IGNORED

Interesting Question...

shire_redz

...How many players in our team against Brighton would have cut it in the first division? Example: Lee Peacock: if we were promoted then his career at City would have been over, very few goals in 2nd div = very unlikely to be prolific in the first, whereas, staying in the second would ensure a new contract and first team football. At the end of the day these players have mortgages and families and need an income in a very short-lived career. What I am asking you is, Did the majority of the team REALLY want to get promoted?

Guest Lockerman

I have asked myself that very same question.

this is one of the reasons I am claiming that we should not be offering new contracts, in fact we should out them and rebuild.

After all they have had the chances over the last three seasons and have not achieved it.

Not good enough in my opinion.

Pretty much every team in this league would have players in the same position including, Plymuff, QPR and Brighton. It was not the reason for our defeat, I don't believe that footballers think that way, they are generally convinced of their own ability whatever the reality of the situation.

The reason for the defeat against Brighton was that their confidence was undermined by DW picking a side, that clearly suggested he didn't think we were good enough to go and win it.

All players want to play at a higher level simply because it means a bigger pay cheque.

Whether they are capable of playing higher up is another matter.

Of the City squad, only Docherty and Phillips could definately do it.WBA didn't think Bultler could so they let him go,Murray failed to sparkle at Reading.As for the others,they are decent second division footballers - second division.

Guest bristolbred
Of the City squad, only Docherty and Phillips could definately do it.WBA didn't think Bultler could so they let him go,Murray failed to sparkle at Reading.As for the others,they are decent second division footballers - second division.
That's it with City!!, :laugh:

Are we a capable side that would set the First division alive??. :laugh:

Or just a better than the average Second division side??. :grr:

:laugh::laugh:

Archived