IGNORED

New Bt Sports Channels

Slack Bladder

You sign up with your BT account no and enter your sky viewing card no as well - as you no doubt know already know - but the second multi room box has a different sky viewing card number.

I assume BT let sky know you have signed on for BT sport and Sky then enable your account/card so you can receive BT Sport channels - perhaps sky will enable both viewing cards as they are linked at sky? We will have to wait and see.

Presumably Sky are charging BT to host the channels, so maybe there's an incentive for them to update your account.

i think all boxes are dual slot? I assume you mean the viewing card slot plus the interactive slot - I don't think BT need to send out any cards....it's all enabled at sky.

That's what I thought, but guy at BT advised that they will be sending out a card that goes into the 2nd slot.

This access's your BT programmes..

That's what I thought, but guy at BT advised that they will be sending out a card that goes into the 2nd slot.

This access's your BT programmes..

Ok thanks for that - I did it online and the message said "don't remove your card during the sign up process as we need to update it" !

We'll have to wait & see what happens ............ .......probably nothing will work and it will be back to streaming !

Glad I havn't spent any money on it

Not sure, BT have bought ESPN UK and their TV rights so they are really going for it. you will get ESPN with BT

I've had notification from Sky that my ESPN subscription is due to end. I just assumed that Sky were buying BT games and showing them via their HD box. Looks as if that not the case.

I don't want to buy a BT box.

I've had notification from Sky that my ESPN subscription is due to end. I just assumed that Sky were buying BT games and showing them via their HD box. Looks as if that not the case.

I don't want to buy a BT box.

You won't have to, you will still be able to get them via your Sky HD box.

If you don't have BT Broadband/Infinity and you switch then you can get BT Sport 1, 2 and ESPN for free. If you already have BT broadband/Infinity then you are sorted.

If you don't have BT Broadband and don't want it, then you can pay a subscription fee for the channels (BT Sport 1, 2 & ESPN) which I believe is £12 PM (£15 in HD).

You won't have to, you will still be able to get them via your Sky HD box.

If you don't have BT Broadband/Infinity and you switch then you can get BT Sport 1, 2 and ESPN for free. If you already have BT broadband/Infinity then you are sorted.

If you don't have BT Broadband and don't want it, then you can pay a subscription fee for the channels (BT Sport 1, 2 & ESPN) which I believe is £12 PM (£15 in HD).

Thanks for the explanation.

I was paying £10 a month for ESPN so looks like I'll be paying a fiver more next season.

But there is not competition really is there? Every channel has exclusive rights to specific matches, so the situation now is that if you want to watch all the football that you could have watched 5 years ago under one package you now have to purchase 3 packages (that are all now more expensive than the one was 5 years ago). If this were changed to 3 channels being able to pick any matches that they want then that would be competition.

Exactly. This is harmful for the consumer and bad for football as people will just stream more

Archived