IGNORED

New Bt Sports Channels

Slack Bladder

I have BT Broadband and have Sky...

So can anyone confirm that as I have Broadband account, I can receive it via Sky.......

No you cannot. You'll need a separate box.

"Access to the broadband service will reqire a set-top box, either from YouView or Vision+ box for BT TV, both of which are available via BT. After the first year, BT Sport will cost £3 per month to BT customers."

I guess the purpose of BT's campaign is to invest lots of money in high speed internet and use it as a means to compete with Sky and show PL football. It's a good move by them.

I have BT Broadband and have Sky...

So can anyone confirm that as I have Broadband account, I can receive it via Sky.......

Yes, you get it for free but you have to contact BT to set it up.

"BT customers who also subscribe to Sky will be able to access the channels for free via their dish too".

As for the price.....DOUBLE what ESPN were charging. :grr:

If you look on your sky channels, it should be there already waiting to air in August. Ch 413 & ch 414.

If you have BT broadband and Sky, you just need to give BT your sky details including viewing card number etc and you will be able to watch via your sky box for free.

If you aren't with BT for broadband and you switch to them you will get the BT sport channels free and be automatically upgraded to the HD version free for the first 12 months.

I'm also hoping to use it as a bartering tool to drive down my sky sports prices (again) at renewal.

I do worry this might harm sky sports. People have differing views on its impact to domestic football but its sports coverage is second to none.

bt have first choice of the games too so games like man u vs liverpool wont be on sky sports, sky have really dropped the ball big time. I think a little competition is long overdue and sky have had the monopoly for far too long. the sky execs must be in deep discussion at the moment on how to deal with this as their biggest worry will be all their broadband customers going back to bt. i do like skys coverage but the bbc seem to add that extra polish to me that sky cant quite match. it will be interesting to see what the bt offering will be like

So games will be on 3 different channels next year correct?

Only two subscriptions required Sky and then BT which will incorporate anything left on ESPN which is just FA Cup I believe, Sky have still got four of the six packages of TV rights so I don't think BT get the best fixtures just more better choices than ESPN had. I think there's definitely more animosity between Sky and BT as the later is a threat while ESPN was like a little brother ....

Just to clarify - as some didn't seem too sure about the deal.

I have Sky inc sky sports and also have BT Broadband internet.

If you are the same you can "order" BT Sport via the BT Sport website and it's free. you just need your

sky viewing card number (find on screen via your remote TV Guide/settings/system details).

I have signed up today - no charge - it's free so long as you keep your BT Broadband Internet account, the football is in HD

& that is also free although HD will cost £3 per month on your phone bill after 12 months (or you can continue to watch in normal definition TV for free.)

You can - if you don't have sky but have BT Broadband - stream the football live to your PC/tablet/phone either by free app or logging on to their website and watching it on their online player (like i-player) , obviously you can connect your PC via HDMI cable to your flat screen TV for the full effect. You need your BT Broadband A/C number to access the bt online player.

Finally you can - as I understand - watch via a bt vision box which costs £199 or £5 p.month to rent, again you need a BT Broadband account.

If you don't have BT Broadband you can add BT Sport channels to your sky pkg for £12 p.month

If you don't have Sky or BT Broadband you can't get it unless you stream illegally (or maybe use someone else's BT account number :-) )

The content is 38 live PL games of which 19 are first picks

plus FA cup, EUEFA Leag, and German Italian, French, and Brazil 1st division games. (plus PL rugby, tennis etc)

Alas no city games !!

Hope this helps

think its getting too complicated and too expensive we cancelled our shy and went to virgin its going to be hard to watch all the live games on tv and go down the gate or go away think in the end I will listen to the radio like i have for years a lot cheaper as well good old bbc five live

think its getting too complicated and too expensive we cancelled our shy and went to virgin its going to be hard to watch all the live games on tv and go down the gate or go away think in the end I will listen to the radio like i have for years a lot cheaper as well good old bbc five live

Virgin isn't fit to tie sky's boots !!!

Virgin isn't fit to tie sky's boots !!!

Maybe... but the Virgin cable broadband is far superior to anything Sky and BT can deliver at present... ADSN sucks...the future is fibre optic... and although BT Infinity has only just reached the remote outpost of Yate, their broadband fibre optic speeds are still a fraction of what you can get with cable broadband (Virgin 100 Mb, BT Infinity in Yate 18Mb max) - though this is mainly due to the copper wire links from your local loop to your house - the further away you are the slower our speed.

Since I work from home and need fast broadband speeds, I'm tied to Virgin at the moment, but I do envy the Sky TV packages. What galls me is why the Competition Commission (formerly the Monopolies Commission) allows Virgin to have a monopoly on cable broadband - it's like BT and the phones all over again.

The sooner we get proper competition for cable broadband, the better deals we'll get.

If you are the same you can "order" BT Sport via the BT Sport website and it's free. you just need your

sky viewing card number (find on screen via your remote TV Guide/settings/system details).

I have signed up today - no charge - it's free so long as you keep your BT Broadband Internet account, the football is in HD

& that is also free although HD will cost £3 per month on your phone bill after 12 months (or you can continue to watch in normal definition TV for free.)

You can - if you don't have sky but have BT Broadband - stream the football live to your PC/tablet/phone either by free app or logging on to their website and watching it on their online player (like i-player) , obviously you can connect your PC via HDMI cable to your flat screen TV for the full effect. You need your BT Broadband A/C number to access the bt online player.

Finally you can - as I understand - watch via a bt vision box which costs £199 or £5 p.month to rent, again you need a BT Broadband account.

If you don't have BT Broadband you can add BT Sport channels to your sky pkg for £12 p.month

If you don't have Sky or BT Broadband you can't get it unless you stream illegally (or maybe use someone else's BT account number :-) )

plus FA cup, EUEFA Leag, and German Italian, French, and Brazil 1st division games. (plus PL rugby, tennis etc)

Alas no city games !!

Hope this helps

Top man cheers for that.

Alas no city games !!

Hope this helps

No City games!!!!!!

You forgot our FA Cup runs......

I've just signed up too.

Have BT Broadband..

BUT...

You can only get BT Sports free on one box.... I have multi room, and at this moment in time they cannot answer how the other boxes will receive BT Sports..

I have a feeling that this cold cost to get all boxes connected..

You also have to have a Sky box that has a dual slot..

Not sure if they have fully thought this through....!

Hmmm - will need a bit of consideration. I've currently got Sky Sports package and Virgin broadband - I've been told that there's nothing out there to equal Virgin broadband at the moment, so wouldn't want to drop that.

I know that market competition is supposed to stop the monopoly of Sky, but it never seems to bring the prices down.

Competition breeds innovation, monopolisation breeds stagnation.

This is a good thing

But there is not competition really is there? Every channel has exclusive rights to specific matches, so the situation now is that if you want to watch all the football that you could have watched 5 years ago under one package you now have to purchase 3 packages (that are all now more expensive than the one was 5 years ago). If this were changed to 3 channels being able to pick any matches that they want then that would be competition.

I've just signed up too.

Have BT Broadband..

BUT...

You can only get BT Sports free on one box.... I have multi room, and at this moment in time they cannot answer how the other boxes will receive BT Sports..

I have a feeling that this cold cost to get all boxes connected..

You also have to have a Sky box that has a dual slot..

Not sure if they have fully thought this through....!

You sign up with your BT account no and enter your sky viewing card no as well - as you no doubt know already know - but the second multi room box has a different sky viewing card number.

I assume BT let sky know you have signed on for BT sport and Sky then enable your account/card so you can receive BT Sport channels - perhaps sky will enable both viewing cards as they are linked at sky? We will have to wait and see.

Presumably Sky are charging BT to host the channels, so maybe there's an incentive for them to update your account.

i think all boxes are dual slot? I assume you mean the viewing card slot plus the interactive slot - I don't think BT need to send out any cards....it's all enabled at sky.

Archived