IGNORED

We Need A Lot Of Players

fabio

With only 14 players left in contract and no keepers there's a lot of shopping to do this summer. If nyatanga goes to hudds. Going on the comments of having a first team squad of 20/21 with unDer 21s as back up. That makes it 6 out field players and 2 keepers to sign. More if we lose Albert/ baldock/ Davies/ or Cunningham.

Going to be an interesting summer,

To be honest this is what fans have been crying out for for three seasons, a chance for SoD to put his stamp on the team, not having a team primarily made up of the previous encumbants left overs, just a pity a couple more have another year on their contracts.

To be honest this is what fans have been crying out for for three seasons, a chance for SoD to put his stamp on the team, not having a team primarily made up of the previous encumbrances left overs, just a pity a couple more have another year on their contracts.

Exactly right.

Good chance to rip it all up and start again.

Keith Burt seems to have it covered though.

By releasing 2 GK we must have been already lining up one - even before Heaton left (which can't have been much of a surprise)

So 14 in contract, plus Carey plus (maybe ) Nyatanga = 16. & maybe 1 - 3 more out subject to acceptable offers

With SOD wanting 18-20 plus u-21's (Burns,Reid, Bryan in u-21's)

it could be between 4 and 8 players coming in, inc. 2 GK's (1 exp. + 1 u21 IMO) + New Assist. Head Coach, + Tinnion .

Isn't that what we wanted?

I would like to keep Davies but not too bothered if he moves on creating the cash to buy 2 new players no point if its out with him and replace him with another big earner like Phillips which has been suggested in previous posts. Albert should give us say 1.5/2mill minimum to spend hopefully more but either way again buy 2 maybe 3 new players that want to play and grow with us

With only 14 players left in contract and no keepers there's a lot of shopping to do this summer. If nyatanga goes to hudds. Going on the comments of having a first team squad of 20/21 with unDer 21s as back up. That makes it 6 out field players and 2 keepers to sign. More if we lose Albert/ baldock/ Davies/ or Cunningham.

Anyone know what the SP is regarding contracts for Curtis Jones, Nathan Battersby and Aaron Amadi-Holloway?

By releasing 2 GK we must have been already lining up one - even before Heaton left (which can't have been much of a surprise)

So 14 in contract, plus Carey plus (maybe ) Nyatanga = 16. & maybe 1 - 3 more out subject to acceptable offers

it could be between 4 and 8 players coming in, inc. 2 GK's (1 exp. + 1 u21 IMO) + New Assist. Head Coach, + Tinnion .

Yes it is mate I was under the impression the squad would be 20/21 not 18 to 20. Do you think Burns Reid and Bryan will be included in that or remain in u21s and play here and there?

Yes it is mate I was under the impression the squad would be 20/21 not 18 to 20. Do you think Burns Reid and Bryan will be included in that or remain in u21s and play here and there?

Well SOD said 14 contracted so that doesn't include Burns Reid and Bryan, as he counts them as part of the U21 squad but I'm sure

we'll see them given a fair chance. Playing them at Charlton was significant and Bryan indicated in a recent interview that he expects to be involved in the 1st team next season and that he was basicaslly told the reason he was loaned was to gain experience for next season.

So really the 18-20 will be 20/21 with the 3 young lads joining in.

I think the plan is they all train together anyway (Senior + U21)

You can't win with some people can you! It's what is needed. We have a quality coach and have a knowledgeable DoF who seems to have been trying to sort out our scouting, looking abroad as well. This coming season is about laying the foundations. I for one, am looking forward to it a lot.

You can't win with some people can you! It's what is needed. We have a quality coach and have a knowledgeable DoF who seems to have been trying to sort out our scouting, looking abroad as well. This coming season is about laying the foundations. I for one, am looking forward to it a lot.

Well said fella.

Not sure why your saying you can't win with some people everyone on this post is happy and looking forward to the rebuild

Not sure why your saying you can't win with some people everyone on this post is happy and looking forward to the rebuild

My bad, thought you were worried about only having 14 players left. As you said it will be an exciting summer.

Yes, i think you're right and agree.

My only query is that SOD has already said that our current squad is taking up 80% of our budget. If Carey & Nyatanga sign that will be an even higher percentage. This implies that there would be limited budget to bring in those 4-8 players, unless we sell. I think we can assume that Albert will move on but i'm not convinced there will be much movement with many of our other contracted players...?

Ill be happy just seeing good football and finishing mid table to be honest. Will be I big improvement in recent seasons at the bottom. Don't care who were playing as long as I enjoy the football and see us play well, playoffs would be fantastic

The only bad thing for me so far is that it looks as tho Fontaine will be staying.

Hope he regains his confidence, although he's been terrible he could be ok in league 1, hope so anyway if not drop him and replace him in jan is the only option unless we get 2 centre half's and have him on bench

Hope he regains his confidence, although he's been terrible he could be ok in league 1, hope so anyway if not drop him and replace him in jan is the only option unless we get 2 centre half's and have him on bench

I just think he needs to move on regardless of how well he plays this year, hes part of 'the core' of the team we've had for a number of years now which has gone rotton and i feel BCFC and Fontaine need a fresh start.

Unfortunately a lot of the contracted players are the poor players we have been forced to watch the season just gone. Fontaine, Pearson, Foster, Kilkenny, Elliot, J Wilson.

Archived