IGNORED

Kevin Krans

ciderbeans

How good is this kid? Having been at PSG at a young age and having been scouted by Chelsea, it would seem he may have some potential but so far, that is all I've heard. Is he anywhere near the first team and can anyone that has seen him play say that he has the potential to be a prem standard striker when he's older? I would like to see him progress into the first team the same time as burns etc.

All thoughts welcome

Apparently out of contract in July, thats a shame. Will we get anything in way of a tribunal fee or?

Forget keeping him then, he appears a real talent with big clubs sniffing.

cant be right. He signed a new 18 month deal in feb. http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Striker-Kevin-Krans-chooses-Bristol/story-18212204-detail/story.html#axzz2Tai5YV6Y

Thanks, 1 year deal though, why not 2 or 3 if hes that good? the risk in his wages at 19 would be insignificant compared to the fee we could command if he is as good as they say?

Im guessing this is a much to do with his agent that the lad himself, otherwise what a balls ups.

Quick and got an eye for goal, Would of been good to use last season when Baldock was out but hey ho we'll move on...

I reckon if played regularly he could develop into a good player, Not just this in and out until he's 24, Give him a lot of Bench appearances next season with the occasional start, if he shines keep him in.

If we offload Baldock and Davies,

Taylor

Burns

Kran

*signing*

Doesn't sound like a bad strike force to me, But I'm sure people on here disagree with me :)

Quick and got an eye for goal, Would of been good to use last season when Baldock was out but hey ho we'll move on...

I reckon if played regularly he could develop into a good player, Not just this in and out until he's 24, Give him a lot of Bench appearances next season with the occasional start, if he shines keep him in.

If we offload Baldock and Davies,

Taylor

Burns

Kran

*signing*

Doesn't sound like a bad strike force to me, But I'm sure people on here disagree with me :)

Would say It COULD be a good strikeforce but a tad risky as no proven goalscorer in there.

Taylor

Burns

Kran

*signing*

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but how many senior level goals has this bunch scored in total?!! Unless the 'new signing' was exceptional & were only looking to play 1 up top then ok but otherwise it looks incredibly weak!!!

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but how many senior level goals has this bunch scored in total?!! Unless the 'new signing' was exceptional & were only looking to play 1 up top then ok but otherwise it looks incredibly weak!!!

How many goals do you expect them to have when there 19/20 and haven't had many games to play in?

Taylor would be the Stead, Not necessarily a goal scorer but he'll add some creativity up front. This strike force would be a risk, But with FFP it should be a risk we should take.

Does anyone know who has and hasn't been retained from the U21s?

There were a number signed or already on the books:

Holloway

Krans

Jones

King

Battersby

Dobie

I belive Burns and Ajala are under contract but dunno about the rest.

Are they all still here or have some been shown the door?

I'd give Taylor a run out as centre back pre-season. He has some qualities as a fotballer but goal scoring isn't one of them. A centre forward needs to contribute at least 8-10 goals a season even if his main role is provider for a 20 a season co striker. I can't see Taylor scoring more than five a season at any level. So unless we have some goalscoring midfielders and play two up front with a 20 goal a season support striker then a stubborn decision to play a non-goal scoring striker with some neat touches will cost us next season.

Regardless of his contract, what is his ability and potential like ad are we likely to catch a glimpse of him this season in the first team?

Its very simple this, he hasn't been anywhere near the bench so we either assume willie,alex ,sod and okelly are useless,,or the lad isn't ready.

Ojala stepped up near the end to join the others, so it cant be lack of opportunity can it ?

Exceptional talent who will be heavily involved next season.

Ludicrous comment....... Exceptional.... on what basis do you make that call ?

If he was exceptional at 22, why are the younger academy boys getting 1st team games ahead of him

On your barometer wes burns and ajala would be a legends !!!

In his last season at Rotherham, before signing for us, he scored 12, so that's a factually incorrect thing to say. Since he has been here, he's had 3 bad injuries which have hampered his progress BUT his career stats show a 1 goal every 4 games return. Perhaps he is yet another who simply wasn't upto scratch for the NPC, but could do well in L1.

I'd give Taylor a run out as centre back pre-season. He has some qualities as a fotballer but goal scoring isn't one of them. A centre forward needs to contribute at least 8-10 goals a season even if his main role is provider for a 20 a season co striker. I can't see Taylor scoring more than five a season at any level. So unless we have some goalscoring midfielders and play two up front with a 20 goal a season support striker then a stubborn decision to play a non-goal scoring striker with some neat touches will cost us next season.

Let stick a striker at centre back? What funny stuff have you been smoking on my friend? Will know nothing about the position so will not work, plus he was an incredibly good target man with a decent record for Rotherham in L2 before all his injurys, should easily be able to cut it at a L1 level.

In his last season at Rotherham, before signing for us, he scored 12, so that's a factually incorrect thing to say. Since he has been here, he's had 3 bad injuries which have hampered his progress BUT his career stats show a 1 goal every 4 games return. Perhaps he is yet another who simply wasn't upto scratch for the NPC, but could do well in L1.

he's scored 2 in 32 apperances for us and 25 in 172 career apperances a goal scorer he is not

Getting back to KK i have seen him a few times for the Ressies and he reminds me a lot of a young Leroy Lita. He's lightening quick and a lethal finisher, i dont think he's quite ready for the 1st team yet i would send him out on loan for a couple of months to gain some 1st team experience first.

Enough of sending 20 year olds on loan. Involve them or ship them out.

If they arent good enough for league one at his age they shouldnt be in the squad.

This. The justification for not bringing through the youth has, for the last few seasons, been that the NPC was too tough a baptism - but league 1? We might even see some NPC clubs sending their prospects to us for some game time (oh the shame of it all). I'm not advocating throwing just anyone into the squad, but a 20-21 year old being up to div 1 standard is not an unreasonable expectation is it?

All this talk about our under 21 players not yet ready for the real thing - ludicrous ruminations when you consider all the under 21 men who have fought for their country - in two world wars right up to present day Iraq and Afghanistan.

All this talk about our under 21 players not yet ready for the real thing - ludicrous ruminations when you consider all the under 21 men who have fought for their country - in two world wars right up to present day Iraq and Afghanistan.

But that's not a cold Tuesday night in Carlisle

No, I totally agree with you, Just stick them on a 5 a side pitch that'll strengthen them up a bit against the big bald 40 year olds who are only there to break bones!

Could you imagine if they had to swap places with the armed forces, Wouldn't know what hit em

Where possiblle all of those should be first team, not JPT. They have Champs and other experience and need to be playing. Youth like Castanheira who havent yet made the first team should be JPT,

Yep, see my post straight after the first one. More advanced younger players should be in first team squad.

I would like to see Krans and Burns as part of the first team squad next year to compliment Taylor, Baldock and Davies. Due to financial fair play and long contracts for Baldock and Davies it doesn't look as if though we will have to sell them.

If we keep hold of them and have those 5 strikers at our disposal next season we will be looking strong in the forward line that's for sure.

Archived