IGNORED

Cole, Good Luck.

LocoPal

Can't help but agree that I find it a bitter pill to swallow.

Found parts of his statement quite arrogant, as if he knew all along he had no intention if signing a contract, would get a contract somewhere else, therefore the club get bugger all for him and he puts the worst year of his career into the last on his contract.

Takes the money, lets his contract wind down and never once putting his foot in when needed. No wonder players waltzed past him with such ease this season. Makes me actually feel for DMC in a small way.

I know this is the positive CS thread but Maynard got dogs abuse and rightly so, but can anyone explain what CS has done differently? Apart from chipping in with any goals at least Micky did that

What about dedicating 17 years of his life to BCFC?

I know supporters do a lot more than that but if you think he never put his foot in why are you so bothered about him leaving?

So. *******. What. I'm so sick of people trying to find reasons to hate him. He's a decent midfield player who probably would have done more with his career if he'd left earlier. Yes he was part of the team that got relegated, but he was also part of a team that stayed in the Championship for a number of years. Aside from all discussions about how much talent he had, I think he's better away from such a bitter, twisted bunch of supporters

PS not aimed just at you S.Bcity, but at many on here

I don't hate him I just did not rate him, I've put my reasons in why I did not rate him, no goals, no assists which is poor for a player in his position and could not stop the opposition basically do what they like especially last season.

What did you rate?

Which part of the ground do this horrid section of fans sit in Dolly?

Just that I've never heard this s***, in fact I'd say he's always had great support at games.

Part of the ground? No, behind their keyboards...

I don't hate him I just did not rate him, I've put my reasons in why I did not rate him, no goals, no assists which is poor for a player in his position and could not stop the opposition basically do what they like especially last season.

What did you rate?

No you didn't; you complained about how much he got paid, implied him to be a mercenary and then said he'd have done more with more of a killer instinct

I've never thought him to be a world beater and there have been games where I've been disappointed that he hasn't asserted himself more, especially physically but he had a decent work rate, his range of passing was under-rated and he was a good tackler. For me what's missing from his game is an awareness, especially around when get forward or get back or take a foul for the team but I'd argue the coaching he's recieved has to take some of the blame for that. I've actually always thought he'd be better a little higher up the pitch- not 'in-behind-the-strikers' high, but just given a little less to do in front of the back four. At the end of last season he played very well alongside Cisse

I'm not trying to tell people their opinion on Skuse is wrong (it is, but it's a valid opinion nonetheless), but I don't see why someone posting a 'good luck' message to a dyed-in-the-wool City fan who's moving on has to be jumped upon every time

So for all those that don't hate him, but just think he wasn't that good. Why post on this thread, why get all arsey about skuse leaving.

If you don't hate him, just say good luck Cole. After all if he was rubbish surely you are glad he is off the pay roll? Or is he good enough now, that he should have signed for us, so we got a transfer fee?... but that wouldn't of worked, because he was rubbish, and then we would have been stuck with him, as another team would not have signed rubbish.

No you didn't; you complained about how much he got paid, implied him to be a mercenary and then said he'd have done more with more of a killer instinct

Maybe I'm just more cynical than you, funny how this new challenge he now needs coincides with a relegation and the end of ridiculous wages at BCFC though don't you think?

Maybe I'm just more cynical than you, funny how this new challenge he now needs coincides with a relegation and the end of ridiculous wages at BCFC though don't you think?

Or just the fact he's out of contract....this would probably happened regardless if we stayed up or not.

Amazingly some people despite 300+ game for city STILL don't understand his role in the team and judge him on lack of goals.

Lets put it into context

Skuse - 300odd - 9 goals

Players of his position

Claude Makelele - 607 games - 18 goals

Jon Obi Mikel - 188 games - 1 goal

Joe Allen - 180 games - 8 goals

Defensive midfielders don't score many goals!!!

Or just the fact he's out of contract....this would probably happened regardless if we stayed up or not.

Amazingly some people despite 300+ game for city STILL don't understand his role in the team and judge him on lack of goals.

Lets put it into context

Skuse - 300odd - 9 goals

Players of his position

Claude Makelele - 607 games - 18 goals

Jon Obi Mikel - 188 games - 1 goal

Joe Allen - 180 games - 8 goals

Defensive midfielders don't score many goals!!!

... but don't these other players cover and track back?

I'd rather he was a decent centre midfielder than being mr nice and turning up for things when asked! 307 games 9 goals. Probably not many more assists in that time and part of a side that lost 27 bloody league games when getting relegated.

I'd rather he was a decent centre midfielder than being mr nice and turning up for things when asked! 307 games 9 goals. Probably not many more assists in that time and part of a side that lost 27 bloody league games when getting relegated.

Absolutely. It's funny isn't it? Skuse has hardly put in a handful of decent shifts in the last couple of seasons. Yet because he turns up at all the extracurricular stuff he's bloody ace.

On the other hand Elliot, who has run himself into the ground trying to fight off relegation (while Skuse negotiated his move to Ipswich) is criticised on another thread because he didn't turn up to some poxy end of season party or something.

People wondering what is wrong with our club should ponder on this a minute. Too many fans too close to the club seem more interested in becoming the players' friends rather than wanting the best results.

Skuse has never put up with any shit, as far as I am concerned no player has received such overwhelming support from the club. How many other players received their specially dedicated call out form Dave L when the teams are read out?

Comparisons with Makele etc are absurd. Skuse offers about as much protection of the back four as wet lettuce. But of course that couldn't possibly be his fault in anyway because he's brilliant and if you can't see that, well you must hate him.

Absolutely. It's funny isn't it? Skuse has hardly put in a handful of decent shifts in the last couple of seasons. Yet because he turns up at all the extracurricular stuff he's bloody ace.

On the other hand Elliot, who has run himself into the ground trying to fight off relegation (while Skuse negotiated his move to Ipswich) is criticised on another thread because he didn't turn up to some poxy end of season party or something.

People wondering what is wrong with our club should ponder on this a minute. Too many fans too close to the club seem more interested in becoming the players' friends rather than wanting the best results.

Skuse has never put up with any shit, as far as I am concerned no player has received such overwhelming support from the club. How many other players received their specially dedicated call out form Dave L when the teams are read out?

Comparisons with Makele etc are absurd. Skuse offers about as much protection of the back four as wet lettuce. But of course that couldn't possibly be his fault in anyway because he's brilliant and if you can't see that, well you must hate him.

Absolutely spot on!

Elliott never turned up to some end of season party - boo bloody hoo

I guess tomorrows topic of discussion is in no doubt then mate !!

By the way , if anyone is not aware , we are holding a fundraising evening for a fellow red tomorrow at Bar BS3. If anyone can spare the time , please pop along and show your support. Thanks.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/154579-win-a-pair-of-adomahs-signed-boots/#entry1785603

Probably due to the shit he's put up with from a section of our fans over the years.

I for one will miss him. Saw his worth on the field, and off it, he was a gentleman, a great role model for our fans and always happy to turn up to stuff when asked.

Thank you Skusey.

Im quite suprised in this post....as to be fair, your talking utter sh*t.

Ive never once heard him get a abuse from a "section" of the ground.

On here....hes not rated by many, myself included. This abuse you talk about? Pfft

This bloke will be back in the West Country within 2 years, wait and see

Agree with all of this, also I would like to know who's been booing him? Cos I never heard nothing myself, seems that fans are trying to justify his leaving because of a certain section of the crowd giving him abuse. Like all footballers regardless of being a City fan he's in it for himself down to money due to the short lifespan, surely if he loved the club as much as he says he does he would take a wage cut to help bring City back to the Championship.

If he can negotiate a very good deal with Ipswich then good luck to him but for me he wont be missed, a below average midfielder, who time and time again allowed players to ghost past him and for a defensive midfielder thats pretty poor. He has pretty much coasted throughout his career and has the odd decent game once in a while. He may flourish there, he may not but he's gone now so tata Cole.

Archived