IGNORED

Danny Haynes

Roadrunner

He was one of the factors Maynard had such a good season in 2009/10, in comparison to the rest of his Championship career. With him and Maynard up front, opposition defences could rarely relax, largely due to their sheer pace

I wasn't upset when he left, but he'd be a decent signing for any L1 team.

• Admin

I would he was decent...

get him back, he was a decent championship player on his day, just cant seem to get that consistency. Easily good enough for league 1 though!

The key word is "WAS", how many years ago are we talking about?

Move on, and worry about positions that need filling

He was one of the factors Maynard had such a good season in 2009/10, in comparison to the rest of his Championship career. With him and Maynard up front, opposition defences could rarely relax, largely due to their sheer pace

I wasn't upset when he left, but he'd be a decent signing for any L1 team.

no he wasn't, Maynard set up most of his goals himself wasn't our leading assists that season 5?

no he wasn't, Maynard set up most of his goals himself wasn't our leading assists that season 5?

For me it's a similar case at Palace with Bolasie and Zaha. Due to the threat Zaha poses, opposition defences have to focus on him a lot, allowing for Yannick to have a lot more space, which obviously is going to benefit a player like him, who is tricky with the ball at his feet. I'd be surprised if he maintains the quality when Zaha departs. With Haynes, although not being the best striker, his pace meant opposition defences couldn't focus purely on Maynard, thus allowing him more space to shoot from 25-yards. He wasn't the sole factor behind Maynard having a good season, but he was one of them. And the fact that it was Maynard's only great season in the Championship may also imply this.

Like I've said, I wasn't fussed when he left as I didn't rate Haynes that highly. However, he's worth looking at for any L1 side, particularly if we lose Baldock and are subsequently left with just Taylor and Davies. Not that I think it'll happen mind you.

Not at all what he said though was it?

Haynes had such frightening pace that he put the opposition on the back foot and despite lacking any end product require an extra man to mark him effectively this producing space for Maynard to operate.

Didn't rate Haynes, but he was a very good foil for Nicky.

Personally I always put him in the headless chicken category. He would be useful in League One, but as someone else said he isn't going to come back here anyway.

An enthusiastic headless chicken. At least he wasn't like some of the current crop of mopey bullsh1tters we have...

Danny was another of our headless chicken speedy wingers but you couldn't help loving him, like you couldn't help loving Ivan.

Got a soft spot for him because he would never not run his guts out for us and scored some important goals eg. at Florist that got us a 1 - 1 in the dying minutes.

Lets just enjoy the memories.

I know he did - slight over exaggeration saying every other goal in their goal of the season was by him. Still think about 4 or 5 of them were by him and all very good goals.

Including 1 against us at AG.

Archived