palermo of course!). There weren't many there who resigned for other jobs...most went because they were doing very very badly!

Not enough going by some of the posts on this forum!!

Remember after 2 years with nothing, Utd were going to sack Fergie, thenv Mark Robbins scored the winner in a FA Cup game and the rest is history.

Not enough going by some of the posts on this forum!!

Remember after 2 years with nothing, Utd were going to sack Fergie, thenv Mark Robbins scored the winner in a FA Cup game and the rest is history.

Incorrect.

They'd of stuck with him until the middle of the following season to see how the team were doing (as a director said on SSN yesterday).

However, I believe that that Mark Robins goal started something truly special.

Archived