IGNORED

Don't Shoot The Messenger

Andy Horsman

Anything to get out of the trip to Botswana? :whistle:

Agree SO'D doesn't look comfortable ( but has he ever?) and O'Kelly'd departure could be seen as ominous.

Can't see him wanting to do endless interviews explaining his philosophy to a new set of fans again so soon but this is Bristol City we're talking about and if there's one club guaranteed to be unpredictable and spring surprises it's this one.

My gut feeling with SO'D is I simply don't have one and if we woke up tomorrow to news he was moving to Wolves it certainly wouldn't be a shock.

Having just caught up with recent interviews with SO'D and Burt on Player I've completely changed my mind - he's absolutely determined to stay at City and build the club.

SO'D leaving for Wolves or anyone else? More chance of Louis Carey rejecting his new contract!!

Must admit I thought he might be Wolves choice as soon as I heard Saunders had gone. Might also be why O'Kelly left.

I might be a complete asshole but if I was O'Kelly and I knew there was a strong chance of my gaffer leaving, I'd be hanging on to my job for a couple more weeks then taking the pay off when the new guy comes in and wants to bring his own assistant

I can't see anything in this, SO'D has come in and straight away started to mould the club in his own way.

He's an intelligent bloke, and I doubt he'd leave us as he's got everything he wants: a chance to rebuild with little pressure, in a league where it's much easier to give youth a chance. Even the most fickle football fan must understand that failure to achieve promotion at the first attempt will not matter as long as the long term plan the club desperately needs is in action. We need sustainability and SO'D is the man to bring it.

Besides, he has just brought in Pemberton and made Burt DoF, both of whom he has worked with before.

The way I see it, he is in it for the long run.

It'll be interesting to see halfway next season if we are bottom of league 1 all those saying "Wish he'd gone to Wolves in May!"

For me the jury is still out on SOD, but I hope he is the guy for us and turns things around. We are in need of a run of good luck, but I believe Ashton Gate is jinxed in some way, evil spirits lingereth there. :D

Walsall don't know what they are talking about.No, he's waiting for SOD to jack any moment now (obviously more loose ends to tie up than anticipated from the date of the original post) and is going to Wolves with him.But don't shoot the messenger.

Don't know what your problem is. I'm only repeating what my mate, a Wolves Season Ticket Holder, texted me earlier.

There are some complete knobends on this forum. My original post merely pointed out that my mate had sent me a text asking if 'we' had heard any rumours about our Head Coach departing as Wolves fans were speculating on a forum about their club going for SO'D. Another poster kindly posted a link from the Wolves forum. At no point have I claimed to be ITK, or having one of those mystery inside sources at AG or claimed to have seen S'OD in Tipton having a fried slice with Steve Morgan. What's the point of having a forum, if by posting speculation from another club's supporters, you get loads of pathetic, snide comments from people. Perhaps you should let the Keeper post, Grandad, as he may have a better level of comprehension and better wit than you clearly have........

Archived