IGNORED

New Assistant To So'd - Update - Pemberton Appointed

Ronnie

Didn't say I hated him.... Can't see that word anywhere...?

Didn't rate him as a player... Just my opinion... Everyone has one...

Danny Wilson - pre Millennium Play Off... Well documented...

Managerial reign was a nightmare...

So do I want him back...?

Not me...

I am a great supporter of freedom of speech and support your right to your opinion regardless of so many facts that really dont support it, like games played, goals scored, assists etc.

However in my opinion he was a very good player who was the heartbeat of our team for ten years and is welcome here at any time in almost any capacity...Tinman was is and forever will be a Shithead!

Anyway back to the thread...I feel Pemberton will be a great appointment and I'm already feeling good about the future. We have been crying out to bring youth through for years and now we are clearly going to do it! The only way a club like ours can be succesful is to bring on its own with a backroom staff that are not just employees but are on a mission to achieve something remarkable....I cant wait for next season now!....Anyone wanna play in goal?

As you say nine years ago, however your complete denial of this happening makes me sense your viewing Tinnion though some rose tinted glasses, his comments regarding Wilson after he had gone summed up Tinnion really,

Recall when Danny Wilson came back to Ashton Gate with MK dons (???) and Wilson refused to shake his hand pre and post match, then Tinnion went on a major rant at City fans because we'd given Wilson respectful applause on his return, can't remember the exact comment but it was something to the effect of "why are you clapping someone who couldn't get this club up in 4 season". Whether he had a point or not is regardless but not the comments of someone who has respect for his former manager

Still all history now

Tinman and Danny Wilson did not get on personally! So What!!! Its ancient history.

Pemberton .... looks a good appointment.

Jesz .. Tinman was a quality player. He made some good decisions as manager also - Russell as an example. Danny Wilson, I'm sure is a nice bloke but off-the-field, players seemed to take advantage of his regular absence (home opp north) and nice guy image. Inevitably players lax attitudes/dodgy behaviour ended up being reflected in the on-field performances.We're still dealing with the fall-out of that culture today. Good on Tins if he was trying to stop the rot!

Best kept away for ever.

Average player, and after the way he got the job and his managerial nightmare he is never welcome back in any capacity..

Just my view..

Just ask Danny Wilson..

How can you say that? Tinnion was a true City legend. He was definitely my personal favourite player. There was always hope when he was on the pitch. Just because he failed as a manager should never decry his status in the team's history. He's up there with the greatest to have donned the red shirt.

unbelievable statement, I am 24 years old and Tinnion was and i'm sure for many people around my age, my childhood hero, Some of my friends back in the mid/late 90's when having a kickabout would model themselves on Alan Shearer, Paul Gascoigne etc etc and that's fair enough, But I always wanted to be Brian Tinnion, The guy deserves so much more respect than he gets on here, Do people on here want to forget his penalty against Rovers, His volleyed free kick against Cambridge, the Penalty against Cardiff, His many assists for Scott Murray, Shaun Goater and many others i'm sure, Let alone the goal at Anfield.

They were all as a player of course but before he was the manager in 2004, he was a Youth Coach for a few years and brought through Scott Golbourne, David Cotterill, Cole Skuse, and placed a lot of trust in Leroy Lita (more than Wilson did anyway), And with those 4 players, we got a fee of around 3.2 million, We could of got another million had we sold Skuse to Stoke City.

I will admit, I would not of wanted Tin's to be Assistant Manager, Once you've had your time as one of the main men that's it, It would of been a disaster, But from what i'v said above and his experience abroad, I think bringing him back to the club to help with the academy and install some pride back into this club, I 100% support it.

So whether he does come back or not, Brian will always be a hero to me, No matter what some negative armchair keyboard warriors on here think

I thought Tinnion was an excellent player but to remember him for two penalties? Really?

+1...that was the true tragedy of him getting the managers job here-that we were running the huge risk of losing a guy that could do so much good work bringing on the young-uns.

Exactly, same with Millen. Sooner or later managers are sacked, resign or leave by mutual consent, managers more highly experienced than either of them faced that ending. Rarely do they leave us for bigger and better things, much like our players really.

It was only ever going to end that way for Tinnion, no matter how much we wanted him to succeed the odds were stacked against him. When we lost him we lost all the good work he had done previously which seems one hell of a waste for what we gambled in return.

When players are leaning their game they often go out and loan and experience other clubs and develop. Maybe when ex players are considering coaching/management they need wider experiences too, especially if they have spent a lot of their career at just one club. I think Tinnion has done this, running s schools in another country has certainly distanced himself from his bad management experience. If he chooses to come back to us then I hope he isn't beaten with that stick for evermore

Archived