IGNORED

Keeper

dilligaf

So with Gerken and Lewis Carey gone and Tom Heaton not guaranteed to sign a new contract offer looks like we maybe a bit lacking in the keeper department.

Isn't there a young American lad in the reserves who might be a number two option? Any one else any names who might fit the bill if Heaton moves on too?

What about Lee-Barrett who's just been released by Ipswich? Not Heaton but I always thought he was decent

Maybe the plan is to get a young Prem reserve on loan until Castenhiera is a bit more experienced? I've heard he's supposed to be quite promising but not seen him play

Goalkeepers are a valuable comodity but I feel as a club coming down from the championship we are an exciting prospect for a young keeper to look at furthering his career with.

Owain Fon williams? 26 - Tranmere, looked good last season - high number of clean sheets last year and bar the nightmare at home to Shrewsbury on sky, was one of their most consistent performers in a season where inconsistency cost them.

Scott Flinders? 26 - Hartlepool, Picked up pretty much every Hartlepool Player of the season award - says it all (Supporters', Players', Away & Local Rag)

Two decent league one level (and relatively young) keepers

We have been found missing with keepers really; throughout Basso's 'tenure' between the sticks, we should have been looking for a better goalkeeper to challenge him. Instead we bought in Gerken who wasn't capable of dislodging him and sat on the bench as his apprentice.

I heard that we were looking at Hartlepool's keeper, not sure who he is though...

Flinders - mentioned him in previous post (didn't see yours sorry), think he's either signed a new deal or said he wants to stay (as has their CB Peter Hartley)

Monkey hanger's excited by this and rightly so, one keeper who every 6 weeks or so gets a mention on 606 for wonder saves or keeping the score below 10.

Dylan Castanheira will be 18 in August, I think.

I haven't seen him play but he's done so for the U21s in a few of their latter games, they must rate him I guess so I wouldn't be too shocked if FFP saw him sat on the bench for us by August.

I think they hope Heaton stays but presumably Keith Burt has a plan B if he does not. With Lewis Carey and Gerken gone the budget for one main keeper is surely there if Heaton departs too.

I think heaton will stay he's been making noises about staying for a few months now,

I'd promote that young yank to number two or three and loan one in from the prem,

A Loan Premier League keeper will only be allowed to come if they are getting first team football, premier league club isn't going to loan a player to a league one club to sit on a bench, plus loans aren't free and will add no long term benefit to the club which is something we are trying to avoid, More senisble to pick up someone released from the Prem

The Yank is totally unproven and can't be relied on to be a senior keeper,

Another keeper will need to be signed

A Loan Premier League keeper will only be allowed to come if they are getting first team football, premier league club isn't going to loan a player to a league one club to sit on a bench, plus loans aren't free and will add no long term benefit to the club which is something we are trying to avoid, More senisble to pick up someone released from the Prem

The Yank is totally unproven and can't be relied on to, be a senior keeper

Another keeper will need to be signed

as was henderson but look at the stink kicked up on here when he wasn't made number one after basso threw his toys out the pram,

We are a league one club now can't really afford two senior keepers,

Heaton No1 Pat Cash Number 2 and bring in a loan if ether get injured (after alll thats what the emergancy loan thing is designed for)

As long as Heaton stays I'd imagine Dylan Castanheira being around will be enough for the time being. Heaton hasn't had any injury issues and there's always emergency loans so with our wage cutting plans a third Goalkeeper isn't a priority.

Speaking of keepers, not seen it mentioned anywhere else on this forum - Luke McCormick has been re-signed by Plymouth causing quite a bit of contaversy down there. A few Argyle fan mates of mine are fuming at the club.

Speaking of keepers, not seen it mentioned anywhere else on this forum - Luke McCormick has been re-signed by Plymouth causing quite a bit of contaversy down there. A few Argyle fan mates of mine are fuming at the club.

Fully understandable

If Heaton signs there's no need to sign another keeper. He doesn't get injured often so no worries there. For a while now we have probably thrown quite a lot of wages away at having several senior keepers at the club. James and Gerken, Heaton and Gerken, of course Basso and Weale. There's no need for two senior GKs unless one is prone to injuries - its a key area where we can save a bit of cash.

Archived