IGNORED

Kevin Krans

ciderbeans

All this talk about our under 21 players not yet ready for the real thing - ludicrous ruminations when you consider all the under 21 men who have fought for their country - in two world wars right up to present day Iraq and Afghanistan.

And unfortunately quite a large number of those "Under 21's" paid the ultimate price because they weren't ready for the real thing.

Enough of sending 20 year olds on loan. Involve them or ship them out.

If they arent good enough for league one at his age they shouldnt be in the squad.

He's just hit twenty and we have an under 21 squad so if they hit 21 and have no way into the team they will leave instantly, he has a contract for next year to prove himself and is out of contract and too old for development squad after that, what is the harm? Players have to develop physically, unless they are expcetionally talented they are not going to be physically imposing enough at 18 where they are just reaching the end of growth and then will need to bulk up for the rigours of the leagues.

Good to see redeye on form again. In regards to younger players such as Burns, Reid and Krans you'd certainly expect to see them at some point next season considering we will be in the JPT. As others have said long gone need to be the days of bigging up players from the age of 16 and ending up releasing them at 21 without ever really making an appearance for us. Our youth policy since our promotion in 2007 has been appalling and finally it looks as if we're addressing that issue.

Only odd if your intellect isn't up to the contextual evaluation.

No it's not, it's a terrible analogy. It's not much different from saying "He's 18 and failed an A-Level exam. There are 18 year olds fighting in Afghanistan". In fact, you're overarching point actually discredits what you've stated as you're implying that there is no comparison between the situation young men find themselves in on active service and then tried to make a comparison

Good to see redeye on form again. In regards to younger players such as Burns, Reid and Krans you'd certainly expect to see them at some point next season considering we will be in the JPT. As others have said long gone need to be the days of bigging up players from the age of 16 and ending up releasing them at 21 without ever really making an appearance for us. Our youth policy since our promotion in 2007 has been appalling and finally it looks as if we're addressing that issue.

Burns yes I'm not too sure on Reid to be honest I hope he can make the step up but I still have my doubts about him,

I don't think we'll see much of Krans we still have Baldock Davies and Taylor all ahead of him in the pecking order and Burns who can play wing or up front as well,

The young Rhys Jordan could be the next one we see braking through he seems to be getting good reviews and has stepped up a level with New Zealand, him and Joe Morrell could be making the bench,

Young Jack Batton too is worth keeping an eye I've heard he's been ear marked for the tour of Botswarna

He's just hit twenty and we have an under 21 squad so if they hit 21 and have no way into the team they will leave instantly, he has a contract for next year to prove himself and is out of contract and too old for development squad after that, what is the harm? Players have to develop physically, unless they are expcetionally talented they are not going to be physically imposing enough at 18 where they are just reaching the end of growth and then will need to bulk up for the rigours of the leagues.

Not sure they really need to bulk up - that's often just adding additional weight to their frames that can hamper them - at 18 there is no reason they should not already be physically strong, with good body flexibility/movement and powerful cores, in fact as they are professional athletes they should be strong.

Not sure they really need to bulk up - that's often just adding additional weight to their frames that can hamper them - at 18 there is no reason they should not already be physically strong, with good body flexibility/movement and powerful cores, in fact as they are professional athletes they should be strong.

I dont necessarily mean bulking up ridiculously, but with the right guidance the players will be able to 'strengthen' up without being hampered. I do rate Reid and Bryan as very talented footballers but I do sometimes worry about the physical side of them, which should come on in the next few year.

Ronaldo did admit that before the best season he had at Manchester United he spent the whole summer in the gym bulking up and working on things such as speed and strength I do believe.

Burns yes I'm not too sure on Reid to be honest I hope he can make the step up but I still have my doubts about him,

I don't think we'll see much of Krans we still have Baldock Davies and Taylor all ahead of him in the pecking order and Burns who can play wing or up front as well,

The young Rhys Jordan could be the next one we see braking through he seems to be getting good reviews and has stepped up a level with New Zealand, him and Joe Morrell could be making the bench,

Young Jack Batton too is worth keeping an eye I've heard he's been ear marked for the tour of Botswarna

I'm not talking about regular action but sub and JPT appearances. My main point being I expect to see them play at points in the season, which is unlike any youth player in the previous 6 seasons bar the end of season games.

Joe Morrell making the bench?

I can't believe that anyone saying that has seen him play.

Went to school with him, Played with him a couple of times, Seen him play in school games and on TV

Looks like a Kilkenny type player, Safe sideways and sits deep but rarely gets stuck in, He needs to be in behind the strikers just being that explosive CAM that can create a chance in a flash, He's got the pace and ability but atm too safe

Disagree Strongly don't rate Ajala.

Ajala has a bit to prove so with you on that, but he is definately ahead of krans at the moment.

But burns is ahead of both of them, and younger by a couple of years to boot

Lets see what happens pre season,mall to play for for a number of the youngsters

Archived