IGNORED

What Do You Do For Fun ?

Fiale

Outside of the football season I have started to find myself getting pretty bored - the days of drinking and partying are gone, and my main hobby (gaming) I have just found life going a little stale. I go to the gym every morning, and that's about it.

Does anyone have any interesting hobbies / Pursuits...... at this rate I can see myself buying a beige cardigan, flask, regatta jacket and joining the ramblers association....... it sends chills down my spine..........

Outside of the football season I have started to find myself getting pretty bored - the days of drinking and partying are gone, and my main hobby (gaming) I have just found life going a little stale. I go to the gym every morning, and that's about it.

Does anyone have any interesting hobbies / Pursuits...... at this rate I can see myself buying a beige cardigan, flask, regatta jacket and joining the ramblers association....... it sends chills down my spine..........

Just started go karting, great fun, I would like to try some sort of car racing, but don't have the readies. really enjoying it. Was thinking about getting a jet ski.... have to wait and see about that

Gym 3 mornings a week since I retired just over 3 years ago. It has its obvious health benefits plus I enjoy it. My other hobby is indoor and outdoor bowls. Currently its the outdoor season and we've won our last 3 games and yesterday it was perfect weather as we turned over Burnham at our place. Great way to spend an afternoon.

If I didn't bowl I would probably return to my old hobby of course fishing. I've still got most of the tackle.

There is nothing better in life than writing on the sole of your slipper with a Biro.

Early-retired last year so sadly broke but amazingly happy. Made sure I bought all necessary toys while earning. Now, as most of my mates who've early-retired say, how the **** did we find the time to hold down (very) demanding jobs?

For me, in no particular order; dog, 7 acre wood, numerous gardens, GSX 1400, fishing, golfing, kayaking, coast & moor walks, keep fit sessions, biking in various forms, photography plus many, many more pursuits (the DIY hasn't started yet!).

The plonker that wrote the report published last week saying early retirement damages your mental and physical well-being needs his head examining. .. never been happier (apart from with a certain football club) or healthier.

Wow, a very active group - hearing about those who have retired, that is one of the things that has crossed my mind recently - want something to keep me occupied. Already got my mind going with a few options............

Have lots of biros, no slippers.......

Good luck at Uni Hodge - wish I was that young again....... waking up and recovering from a hangover in hours whereas nowadays it's days.

Watch highlights of the previous season

Our highlights this year stopped after Cardiff at home :(

I've recently bought Liam Fontaines Guide to Defending should be interesting

Oh god - I am about to go to bed, now I will probably have nightmares......... maybe we could flood the book as freebies tot all the other academies... might help us out :-)

Other than biros on slippers, my main hobbies, all year round to be fair, are running and SCUBA.

Early-retired last year so sadly broke but amazingly happy. Made sure I bought all necessary toys while earning. Now, as most of my mates who've early-retired say, how the **** did we find the time to hold down (very) demanding jobs?

The plonker that wrote the report published last week saying early retirement damages your mental and physical well-being needs his head examining. .. never been happier (apart from with a certain football club) or healthier.

I've never been happier either. That report that you mention must apply to those who don't have any plans or hobbies in retirement and simply slip into depression. Loss of role is an important element as well. We all know people who are what there job is and when that job is gone can't adapt to the change. Others feel that without a job that they are on the dung heap.

Its only three years but sometimes I 'forget' what my profession was. I rarely, if ever think about my former career.

I'm a gamer in my spare time (don't get much these days sadly) and if the games good it will engross me for hours,

Cricket is on, the F1 season is well underway and there are some good films due out in the next few months so theres still plenty to do :)

Play Cricket on Saturdays and Sundays, have a few beers after but most of the time its more than a few...

Used to play football alot as a kid but when I was 14 I had a bad injury and so I haven't really bothered since. Occasionally play 5 a side now again but nothing more.

So for me its Cricket and Booze

My hobby is not shaving for a few days then when it gets too itchy shaving and then not shaving for a few days.Then I shave again.It is a very fulfilling hobby and not too time consuming with the added benefit of being quite inexpensive.It is also a hobby that my wife sometimes likes to partake in.

I do whatever I can do release the endorphines in my brain that tell me things are good. Sometimes its better just to take tablets or illegal drugs for this, but normal stuff works on occasions too.

I like to read a lot, Im reading the latest Simon Scarrow book with Macro and Cato...I love them! I've just finished reading the 7 GoT books.... phew never again, how many characters to follow?

Anything historical fiction, Roman books, Tudors.

Long tiem online gamer (PC gamer) I dont understand the attraction with Xbox and PS3 Wii's etc, tab lets. Find it hard to run scripts and other programmes on them, plus the graphic and interface are just awful.

I used to play Ultima Online which was epic back in the day (15 yrs ago maybe), then WOW and EVE. plus a load of other games i didnt find as interesting.

Now I dont have time so much for games, especially games like EVE which require your entire devotion.

I do whatever I can do release the endorphines in my brain that tell me things are good. Sometimes its better just to take tablets or illegal drugs for this, but normal stuff works on occasions too.

I like to read a lot, Im reading the latest Simon Scarrow book with Macro and Cato...I love them! I've just finished reading the 7 GoT books.... phew never again, how many characters to follow?

Anything historical fiction, Roman books, Tudors.

Long tiem online gamer (PC gamer) I dont understand the attraction with Xbox and PS3 Wii's etc, tab lets. Find it hard to run scripts and other programmes on them, plus the graphic and interface are just awful.

I used to play Ultima Online which was epic back in the day (15 yrs ago maybe), then WOW and EVE. plus a load of other games i didnt find as interesting.

Now I dont have time so much for games, especially games like EVE which require your entire devotion.

Yeah was a avid MMO player for years - but WoW, WaR, Rift but have grown bored of them - still play online games like world of tanks, War Thunder - but I get bored quickly nowadays with them.

Read all the Game of Throne books as well - great read, can't wait to find out what's happening next - wondering if the Starks ever actually get revenge - they seem to get all the bad luck.

Have looked into Crossfit the last few days and am joining a running club - so have sorted out a few things now -

I just potter along trying to enjoy it best I can.

Fantasy hobbies would include guitar/piano playing (I'm very amateur at both) and snooker, if only I wasn't such a lazy bastard.

Enjoy my sports, cooking, reading, films..

Also like a drink but have to make a conscious effort not to go OTT. Gambling, shagging etc is also on that side of the track.

Big fan of chilling out, really. Talking drivel on here is also a feature.

Archived