IGNORED

What A Send Off!

Robin Higgo

I really don't understand the Man U/ferries hatred. I hate their plastic fans with a passion but as a club then they have to be admired. Built their way up from the bottom, have one of the best youth systems in the world that has produced world class home grown players. They didn't buy their way to success they earned it.

Personally I hate clubs like Chelsea man City etc because their success has been brought.

SIR Alex wasn't just a manager he was a club manager. He has oversaw the massive redevelopment of Old Trafford. Built an amazing training ground and youth system and has put all the processes in place that SOD keeps banging on about. He has built a legacy at that club and I don't think any manager will ever be able to build a legacy at a club like he has.

It was warming to see him surrounded by all his grand kids and even more warming was what he said in his speech which was the reason for his retirement being that his wives sister recently passed away and now she is lonely and as she did so much for him he now thought it was time to do something for her.

Sir Alex is a truly remarkable manager, person, father, grand father and husband. I for one think today is a very sad day for English football and made sure my children witnessed a historical day.

Don't get all the Man U bashing. They are the biggest and best club in the country. Fergie has played a huge part in that. You don't need to be a fan to spot that.... Surely the criticism is just jealousy?

If people can't understand or recognise what's been achieved perhaps they can at least take the opportunity to reflect on what's NOT been achieved over the same period at our club. When Man United last changed manager, David Moyes was playing for us, he's about to become United boss whilst we've worked our way through 18 permanent managers. Oh, and managed not to appoint Moyes when we had the chance.

United pulled together, had a plan and stuck to it. We've had more plans than Ferguson's had rants at referees.

Don't get all the Man U bashing. They are the biggest and best club in the country. Fergie has played a huge part in that. You don't need to be a fan to spot that.... Surely the criticism is just jealousy?

If people can't understand or recognise what's been achieved perhaps they can at least take the opportunity to reflect on what's NOT been achieved over the same period at our club. When Man United last changed manager, David Moyes was playing for us, he's about to become United boss whilst we've worked our way through 18 permanent managers. Oh, and managed not to appoint Moyes when we had the chance.

United pulled together, had a plan and stuck to it. We've had more plans than Ferguson's had rants at referees.

We seem to have a plan, have a board willing to stick to it and certain fans want to stick the knife in as early as possible....

I have never been a fan of ManU but from a fans point of view it would be nice to have a manager to appreciate and properly say goodbye to.

How many of our managers have left us to retire, and I don't mean Coppell. How many of them have we reluctantly seen move to a bigger and better job like the Everton fans have done, I can only think of Joe Jordan? Just about all others have been sacked, left by mutual consent or resigned, leaving quietly by the back door. I can only think of the press conference involving Gary Johnson as being any kind of a good luck and goodbye.

So seeing the scenes at Everton and Manchester won't be witnessed here until we are stable and taken as far as we can by a successful manager, or we manage to keep one until retirement age and beyond, which will happen first? !!!

We seem to have a plan, have a board willing to stick to it and certain fans want to stick the knife in as early as possible....

Yes I know we've a plan TODAY. I was praising United whilst pointing out that sticking to a plan works. Would you not agree with the point I made that we've had at least 18 plans (managers) in the time they've successfully stuck to one?

Or are you suggesting that over the past 26 years we've been similarly well run clubs? (Having watched those 26 years I suggest that they've just about edged it!!).

Yes I know we've a plan TODAY. I was praising United whilst pointing out that sticking to a plan works. Would you not agree with the point I made that we've had at least 18 plans (managers) in the time they've successfully stuck to one?

Or are you suggesting that over the past 26 years we've been similarly well run clubs? (Having watched those 26 years I suggest that they've just about edged it!!).

Just commenting that we have a plan, have had many, and that each time they are undermined by certain fans.

Find it funny that you would pick up on the consistency of support at Utd and backing he received from his board after a slow start yet have been one of the most vocal critics of SOD's reign so far.

Looking at the evidence, there's every chance you'd have been one of the united fans calling for SAF's head....

He's part of the fabric of the Barclays Premier League.

Have you really just called it the 'Barclays Premier League'?! Jesus Christ.

You should become friends with Owen Coyle. You and him have would have a great time talking about how Wigan are holders of the 'FA Cup in association with Budweiser', how Mister Potato is a fantastic choice to be 'Manchester United's official snack partner' and what a shame it is that Newcastle felt the need to drop Sports Direct from the name of their stadium.

Maybe Rio was thinking about the drug-test he 'forgot about' and that was a personal low point!

Didn't Ferguson lie about Rio's post match antics in this case?

Rio : "This is for the fans who have supported us through thick and thin"

Thin ?! Thin ?!

When was that then; I must have bee asleep or something ?

What about real fans who know nothing but THIN, THIN & more THIN ?!

Perhaps he's thinking of the occasions when Howard Webb didn't ref for them?

The success of Mr Ferguson cannot be dismissed. However, personally I'd rather have a man of honour, integrity and honesty in charge of my team than a winner (obviously, I'd prefer both but I can't think of anyone in recent times who meets that criteria - Bobby Robson perhaps?). I understand that all the young'uns who have only grown up with the Premiershit won't understand me.

I really don't understand the Man U/ferries hatred. I hate their plastic fans with a passion but as a club then they have to be admired. Built their way up from the bottom, have one of the best youth systems in the world that has produced world class home grown players. They didn't buy their way to success they earned it.

Personally I hate clubs like Chelsea man City etc because their success has been brought.

SIR Alex wasn't just a manager he was a club manager. He has oversaw the massive redevelopment of Old Trafford. Built an amazing training ground and youth system and has put all the processes in place that SOD keeps banging on about. He has built a legacy at that club and I don't think any manager will ever be able to build a legacy at a club like he has.

It was warming to see him surrounded by all his grand kids and even more warming was what he said in his speech which was the reason for his retirement being that his wives sister recently passed away and now she is lonely and as she did so much for him he now thought it was time to do something for her.

Sir Alex is a truly remarkable manager, person, father, grand father and husband. I for one think today is a very sad day for English football and made sure my children witnessed a historical day.

But they did spend a lot on their recent success.

People are too quick to forget that Manchester United went out and spent huge amounts of money (for the time) on players such as Ince and Pallister etc in the late 80's early 90's.

They then continued to reap the rewards of the "new" money in the premier league era. If it hadn't of been for the likes of Blackburn, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal (to a lesser extent- again people forget that they spent a lot on their team in the mid 90's) no one would have been able to challenge them in terms of buying players, never mind the winning the title.

He lost the league last year, so what does he do? Spends the best part of £35 million on 2 players to win it back!!

Before any one starts, I do have a lot of time for what Sir Alex has achieved, I understand you can't just throw money at a club and expect success (QPR, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds...and... well... er ....us I guess!!), but one of his greatest achievements is the myths he creates to undermine other clubs/managers. The biggest one of all being that he has never had the same financial backing as others.

If I'm honest it is the fans that annoy me, especially the younger ones who have no idea what it's like to be a real football fan and have to stand by your team in the bad times as well as the good. They seem to think they have a given right to win every thing and finishing 2nd and not winning a trophy is considered a bad season.

Maybe I'm bitter, maybe I'm jealous or maybe I'm just annoyed as it's going to take me hours to get home due to their open top bus parade this evening :ranting:

Archived