IGNORED

Don't Shoot The Messenger

Andy Horsman

It wouldn't surprise me in all honesty.

Really?

I would be absolutely stunned if A) SoD would be willing to go there and B) Wolves were in for him. The state they are in going for SoD, a manager of a team who finished below them in the league would not be the best way to start winning the fans back.

My understanding too, makes the "long term" argument I hear so much about a bit silly. :dunno:

How exactly?

It is essentially employment on the sort of terms you and I would be on. He is employed until such time either party decides they do not want to be. It makes perfect sense.

When was the last time this club lost a manager to another club and was due compo? Pulis? Joe Jordan? Before that? If anything, it saves us money as we won't be left paying off a 5 year contract if it all goes tits up like with GJ.

It's all about trust. Has SOD given any indication he is not in it for the long term? No.

Of all the things currently to get upset about, the terms of SOD's contract are not really worth discussion.

He wants to be here, he chose us out of three clubs in the championship because he has bought into the LONG TERM vision. He's said it enough times for it to be an unquestionable motive for his joining the club.

All this continued falsified speculation shows is the beginnings of an agenda IMO. It all smacks of Robbo and GJ....

Nothing would surprise me anymore. Isn't he on a pretty easy to get out of yearly rolling contract which he is close to a third of the way through already?

I would not be at all surprised if he was approached, as a candidate. Wolves are a pretty well run club financially, it may seem like a good opportunity.

Come on TRL - you can never be a third of the way through a rolling contract - that is what "rolling" means

It is effectively the same as a contract of employment in the real world with 12 months notice either way. In the unlikely event that Wolves are after him and he wants to go we will be entitlled to enforce 12 months gardening leave unless satisfied by an offer of compensation. Different though if he stages a Coppell style "disillusioned - wants to retire" gambit!

Come on TRL - you can never be a third of the way through a rolling contract - that is what "rolling" means

It is effectively the same as a contract of employment in the real world with 12 months notice either way. In the unlikely event that Wolves are after him and he wants to go we will be entitlled to enforce 12 months gardening leave unless satisfied by an offer of compensation. Different though if he stages a Coppell style "disillusioned - wants to retire" gambit!

Thanks timbo, as pointed out 2 or 3 times already ;) I may as well take another ribbing

Do me a favour, re-read my original post PROPERLY, and then look at the link to the WW forum, and then explain 'got nothing better to do than make up stories'.

I don't believe it for a second, but it's ridiculous some of the replies you get considering your title!

I don't believe it for a second, but it's ridiculous some of the replies you get considering your title!

ROK has gone and that wasn't in the script, SOD rumours have been doing the rounds for a month or so, I know it's difficult to tell with SOD but he dosen't look completely at ease to me and SL has alluded to the fact that he isn't the easiest guy in the world to deal with and he was born in Wolverhampton, probably not true but being BCFC I wouldn't bet against it.

Anything to get out of the trip to Botswana? :whistle:

Agree SO'D doesn't look comfortable ( but has he ever?) and O'Kelly'd departure could be seen as ominous.

Can't see him wanting to do endless interviews explaining his philosophy to a new set of fans again so soon but this is Bristol City we're talking about and if there's one club guaranteed to be unpredictable and spring surprises it's this one.

My gut feeling with SO'D is I simply don't have one and if we woke up tomorrow to news he was moving to Wolves it certainly wouldn't be a shock.

Interesting comment from one of them about O'Kelly

Wouldn't trust O'Kelly, I've seen his coaching first hand, he just wants to be 'one of the boys' and the players love him for it ... offers little in the way of tactical knowledge or game plans.

Anything to get out of the trip to Botswana? :whistle:

Agree SO'D doesn't look comfortable ( but has he ever?) and O'Kelly'd departure could be seen as ominous.

Can't see him wanting to do endless interviews explaining his philosophy to a new set of fans again so soon but this is Bristol City we're talking about and if there's one club guaranteed to be unpredictable and spring surprises it's this one.

My gut feeling with SO'D is I simply don't have one and if we woke up tomorrow to news he was moving to Wolves it certainly wouldn't be a shock.

Noggers,

SOD won't be leaving anytime soon - he hasn't had his photo taken with you yet!

Or has he?????

Noggers,

SOD won't be leaving anytime soon - he hasn't had his photo taken with you yet!

Or has he?????

No, but neither did Del downend........

Funnily enough, if you remember there were loads on here pleading with me not to get a photo with Del.

Really?

I would be absolutely stunned if A) SoD would be willing to go there and B) Wolves were in for him. The state they are in going for SoD, a manager of a team who finished below them in the league would not be the best way to start winning the fans back.

He's Wolves through and through, he's the fans top choice, well respected in the lower tiers of football league, knows this division very well.

It would certainly top off one of the worst seasons of supporting City!

He's Wolves through and through, he's the fans top choice, well respected in the lower tiers of football league, knows this division very well.

It would certainly top off one of the worst seasons of supporting City!

Yep, and all exciting young ( and hungry ;) ) new signings he's got lined up for City will end up with him at Wolves instead.

Still, on the bright side, he might take midfield maestro Kilkenny with him.

Archived