IGNORED

We Are In Yeovils Shadow

BUTOR

All we have heard lately on this forum is Cardiff,Bristol Rovers and now Yeovil.City fans obsessions with these teams is embarrassing.Forget them and get behind our team.Support the manager and the team with hopefully some committed new players and stop banging on about everyone else.CTID.

That's because we thought we were better than a mid table championship side, we weren't and now we are paying the price

I still think Johnson had to go, and I never thought we were better than mid table.

Our play off final year was a massive blip, Johnson Made some massive errors in his management here, he lost the plot towards the end.

All we have heard lately on this forum is Cardiff,Bristol Rovers and now Yeovil.City fans obsessions with these teams is embarrassing.Forget them and get behind our team.Support the manager and the team with hopefully some committed new players and stop banging on about everyone else.CTID.

3 topics about Yeovil is hardly obsessive considering they are managed by GJ and have just gained promotion as a west country side.

I just don't get the mentality sometimes.Even Jamie Mcallister who in my opinion was an honest hardworking and useful player for us is now getting picked apart several years after he left us .Why is this?Is it just resentment at his recent success?It makes us look very sad and bitter.Good luck to him.

GJ is a perfect example of value for money and someone who knows how to work the training ground instead of throwing money at it in League 1. He may well know how to approach keeping Yeovil in the Championship now, maybe take them to a Championship play off. It's all been done before.

amen to that brother

How for ****sake can you be in the shadow of something infinately smaller ?

Underacheivement??

Good luck to the Glovers but it surely shows that we, as a club, have made mistakes?

We're still the biggest in the West country but by no means the most succesful, that's what we need to address IMHO.

Don't want to take anything away from Yeovil but not being the top team in the sw is a sad day, didn't think it could ever happen

Meritocracy is temporary, but class is permanent.

We will be back better and stronger to have another go at Prem promotion.

I still think Johnson had to go, and I never thought we were better than mid table.

Our play off final year was a massive blip, Johnson Made some massive errors in his management here, he lost the plot towards the end.

Maybe he did lose the plot but we were 15th!!! Not bottom, I know which position I would rather be in now. I couldn't care less if he is a bully, most good football managers are.

It is an embarrassment to be below Yeovil in the league and an indictment of our players (many of whom have been massively overpaid for the performances that they have shown), our management, and finally our board.

As 2 out of those 3 groups are by nature pretty transient (see how many players try to jump the sinking ship that they helped sink!) then it really is the board that should sit up and take notice.

I do believe that they are finally putting the right plans in place for a sustainable & successful future with an experienced set of coaches who want to develop young players and a proven director of football but whether or not that provides a change in fortunes as quickly as most fans would like is another matter entirely.

However envy is a strong motivator so a quick look down the A37 every now & again to remind ourselves of what we have lost as a club, one with much greater resources on lots of levels compared to Yeovil, may just be the spur we need.

In the meantime it's Crawley, Stevenage & facing Johnson Jr for us. God I hope we bounce straight back up!!!

COYR!!

It's a bit of a shitter being in the 3rd Division and below Yeovil , but fair play to them , pretty sure they were being tipped for relegation at the start of the season.

So we now have to ply our trade with the likes of Wolves , Sheffield Utd , Coventry , Swindon , Oldham , Bradford. All teams who have played in the Premier League and have won major domestic trophies. We've had a fall from grace , but we are far from the only ones.

We'll be back.

It's a bit of a shitter being in the 3rd Division and below Yeovil , but fair play to them , pretty sure they were being tipped for relegation at the start of the season.

So we now have to ply our trade with the likes of Wolves , Sheffield Utd , Coventry , Swindon , Oldham , Bradford. All teams who have played in the Premier League and have won major domestic trophies. We've had a fall from grace , but we are far from the only ones.

We'll be back.

Football can be cyclical. This year Yeovil have bragging rights, there's every opportunity that this time next year you could be back in the Championship and Yeovil back in L1.

The only certainty is that we can't change what has already happened. However much it hurts that Yeovil are the Senior club in the West Country now we all have to accept it and move on - it hurts me that Yeovil are now 2 divisions above Rovers but what can I do about it? Nothing - just carry on supporting the Gas again next year and hope for promotion.

This season has been Yeovils. Hopefully next year it will be the turn of our respective clubs ;)

Moan moan yes well done yeovil but come on get behind city I for one will be there for first home game getting behind the lads ctid.

I'll swear the majority on here that wanted Yeovile to win yesterday, did so just so they could have even more to moan about and another stick to beat the club with!

As for Yeovile, make the most of it, they may be a club playing in the Championship, but they are NOT a Championship club.

Yeovil are the man ure of north Dorset,try finding an actual yeovil fan in the town itself,few and far between,Chelsea on the other hand.Go to the surrounding villages and that's where you'll see people wearing green and white,infact when I used to deliver to Westlands I would see more City stickers and car kits than Yeovil ones.

Yeovil are the man ure of north Dorset,try finding an actual yeovil fan in the town itself,few and far between,Chelsea on the other hand.Go to the surrounding villages and that's where you'll see people wearing green and white,infact when I used to deliver to Westlands I would see more City stickers and car kits than Yeovil ones.

That might be about to change!

Look the only reason Yeovil are better than us is they had a fantastic manager this season and we had McInnes for the best part.

I reckon under SoD, we will soon be joining our Somerset cousins ( or within the next 5 or 6 yrs)!

Archived