IGNORED

We Need A Lot Of Players

fabio

If he stays Killy will be the main man next season

Afraid so.

Not thrilled by that but hopefully SoD can bring the best out in him. I would be surprised if a club offered money for him. If they do it will be absolute peanuts. I would accept any half decent fee for Killa though.

Only 14 left?

Really?

I've got us at having 26 left! (Six haven't made a first team appearance yet though but still 20).

Goal (1): Dylan Castanheira

Defence (8): Jack Batten, Louis Carey, Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, Lewin Nyatanga, James Wilson.

Midfield (13): Albert Adomah, Toby Ajala, Paul Anderson, Joe Bryan, Wes Burns, Luke Dobie, Marvin Elliott, Lewis Hall, Rhys Jordan, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson, Bobby Reid.

Forward (4): Sam Baldock, Steven Davies, Kevin Krans, Ryan Taylor.

And then,

Unknown situations (2): Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Tom King

Afraid so.

Not thrilled by that but hopefully SoD can bring the best out in him. I would be surprised if a club offered money for him. If they do it will be absolute peanuts. I would accept any half decent fee for Killa though.

We have no idea what his reduced wages are but I suspect they are still high enough to obstruct even a free transfer and/or high enough that they could be put to better use elsewhere. Either way I cannot see us being offered any substantial fee or holding out for one if an offer to match or better his wages were to be made.

Only 14 left?

Really?

I've got us at having 26 left! (Six haven't made a first team appearance yet though but still 20).

Defence (8): Jack Batten, Louis Carey, Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, Lewin Nyatanga, James Wilson.

Midfield (13): Albert Adomah, Toby Ajala, Paul Anderson, Joe Bryan, Wes Burns, Luke Dobie, Marvin Elliott, Lewis Hall, Rhys Jordan, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson, Bobby Reid.

And then,

14 squad players the rest are under 21s

What makes you think that any money you get from the sale of players will be available to sign new players? Remember if you pay big money for players then generally those type of players are also asking for high wages. I think you will find that all the players you get in will be much lower earners. It can be a good thing because those type of players will generally have a lot more pride and play with passion which in a lot of cases can make up for the lack of ability.

What makes you think that any money you get from the sale of players will be available to sign new players? Remember if you pay big money for players then generally those type of players are also asking for high wages. I think you will find that all the players you get in will be much lower earners. It can be a good thing because those type of players will generally have a lot more pride and play with passion which in a lot of cases can make up for the lack of ability.

Who said anything about big fees? But if we can pay 50k here and 150k there, we might be able to prize away some lower league gems.

Only 14 left?

Really?

And then,

Sigh ! The 14 are the remaining contracted players:

ie - Maloney Cunningham Foster Wilson Fontaine Adomah Elliott Kelly Kilkenny Pearson Anderson Baldock Davies Taylor

Carey and Nyatanga have been offered deals but may nor accept - Heaton didn't

The rest of your names (inc Burns Reid Bryan) are in the U21 squad

SOD wants 18-20 1st team squad - and a shadow U21 squad who he will use to replace a 1st teamer when injuries, loss of form etc strike. therefore Burns Reid Bryan are in pole position to play/be subs. the rest of the U21's havn't made their debuts yet

If Carey signs and Nyatange doesn't - and Albert leaves along with 2 others (all very possible) , that leaves scope for 6-8 1st team to come in.

which is a lot of new players and can only be good.......some of us might like more to leave but they are under contract and SOD/Keith Burt seem to be doing their best to effect as much change as they can - given the contract situation.

Let's give them a chance - and see how the squad looks in August

Sigh ! The 14 are the remaining contracted players:

ie - Maloney Cunningham Foster Wilson Fontaine Adomah Elliott Kelly Kilkenny Pearson Anderson Baldock Davies Taylor

Carey and Nyatanga have been offered deals but may nor accept - Heaton didn't

The rest of your names (inc Burns Reid Bryan) are in the U21 squad

SOD wants 18-20 1st team squad - and a shadow U21 squad who he will use to replace a 1st teamer when injuries, loss of form etc strike. therefore Burns Reid Bryan are in pole position to play/be subs. the rest of the U21's havn't made their debuts yet

If Carey signs and Nyatange doesn't - and Albert leaves along with 2 others (all very possible) , that leaves scope for 6-8 1st team to come in.

which is a lot of new players and can only be good.......some of us might like more to leave but they are under contract and SOD/Keith Burt seem to be doing their best to effect as much change as they can - given the contract situation.

Let's give them a chance - and see how the squad looks in August

Maloney Cunningham Foster Wilson Fontaine Adomah Elliott Kelly Kilkenny Pearson Anderson Baldock Davies Taylor

I would only want to keep the names not crossed out.

Pipedream

There will be a large turn over but what is key in all of this is that we get new faces in EARLY. They will be young, will need to bed into new surroundings and team mates and will need to get used to SOD's style of play before the season starts if we are going to have any chance of success. I prey to all false gods that we sort ourselves out early doors

What makes you think that any money you get from the sale of players will be available to sign new players? Remember if you pay big money for players then generally those type of players are also asking for high wages. I think you will find that all the players you get in will be much lower earners. It can be a good thing because those type of players will generally have a lot more pride and play with passion which in a lot of cases can make up for the lack of ability.[/quote

What do you know, you prob think we have a chairman looking to get his money back, he may, he may not. Either way if we sell Albert for min of 1.5 mill we will get two new players in to replace and build the team. They may only be for small amounts of cash. We ARE NOT going to making big signings. Not that you gas heads know what that is like.

Maloney Cunningham Foster Wilson Fontaine Adomah Elliott Kelly Kilkenny Pearson Anderson Baldock Davies Taylor

I would only want to keep the names not crossed out.

Pipedream

The players you crossed out will still be here next season so we have to make do and build on them.

The 14 I have are

Goal -

Defence -

Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, James Wilson

Offers

Lewin Nyatanga ? Louis Carey ?

Midfield

Albert Adomah, Paul Anderson,Marvin Elliott, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson,

U21s

Bobby Reid. Joe Bryan, Wes Burns

Forward (4): Sam Baldock, Steven Davies,, Ryan Taylor.

U21s

Kevin Krans

But it's 13 if Elliott is out of contract.

Can anyone confirm

The 14 I have are

Goal -

Defence -

Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, James Wilson

Offers

Lewin Nyatanga ? Louis Carey ?

Midfield

Albert Adomah, Paul Anderson,Marvin Elliott, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson,

U21s

Bobby Reid. Joe Bryan, Wes Burns

Forward (4): Sam Baldock, Steven Davies,, Ryan Taylor.

U21s

Kevin Krans

But it's 13 if Elliott is out of contract.

Can anyone confirm

That's right I think. Not so certain the U21s but that's the senior players, though I reckon we'll lose Adomah and maybe Davies.

The one thing that worries me is how much room SOD has to manoeuvre with the centre of midfield. We've got 3, arguably 4, players there already and I reckon that's the area where we need to strengthen the most.

If Adomah and Davies do go and Nyatanga and Carey stay I reckon the 6 players we'd get in are 2 keepers, one CB, 2 strikers, a winger and a central midfielder...

I would like to see 2 defenders come in, if Cunningham or Maloney get injured then we only have foster and Wilson to replace maybe Fontaine / nyatanga if we get 2 solid centre backs

Bryan could go in at the back if needed

Will need to replace Albert if he goes which is pretty likely. A quality centre mid, but I think they will go with what we got there to start.

One striker poss two if Davies goes.

I think the likes of Bryan burns and Reid will step up when players are injured and most probably play in the cup games.

Plus 2 keepers is a must.

The 14 I have are

Can anyone confirm

Goal (0):

Goal U21 (1): Dylan Castanheira

Defence (5): Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, James Wilson.

Defence U21 (1): Jack Batten.

Midfield (6): Albert Adomah, Paul Anderson, Marvin Elliott, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson.

Midfield U21 (7): Toby Ajala, Joe Bryan, Wes Burns, Luke Dobie, Lewis Hall, Rhys Jordan, Bobby Reid.

Forward (3): Sam Baldock, Steven Davies, Ryan Taylor.

Forward U21 (1): Kevin Krans.

And then,

Unknown situations (4): Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Louis Carey, Tom King, Lewin Nyatanga.

Goal (0):

Goal U21 (1): Dylan Castanheira

Defence (5): Greg Cunningham, Liam Fontaine, Richard Foster, Brendan Moloney, James Wilson.

Defence U21 (1): Jack Batten.

Midfield (6): Albert Adomah, Paul Anderson, Marvin Elliott, Liam Kelly, Neil Kilkenny, Stephen Pearson.

Midfield U21 (7): Toby Ajala, Joe Bryan, Wes Burns, Luke Dobie, Lewis Hall, Rhys Jordan, Bobby Reid.

Forward (3): Sam Baldock, Steven Davies, Ryan Taylor.

Forward U21 (1): Kevin Krans.

And then,

Unknown situations (4): Aaron Amadi-Holloway, Louis Carey, Tom King, Lewin Nyatanga.

I would imagine we will lose Albert and either Davies or Baldock as well.

Lot's of rebuilding to be done but it's what we all want. It will be an interesting and busy summer that's for sure!

My Team for next season at the moment

Keeper - new player

Defence -

Cunningham

New player

Fontaine / nyatanga - new player preferred

Maloney

Midfield

Albert or new player when sold

Elliott / Kelly

New player

Anderson

Strikers

Davies / new striker

Boldock/ Taylor

Subs/reserves

Defence

Nyatanga / Fontaine

Carey

Foster

Wilson

Midfield

Kilkenny

Kelly / Elliott

Pearson

Strikers

Taylor

New player

U21s with experience

Bryan

Burns

Reid

With the right players brought in I think it looks pretty good but we need 6 strong young players to fit into the first team which is a challenge

Exciting times!!!!

I think the likes of Bryan burns and Reid will step up when players are injured and most probably play in the cup games.

I wouldn't mind a year's salary to play City's cup games - even allowing for the 50% increase next season up to 3!

I wouldn't mind a year's salary to play City's cup games - even allowing for the 50% increase next season up to 3!

Not sure what you mean by this, 50% increase in what? And sounds like your slating the fact they get paid ? Please explain.

Not sure what you mean by this, 50% increase in what? And sounds like your slating the fact they get paid ? Please explain.

His point is we normally only get 2 cup games a season. Now we're in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy we'll get a third match but, given our general cup performances, probably no more than that. So if we had players we were only using in the cups they'd be paid to only play 3 games a season.

I thought it was quite funny personally!

Archived